Now that BlackBerry Mobile has taken over support for the DTEK60, I went to their DTEK60 Support Page to see if they had anything to say about Android OS upgrades, since that has been a lively topic of discussion.

On the page, I found the following:
    1) User Guide
    2) Link for "Apps" support for BlackBerry Android apps
    3) Link for "Content transfer" support
    4) Link for "Mobile Upgrade" which says "Coming Soon..."

DTEK60 "Mobile Upgrade" has a "Coming Soon"Link on BlackBerry Mobile Support Site-dtek60-support.png
    ErnieH likes this.
    08-22-17 07:44 AM
    08-22-17 07:49 AM
    If it helps, it's the same for the KeyOne...

BlackBerry KEYone - Official website - Support - KEYone
    And the DTEK50.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-22-17 08:09 AM
    Promising!!! :-)
    08-22-17 08:12 AM
    This should be fun.
    08-22-17 08:56 AM
    waiting with baited breath!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-22-17 09:23 AM
    Right out of the old BlackBerry playbook (pun not intended).

COMING SOON (TM)
    00stryder, aNGERY and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-22-17 09:58 AM
    Right out of the old BlackBerry playbook (pun not intended).

COMING SOON (TM)
    Sure, but there is a difference. By all accounts, BlackBerry fully intended to bring BB10 to the PlayBook, but they promised that before they had finished BB10, and it turned out that BB10 ran like krap on the PlayBook with its hardware limitations.

In the case of Android O on the KEYone, they know with certainty that the hardware is not an obstacle. There's nothing wrong with being skeptical, but I would bet money that they will deliver the upgrade, based on their official statement.

That said, the timeline is an open question. Unless I hear otherwise, I'd expect Oreo in the Spring of 2018, six months after it's released by Google.

Of course, despite the fact that they didn't offer a target date, a few dozen posters will invariably accuse them of being "late" by comparison with Google or other Android manufacturers. But that's on them, IMO, because it's what they should expect until BlackBerry demonstrates it will release updates sooner.

08-22-17 11:03 AM
    Now that BlackBerry Mobile has taken over support for the DTEK60, I went to their DTEK60 Support Page to see if they had anything to say about Android OS upgrades, since that has been a lively topic of discussion.

On the page, I found the following:
    1) User Guide
    2) Link for "Apps" support for BlackBerry Android apps
    3) Link for "Content transfer" support
    4) Link for "Mobile Upgrade" which says "Coming Soon..."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DTEK60 Support.PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	428951
    Ha Ha Ha, probably an offer of a few quid for your old Blackberry in part exchange if you 'upgrade' to a Keyone!!!
    aNGERY likes this.
    08-22-17 02:42 PM
    Coming Soon, Christmas.......
    for sure unless I don't........

Blackout.....lol

Hopefully they are talking about going straight to Oreo ...MacFlurry before winter...
    08-22-17 03:58 PM
    I wish alle the users of Dtek 50 and 60 and Priv to receive asap the expected updaes. But in the meantime I would not bet money on new updates from BlackBerry. This brand is a champion on providing expectations, but a disaster on delivery facts!!

Posted via CB10
    Couver81 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-22-17 04:40 PM
    I wish alle the users of Dtek 50 and 60 and Priv to receive asap the expected updaes. But in the meantime I would not bet money on new updates from BlackBerry. This brand is a champion on providing expectations, but a disaster on delivery facts!!

Posted via CB10
    I've been running the August patch level on my Priv and DTEK50 for some time.
    08-22-17 04:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    In this case, it's the customers who created the expectations by making assumptions they would receive Android version upgrades that were never mentioned by BlackBerry. Then, they blame BlackBerry for not delivering something that was never promised.

It's like ordering a meal in a restaurant and complaining when the restaurant doesn't serve you additional dishes for free, then posting on social media that it's a bad restaurant. ROFL

skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-22-17 04:45 PM
    In this case, it's the customers who created the expectations by making assumptions they would receive Android version upgrades that were never mentioned by BlackBerry. Then, they blame BlackBerry for not delivering something that was never promised.

It's like ordering a meal in a restaurant and complaining when the restaurant doesn't serve you additional dishes for free, then posting on social media that it's a bad restaurant. ROFL

I for one would like a side of July and August security update, on that extra plate please.
    08-22-17 05:03 PM
    I for one would like a side of July and August security update, on that extra plate please.
    That IS included, so that is not an inappropriate expectation. It might be a bit late, but you have every right to expect it!

08-22-17 05:10 PM
    I've been running the August patch level on my Priv and DTEK50 for some time.
    And yet us DTEK60 owners...
    08-22-17 07:32 PM
    And yet us DTEK60 owners...
    We get squat. I suggest, instead of wasting time and energy hoping BlackBerry does something for D60 users, research another flagship device. Two choices honestly if you want more than one OS update and security patches: iPhone or the Pixel.
    The more I wonder why I haven't heard anything from BlackBerry the more I realise it reminds me of a teenage boy wondering why the ex hasn't returned his messages: it's over.
    08-22-17 08:15 PM
    We get squat. I suggest, instead of wasting time and energy hoping BlackBerry does something for D60 users, research another flagship device. Two choices honestly if you want more than one OS update and security patches: iPhone or the Pixel.
    The more I wonder why I haven't heard anything from BlackBerry the more I realise it reminds me of a teenage boy wondering why the ex hasn't returned his messages: it's over.
    Yeah I'm seeing the light too. My DTEK60 is less than a year old so no rush to upgrade now but I'll probably go with straight Google next time. Just don't vibe well with iOS.
    08-22-17 08:24 PM
    Post removed by author for being seriously OT!
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 08-22-17 at 09:05 PM.
    08-22-17 08:49 PM
    ...are getting exactly what you agreed to!

I'm not saying you have to be satisfied, but acting like you've somehow been defrauded is just silly.

Read the software license terms you signed the first time you used the phone (which was likely during the return window). It said that all software updates were at Blackberry's discretion.

That's a legally binding agreement that you signed. So your only defense is that you don't take your agreements seriously.

How ironic then that you are accusing BlackBerry of not honoring its agreements, when you signed off on the terms yourself.

You're entitled to any expectations you wish and feelings you have, but stop trying to justify them as rational.

I too hope the DTEKS get upgraded, but DTEK owners are not somehow magically entitled to those upgrades. It is, as the license terms make clear at BlackBerry's sole discretion.

Uh... wut?

I'm not complaining of being defrauded at all, I was merely commenting on the fact that the Priv and DTEK50 have both gotten the August Security patch while the DTEK60 is still waiting. You definitely were seeing more in my comment than what was intended.
    08-22-17 09:01 PM
    Uh... wut?

I'm not complaining of being defrauded at all, I was merely commenting on the fact that the Priv and DTEK50 have both gotten the August Security patch while the DTEK60 is still waiting. You definitely were seeing more in my comment than what was intended.
    Ack! I am very, very sorry. I am deleting my entire post now. Feel free to do the same if you like!

08-22-17 09:03 PM
    Ack! I am very, very sorry. I am deleting my entire post now. Feel free to do the same if you like!

No worries
    08-22-17 09:05 PM
    08-22-17 09:06 PM
    I'm sick of people acting like blackberry operates in a vacuum. they have to compete against other vendors. every other Vendor updates the OS in a more timely fashion than BlackBerry. no one has a phone with the specs of the DTEK60 running Android 6.0.

I don't care what a software Agreement says. I care what I'm being offered and what other competition offers for the same price. I, like most consumers, will evaluate what's available and pick the best deal. and in my opinion, the best deal does not include getting left behind with os updates or security patches.

BlackBerry either needs to compete or get left behind. I was hoping this new rebirth of BlackBerry with Android would be an opportunity to start fresh but the way they have handled the DTEKs is a joke.
    08-22-17 09:48 PM

This is what I'm talking about. The customer expects this because that is what the market has been offering. Every other Vendor provides upgrades and every other device running the snapdragon 820 has android N.
    08-22-17 09:50 PM
62 123