Hi all, every time i try and move Photos etc from my internal memory to SD card it asks me to grant permission to operate the SD card.... the 'how to' pitures show a screen i can't find..... how can i create permissions to the SD card please ? Or is there another way as i need to free up some internal space ?
    09-06-17 05:47 AM
    Hi Paul, it may be the way you have the SD card set up? If you are using it to provide memory to run the phone, it will not accept images/files etc. Also, the size of your SD card will determine what it can be used for too. Can you provide anymore detail? :-))
    09-06-17 07:08 AM
    Hi Martyn, It is set up as portable storage NOT extra internal memory and the SD card is a 128 GB with lots of room ? The recent photos / videos are saving on the SD card but i just can't seem to transfer the old ones using the phone ?
    09-06-17 07:21 AM
    Hi all, every time i try and move Photos etc from my internal memory to SD card it asks me to grant permission to operate the SD card.... the 'how to' pitures show a screen i can't find..... how can i create permissions to the SD card please ? Or is there another way as i need to free up some internal space ?
    Do you have a file manager installed? If so, you may have to give it permission to do that operation. If you don't have a file manager, go to the Google Play store and download one. Solid Explorer is excellent and Asus also.
    09-06-17 07:23 AM
    I have a file manager installed, ASUS
    09-06-17 07:28 AM
    In fact i am viewing through the file manager, i go to internal drive select a file 'downloads' in this case high light it and tick it ten - top right - 'move to' micro SD and then it says Permission to operate SD card - i say ok BUT it says i must perorm certain steps to grane SD card access rights ?
    09-06-17 07:33 AM
    In fact i am viewing through the file manager, i go to internal drive select a file 'downloads' in this case high light it and tick it ten - top right - 'move to' micro SD and then it says Permission to operate SD card - i say ok BUT it says i must perorm certain steps to grane SD card access rights ?
    Go to system settings, apps, ASUS and check which permissions are granted. Check them all if necessary. Your file manager needs access to pretty much everything on the Kosher to operate properly.
    09-06-17 09:15 AM
    Go to system settings, apps, ASUS and check which permissions are granted. Check them all if necessary. Your file manager needs access to pretty much everything on the Kosher to operate properly.
    To be clear my system settings does not show ASUS as an app only File Manager which has permissions contacts and storgae on, they are the only 2 available ?
    09-06-17 09:35 AM
    It seems the file manager needs to be able to 'request access to operate SD card' some how ?
    09-06-17 09:38 AM
    Probably need someone who has a DTEK60 and Asus file manager to chime in
    09-06-17 09:46 AM
    Wait! Do you have your SD card configured as internal / adoptable storage?
    09-06-17 09:48 AM
    No, it is external storage / portable storage
    09-06-17 10:40 AM
    09-06-17 10:41 AM
    To be clear my system settings does not show ASUS as an app only File Manager which has permissions contacts and storgae on, they are the only 2 available ?
    Paul, the system shows Asus File Manager as File Manager only, but it's the same app

As far as your problems go, I have no idea why it's happening, as you should be prompted automatically to grant permissions whenever they're needed

Try a workaround, upload the files you want to transfer to the SD card to a cloud storage and then download them to the SD card

I'm also assuming you've already tried to move the files using the option inside the Asus File Manager app
    09-06-17 11:01 AM
    cheers
    09-12-17 03:53 AM
    I use: Files To SD Card
    09-25-17 04:22 AM
    Transferring files on the DTEK60 is a hellish nightmare. Either it doesn't recognize the card, or it asks you to reformat the card, or it simply won't allow you to save anything nor transfer anything to the card.
    09-25-17 03:20 PM