Ok, after reading OP's post again, I think you guys were referring to the Bank's buy rate which is always lower than the actual exchange rate.
    11-14-16 11:00 PM
    And I didn't include postage - just the device.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    11-14-16 11:18 PM
    Dr Joe BIS only works on bbos. That is, OS7 and below. The dtek60 is blackdroid, that is, BlackBerry android, and therefore BIS doesn't apply. (and my Classic is bb10 and so no BIS either)

I can't suggest a plan if you want to stay with telstra, but I can tell you that I have a sim only plan with optus and pay $40 per month for 10gb data, all free aus calls + free sms, and 300 international minutes. I don't think this plan is going at the moment, instead I think it's an 8gb plan for $40.

Edit
    Bear in mind the cost of data without BIS. You are going to use lots more (tech expression!) than you would imagine cos of the way BIS 'scrunched' the data. So, I wouldn't suggest a plan less than 1.5 gb data.

11-17-16 07:32 PM
    Also, the dtek will have the smaller sim (nano?) so you'll need to get a new sim card, and telstra will need to enable 4G on it.

11-17-16 07:45 PM
    Thanks for the info.

Will definitely look up Clove UK.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 11:31 PM
    Clove shipped a phone to me last week in about 5 days. No Aussie plug but Coles sell an adapter for 10bucks . I used the DHL option. As for bbstore I never bought a phone but i got a few cases. I rang to check stock, paid over the phone and in two hours someone dropped them at my shop. Not all bad but I'd check stock first and only buy things that dont need warranty to be safe.
    11-18-16 12:28 AM
    Hi all,

My colleague ordered a DTEK60 from Unlocked-Mobiles last week on the strength of the experience reported here. But, his experience has not been so good.

UM charged his credit card but have withheld shipping on the grounds that they don't have an authorisation number. A flurry of emails later, and there is a stalemate.

Here is the email they sent him:
    >>>>>
    �Dear Customer Your order has been updated to the following status.
    New status: On Hold
    Please can you follow the security check step below:
    Security check request:
    Please provide the transaction authorisation code. (TAC CODE)
    It is usually a 5 or 6 digit code assigned to this transaction.
    If you call your bank/card issuer they can confirm it.
    Your order will then be ready to be dispatched.
    Kindest Regards
    Unlocked Mobiles�
    <<<<<<<<

When my colleague rang his credit card issuer, they said they had "no idea what they mean".

So, my question on his behalf: has anyone else had this experience? Is anyone aware of how this might be resolvable? Is this typical of UM?

These events have certainly given me pause about UM...
    Thanks.
    If you look closely at a thread. There is a guy who said not to buy from unlocked mobiles
    11-22-16 03:22 PM
    Hi all,

My colleague ordered a DTEK60 from Unlocked-Mobiles last week on the strength of the experience reported here. But, his experience has not been so good.

UM charged his credit card but have withheld shipping on the grounds that they don't have an authorisation number. A flurry of emails later, and there is a stalemate.

Here is the email they sent him:
    >>>>>
    “Dear Customer Your order has been updated to the following status.
    New status: On Hold
    Please can you follow the security check step below:
    Security check request:
    Please provide the transaction authorisation code. (TAC CODE)
    It is usually a 5 or 6 digit code assigned to this transaction.
    If you call your bank/card issuer they can confirm it.
    Your order will then be ready to be dispatched.
    Kindest Regards
    Unlocked Mobiles”
    <<<<<<<<

When my colleague rang his credit card issuer, they said they had "no idea what they mean".

So, my question on his behalf: has anyone else had this experience? Is anyone aware of how this might be resolvable? Is this typical of UM?

These events have certainly given me pause about UM...
    Thanks.
    Dr Joe, your friend needs to phone them - has he already? Can he get his credit card company to cancel the payment?
    11-22-16 04:00 PM
    Clove doesn't seem to have the same complaints. But I can understand if the friend is a bit leery.

Now to get the actual refund!

11-22-16 05:46 PM
    I'm in Sydney and ordered from Unlocked Mobiles. I had the same issues with them but after calling my bank st george, they provided me with the authorisation number. I emailed UM with the number and they then sent me the device. They are a little slow and cumbersome with information , but in the end I got the device 3 days after they shipped and all is good. I suggest you ask your friend to call their bank and ask again for the number. All the number basically is is a 6 or so digit number that shows up on UM's bank statement. They just want to verify it's you as they must get a lot of orders everyday.
    11-22-16 08:41 PM
    Got my Priv from Expansys.

Had good communication, even after receiving the device. Believe they come out of Hong Kong stock.
    11-24-16 03:59 AM
    How much did you pay for it. And how much was postage?

11-24-16 04:11 AM
    I bought mine from Shop Blackberry, cost around AU$740 and about US$20 to ship. I have a US company in New York and a bank account there so it's easy for me to do it that way. I just get it shipped to a friends house and she posts it to me. Did this with my Clasic as well, although I also go an AT&T sim card for that phone as well. Great for when I travel, which is always.
    01-04-17 07:26 AM
38 12