I am curious about this as I'm a Passport and Priv user now and deciding to go with the DTEK60 and Passport SE or wait for the Mercury. But is the DTEK60 keys bigger like on an iPhone + or is it about the same? Thanks!
    01-04-17 02:40 PM
    Well, the DTEK60 has a virtual keyboard. The Priv has a physical keyboard. Kinda depends on what you want.
    LoveMyLBZ and xandros9 like this.
    01-04-17 02:53 PM
    Priv has both...
    01-04-17 03:46 PM
    Lol - sorry... I am a Passport user so the Priv PKB is so bad to me I don't even think of it anymore. (Always stays slid down).
    01-04-17 08:44 PM
    In my time with the Priv I didn't use the physical keyboard very often. So if you compare only virtual keyboards, I think it is easier to type on the DTEK60 between the bigger screen and the grippier glass back versus the back of the Priv.
    01-04-17 09:38 PM
    Excellent. That's what I had hoped. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 01:08 PM
    The Priv pkb was so bad that I used it only occasionally. Realizing that, I switched to the DTEK60.

For me, I love and need a pkb, but only if that pkb is really good. Usable key size. Comfortable to use. Otherwise, there is no point to a pkb. That seems so obvious, yet BlackBerry didn't deliver.

Moreover if the pkb of the Mercury has keys similar in size to those of the Priv, then it too will be nearly worthless. Again, it's pretty straight forward... you would think.
    01-05-17 01:43 PM
    The Priv pkb was so bad that I used it only occasionally. Realizing that, I switched to the DTEK60.

For me, I love and need a pkb, but only if that pkb is really good. Usable key size. Comfortable to use. Otherwise, there is no point to a pkb. That seems so obvious, yet BlackBerry didn't deliver.

Moreover if the pkb of the Mercury has keys similar in size to those of the Priv, then it too will be nearly worthless. Again, it's pretty straight forward... you would think.
    I agree with this 100%. I'm guessing the keys will be bigger, as a usable PKB will be all the more important on a PKB only device. We shall see..

But as for VKB, DTEK60 is far and away a better experience.
    01-05-17 08:52 PM
    I agree with this 100%. I'm guessing the keys will be bigger, as a usable PKB will be all the more important on a PKB only device. We shall see..

But as for VKB, DTEK60 is far and away a better experience.
    Second that. Although the Priv did feel crammed compared to its predecessor's keyboards, its size wasn't my main concern. For me it was the actual feedback of the keys. They felt extremely mushy and even after that extensive blackberry keyboard break-in time, it still lacked that nice clicky feedback that other devices had. Passport and Q10/Classic were phenomenal.
    01-06-17 05:33 PM
    Coming from a Passport SE, I felt the same way about the Priv keyboard feeling inferior. The Passport SE and / or the Classic keyboard can easily spoil anyone. They're both that good. But just like anything else, you start to use it more and more and you get used to it. I now have the hang of the physical keyboard on my Priv and it's actually a pleasure to use. To the people that complain about the keyboard (and the front facing cam for that matter) it is a slider after all, that's probably about the best they can do. You knew the job was dangerous when you took it buying a slider, live with it.
    01-09-17 10:21 AM
    Had BB's for years ending up with my much loved Q10, on which the keyboard was excellent.

"Upgraded" to the PRIV due to Suckerhead pulling support for whatsapp and could not get on with PRIV keyboard. As others have said, keys a bit too small and feedback not good so frustrating to use when coupled with device feeling cumbersome. As others have said, a lot of the time you would end up using the virtual keyboard and not bothering to slide out the PKB. Pull out looked good to me on paper but the whole thing just didn't work for me so I sent it back.

Now have DTK60. A good device, much better than the PRIV. Still miss my Q10 and the PKB but getting there slowly. Android good for apps but a bit clunky for me so far.
    01-09-17 04:45 PM
    Priv has both...
    Although the PKB is utter crap.
    01-16-17 01:54 AM
    Bull****
    01-16-17 02:10 AM
    The VKB on PRIV is crap too because the whole thing is so wobbly because of the sliding PKB.
    02-07-17 12:39 AM
    If you are comparing the physical keyboard against the software one then it's apple and orange comparison unless it comes to personal preference as Bla1ze said. And if you compare the software keyboard only, then it's same apparently

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 05:01 AM
    I found the VKB on both similar. Both excellent.
    02-07-17 07:53 AM
    Lol - sorry... I am a Passport user so the Priv PKB is so bad to me I don't even think of it anymore. (Always stays slid down).
    The priv keyboard is probably one of the worse BlackBerry pkb
    02-07-17 04:37 PM
    Well not having another pkb experience to compare to, I happen to like the one on the priv
    02-07-17 07:19 PM