10-27-16 11:08 PM
    The DTEK60 has lot to offer for the price.

DTEK60 beat these I phone and pixel on the price quality ratio, and beat the oneplus 3, axon 7, etc on security and customer services.

DTEK60 is THE deal
    RobertP1 and Randal Yandal like this.
    10-27-16 11:24 PM
    Nice read and thanks for sharing.
    10-28-16 05:56 AM
    On paper the device might look good against the 2 other phones. Price is certainly the winner.

The camera wont even come close to the Pixel or iphone though I am certain of that.

Processing performance will be a mini step behind the pixel and probably not even noticeable in real life probably. Pixel will have probably much better battery life though.

beyond those couple of points its fairly even hardware wise vs the pixel
    10-28-16 06:13 AM
    On paper the device might look good against the 2 other phones. Price is certainly the winner.

The camera wont even come close to the Pixel or iphone though I am certain of that.

Processing performance will be a mini step behind the pixel and probably not even noticeable in real life probably. Pixel will have probably much better battery life though.

beyond those couple of points its fairly even hardware wise vs the pixel
    Just to be clear, are making an assumption on the cameras, or have you tried them both?
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-28-16 06:38 AM
    i assuming on the cameras. the pixel is marketed as the best smartphone camera out there and the iphones are always top notch. No OIS on the dtek60 either as far as know and a recycled sensor package. Dtek camera should be good but its not going to outdue the other 2
    10-28-16 06:51 AM
    Just to be clear, are making an assumption on the cameras, or have you tried them both?
    Lol. And what is your assumption? Mine is that BlackBerry can never be as good as any one else in any field.
    But for some reason, I keep on coming back to passport se. Gave try to some so called the "best phones" which includes the Apple and the android OS.
    Now apple and others have some special cameras, TCL/bb can never ever touch the camera technology of every one else.
    Typing this, I know that I just wasted my 2 mins.
    And probably get banned for this. LoL
    Have a dtek60 on order. Will have my own experience to see if that phone is good for me.
    Cheers.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    La Emperor likes this.
    10-28-16 07:12 AM
    The DTEK60 cameras are both excellent (first-hand, in-hand experience here.)

As for the rest, well.... here's my review of it thus far (yes, this is my writing) https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231593
    10-28-16 08:00 AM
    I think pricing and security are two major factors that do more than enough to justly place the DTEK 60 at an advantage over the Pixel and in iPhone

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    10-28-16 08:52 AM
    I'm not sure why they keep touting the pixels as that isn't even that important.

If you look at what people test on the cameras, it's low light, auto focus speed, and IS on video.

So the aperature, AF system, ois are pretty key as is the post processing.

I read somewhere the Priv's AF is somehow faster than the G5 and iPhone which I find very odd, maybe someone can clarify.

The sensor they use and the software post processing are the two key factors that BlackBerry has never really done well and I doubt TCL would have either.

This discussion is kind of moot and also funny...

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    10-28-16 09:19 AM
    On the DTEK60:

Autofocus is excellent. There is a switch in the settings as to whether you wish to wait for lock before the shutter releases; if you have that off and do not tap the screen the risk of an out-of-focus shot increases (but so does the shutter release speed -- by a huge amount!) Tap-to-focus is what I usually do anyway, as I also set metering that way, and it's roughly as fast as my Priv in that regard (I cannot tell the difference.)

Lowlight performance is very good; it is MUCH better on the selfie cam than the Priv (which we all know has a crap front camera.)

I'm a fairly harsh critic when it comes to cameras in phones and I'm not disappointed at all. I'll post the images in the picture thread.
    10-28-16 10:24 AM
    On the DTEK60:

Autofocus is excellent. There is a switch in the settings as to whether you wish to wait for lock before the shutter releases; if you have that off and do not tap the screen the risk of an out-of-focus shot increases (but so does the shutter release speed -- by a huge amount!) Tap-to-focus is what I usually do anyway, as I also set metering that way, and it's roughly as fast as my Priv in that regard (I cannot tell the difference.)

Lowlight performance is very good; it is MUCH better on the selfie cam than the Priv (which we all know has a crap front camera.)

I'm a fairly harsh critic when it comes to cameras in phones and I'm not disappointed at all. I'll post the images in the picture thread.
    OK, thanks very much for the comments! I have had the Z30, Passport SE, and Priv.

The Priv has a great 18MP camera with Schneider-Kreuznach lens, so was curious to see how the DTEK60 cameras (front and back) would perform. Would be great to see sample pics!
    10-28-16 11:31 AM
    They're in the picture thread. I'll post some more when I take a few more..
    10-28-16 11:36 AM
    Take flash shots because mine was did not perform well when taking with flash.
    ISO level stayed very high under flash and auto mode.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 11:40 AM
    Lol. And what is your assumption? Mine is that BlackBerry can never be as good as any one else in any field.
    But for some reason, I keep on coming back to passport se. Gave try to some so called the "best phones" which includes the Apple and the android OS.
    Now apple and others have some special cameras, TCL/bb can never ever touch the camera technology of every one else.
    Typing this, I know that I just wasted my 2 mins.
    And probably get banned for this. LoL
    Have a dtek60 on order. Will have my own experience to see if that phone is good for me.
    Cheers.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    I agree that BlackBerry usually never has as top notch cameras as others, but I just wanted to know if he had actually tried them.

I have the dtek60 but haven't had time to play around with it yet.

The camera does seem speedy and pretty good

I miss the preview feature of the bb10 os, where you just slide the thumbnail to see the whole photo and then share or delete it too

The slo mo on the priv is cool and actually looka really good.

I guess one way to turkey test cams is to take identical shots, then have them printed at a photo lab

At the end of the day, all cameras do well outside, it's the indoor shots, and the speed of shutter and how well it focuses

I don't think your post is any reason to get banned or deleted, it's your opinion
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-28-16 02:42 PM
    DTEK60 is better then the iphone 7 plus 128 GB or Pixel Plus in many ways, ofcourse you don get a lighting cable or jack. The Battery is also better on the DTEK60 than the iPhone 7 plus. The Camera of the DTEK60 is very sharp but sometimes blurry and easily match both devices and is better then on the iphone in my opinion, but the pixel also has a great camera. DTEK60 also get Android 7 in a few months and if you like to pay 500 euro more for Android 7.1 on your device go for it and the same goes for a Apple brand on the back with not great hardware fantasy names.

The best thing after I was not happy with the price of the DTEK60 is that it's almost the half of the price of these two devices. How is that possible, O maybe because the wanted 4 times more profit than a TV LED brand or just a Tablet from the same brand that only missing a simcard holder for your mobile network that is lesser then a dollar.

I think better spend your money on a 1 dollar for an Apple or a pixel pac-men game and buy the DTEK60 and keep some big money left in your pocket.
    Last edited by whatsever; 10-28-16 at 05:31 PM.
    10-28-16 05:20 PM
    DTEK60 is better then the iphone 7 plus 128 GB or Pixel Plus in many ways, ofcourse you don get a lighting cable or jack. The Battery is also better on the DTEK60 than both phones. The Camera of the DTEK60 is very sharp but sometimes blurry and easily match both devices and is better then on the iphone in my opinion, but the pixel also has a great camera. DTEK60 also get Android 7 in a few months and if you like to pay 500 euro more for Android 7.1 on your device go for it and the same goes for a Apple brand on the back with not great hardware fantasy names.

The best thing after I was not happy with the price of the DTEK60 is that it's almost the half of the price of these two devices. How is that possible, O maybe because the wanted 4 times more profit than a TV LED brand or just a Tablet from the same brand that only missing a simcard holder for your mobile network that is lesser then a dollar.

I think better spend your money on a 1 dollar for an Apple or a pixel pac-men game and buy the DTEK60 and keep some big money left in your pocket.
    There is no way the battery in the dtek is going to be better than the pixel XL. The XL has a battery that is 15% larger than the dtek.
    giper54 likes this.
    10-28-16 05:26 PM
    Your right , the battery is bigger in the XL and Android 7.1 is lesses consuming at that point.
    10-28-16 05:30 PM
    The DTEK60 has lot to offer for the price.

DTEK60 beat these I phone and pixel on the price quality ratio, and beat the oneplus 3, axon 7, etc on security and customer services.

DTEK60 is THE deal
    Customer Service is a biggie... Where do you take your Axon & if you have a problem?
    10-29-16 07:37 AM
    If you want the fastest and most reliable phone, get the iphone. Fastest processor, fastest memory and OS optimization.

Get the Pixel if you really want stock Android and faster updates, otherwise get an S7 that's superior in almost every way

Get the Dtek60 if you want security, and a better "Bang for the Buck"

To me the best choice is to have a deal on a 7 month old Galaxy S7, I'm sure you can get those at a good price, and if your country has the Exynos Processor S7, then you have the most powerfull Android in the market with top camera, and fast memory too.
    10-29-16 11:39 AM
    SD card, SD card, SD card.
    10-29-16 11:52 AM
    The DTEK60 cameras are both excellent (first-hand, in-hand experience here.)

As for the rest, well.... here's my review of it thus far (yes, this is my writing) https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=231593
    Thanks for the review. How do you find the speakers to be for speaker phone. Are they loud like the Z30/Passport SE? How is the clarity with speaker phone?
    10-29-16 12:26 PM
    The speaker clarity is excellent; it is louder than the Priv (materially so) but not as loud as the Passport. The Passport was a beast when it came to speakerphone use; you could easily use it in a small conference room.
    10-29-16 04:35 PM
    If you want the fastest and most reliable phone, get the iphone. Fastest processor, fastest memory and OS optimization.

Get the Pixel if you really want stock Android and faster updates, otherwise get an S7 that's superior in almost every way

Get the Dtek60 if you want security, and a better "Bang for the Buck"

To me the best choice is to have a deal on a 7 month old Galaxy S7, I'm sure you can get those at a good price, and if your country has the Exynos Processor S7, then you have the most powerfull Android in the market with top camera, and fast memory too.
    There you go again ...saying DTEK60 is a poor cousin.

DTEK60 is equal in specs to S7, Pixel XL and iPhone 7 plus. For a lot less money!
    It's beyond value for your money. It's just being smart.
    DTEK60 is stock Android with BlackBerry Productivity Suite and best VKB and monthly security updates. It's also thinner than all those phones.
    Only thing missing is water resistance. Only other advantage I give Apple is customer care but we could argue that based on complaints of iPhone 6 and 6s.
    S7 and Pixel has a great camera but DTEK60 has not been long enough to compare yet.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 10-29-16 at 05:20 PM.
    10-29-16 05:10 PM
    After playing with a Pixel and a iPhone 7plus today. I honestly think DTEK60 is superior then you add in cost difference and there is no comparison. My opinion...

I know the guys at Rogers sure loved the DTEK60 when I showed them today.
    RobertP1 and brian4591 like this.
    10-29-16 05:16 PM
43 12