OK, if you'd prefer to believe the lack of general interest in the DTEK60 is part of some embargo, or a more general anti-BB conspiracy, that's fine.

I'll leave you there I think.
    My friend, Android Central, Android Authority and the like have done detailed and thorough reviews on the blackberry Priv and the DTEK50. You can rest assured that many reviews will come out at the same time from many tech sites on the day they are allowed to do it. I know what I'm talking about, it's always like that, the most recent example was the Google Pixel.

The DTEK60 was released days ago it's more than normal that you don't have reviews just after the release day since:
    - there's normally and embargo from the manufacturer
    - the reviewer didn't have time enough to test it properly.

This is my opinion based on my experience.

Cheers
    10-29-16 10:59 AM
    Just as I though, there�s an embargo underway. That�s a crappy hands-on, Techradar does that all the time, it�s not a proper and detailed review (notice that they dont have the stars so, they can't rate it yet). TechRadar is getting more of a clickbait site every day that passes.
    Embargo?
    For the 400K phone they sold?
    Lol
    10-29-16 11:43 AM
    Good review by Blaize on Crackberry. It's an excellent phone and good value.
    10-29-16 11:44 AM
    Good review by Blaize on Crackberry. It's an excellent phone and good value.
    Very nice review indeed. Thanks!
    10-31-16 08:42 AM
    now on mobilehonesdirect.co.uk with lots of contract deals
    https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk...y-dtek60-black
    BLu likes this.
    10-31-16 10:16 AM
    Just got ur message kev, I've already ordered the Dtek50 last night, of CPW ( beer involved ) I see they still haven't arranged their upgrade deals yet on mobile phones direct.
    so crow likes this.
    10-31-16 01:04 PM
    I still can't see the phone on CPW's website, weird.
    10-31-16 02:42 PM
    They only have the Dtek50. Hopefully the 60 will be on at a later date. When I phoned yesterday they new nothing about the 60. The smartphonecompany uk also has the dtek60 but no upgrades yet.
    10-31-16 03:53 PM
    They only have the Dtek50. Hopefully the 60 will be on at a later date. When I phoned yesterday they new nothing about the 60. The smartphonecompany uk also has the dtek60 but no upgrades yet.
    Yes, so both mobilephonesdirect & smartphonecompany appear to have the exact same contract deals but no upgrade deals - as the upgrade eligibility date is so close to the contract renewal, it almost makes sense to let the contract lapse and take up one of the many new contract with free phone deals....I'm waiting on clarity from mpd re upgrades before I go for my DTEK60 under an upgrade contract or new contract.
    11-01-16 06:59 AM
    Yes, so both mobilephonesdirect & smartphonecompany appear to have the exact same contract deals but no upgrade deals - as the upgrade eligibility date is so close to the contract renewal, it almost makes sense to let the contract lapse and take up one of the many new contract with free phone deals....I'm waiting on clarity from mpd re upgrades before I go for my DTEK60 under an upgrade contract or new contract.
    I have now spoken at length to mobilephonesdirect - they are in the process of building the deals so that they can come back to me with a quote. if it's cheaper to start a new contract then they'll offer me that instead.
    11-02-16 05:43 AM
    update on the upgrade situation - mobilephonesdirect are now offering me a great deal to upgrade with my provider EE, on Saturday, my upgrade date, so it's all happening
    11-02-16 09:30 AM
    Happy days kev . Hope it goes well for you. The 50 is a great phone so I'm sure you will enjoy it. I might check out the site later this week :-)
    11-02-16 01:15 PM
    Happy days kev . Hope it goes well for you. The 50 is a great phone so I'm sure you will enjoy it. I might check out the site later this week :-)
    Yes falbo, definitely looking forward to moving on from my passport and onto more apps and great android & blackberry features

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 05:13 PM
    Did anyone of you guys based out of the UK receive November's security update to DTEK60?
    11-09-16 02:27 PM
    Did anyone of you guys based out of the UK receive November's security update to DTEK60?
    I haven't received anything at the moment. Only got it in my Priv
    11-09-16 02:58 PM
    I haven't received anything at the moment. Only got it in my Priv
    Thanks a lot for quick response.
    11-09-16 03:06 PM
    I'm waiting to try it out in a store.. very few of them have it in stock unfortunately..

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 12:10 PM
    update on the upgrade situation - mobilephonesdirect are now offering me a great deal to upgrade with my provider EE, on Saturday, my upgrade date, so it's all happening
    Nice, congrats!
    01-25-17 09:33 PM
    Still not been able to find any in store.. anyone know which UK retailers have them on the shop floor?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 09:19 AM
    Still not been able to find any in store.. anyone know which UK retailers have them on the shop floor?
    Not that i can find,all seems to be online just like the dtek50

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 10:19 AM
    Carphone Warehouse concession in Selfridges Oxford Street store (Central London) has all three BlackBerry Android phones available to try out on a special BlackBerry display stand.
    I was there yesterday & all were connected to the Internet - 2 of each model.
    The sales guy I spoke to even knew about the Mercury "coming in March ".

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 10:58 AM
    Thanks, I might go and check them out!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-17 02:47 AM
72 123