Ya but you have unlimited picture backups via Google photos with the pixel. Pictures easily take up the most space. I'd be impressed to find someone who can fill 128 gb of storage simply on music or apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's a nice value added feature for the Pixel, for sure. Some people don't want all their photos up on the cloud though, so having the option of Micro SD is a selling point, imho. Just buy a premium micro sd, not a cheapo one. AND, backup locally regularly if you're worried about it failing.
    10-06-16 05:24 PM
    You keep saying "much bigger battery". But from what i can see dtek has 3000mah and pixel xl has 3450mah.

Its pretty hypocritical to bash people on here for not being accurate while at the same time spreading misinformation yourself.

Does the Pixel XL have a bigger battery? Yes, but its a very slight increase. Stop spreading misinformation its NOT " much bigger".

wow, 3450 mah, that's a huge battery! I think the iPhone 7 plus is smaller than 3000
    10-06-16 05:27 PM
    It's a chunky phone so I would hope it has a big battery.
    Compare phone thicknesses.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-06-16 05:33 PM
    Ya but you have unlimited picture backups via Google photos with the pixel. Pictures easily take up the most space. I'd be impressed to find someone who can fill 128 gb of storage simply on music or apps

Ya have fun backing up your personal photos with google, i'll pass on that one...

ardakca likes this.
    10-06-16 06:10 PM

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Honestly its just the hardware design that makes it look so fat. Just bad bad hardware design. Like a htc aluminum rehash of their facebook phone from like 2013.

10-06-16 06:12 PM
    Would you guys consider getting pixel if pixel is same price as DTEK60? I know DTEK60 will be 2/3 cheaper but pixel seems to be bit overpriced. Pixel should be $499 at most IMO.
    10-06-16 09:41 PM
    Would you guys consider getting pixel if pixel is same price as DTEK60? I know DTEK60 will be 2/3 cheaper but pixel seems to be bit overpriced. Pixel should be $499 at most IMO.
    Personally, no. Price isn't the issue for me. I think it's a run of the mill slab, with run of the mill specs beyond the camera. And even then, the whole camera thing is ridiculous, imho. Most smartphones these days are fine for pics, imho.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-06-16 10:30 PM

I think any Android phone with the Google Photos app can store unlimited pictures in the cloud as long as they are 16 MP or less.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 11:47 PM
    The pixel XL has the newest processor, much bigger battery and will have nougat from the start while its probably months away for BB yet. You will have to pay more for it but I think it will be worth it as long as its not terribly expensive.
    I'm not sure having nougat for a couple months earlier is worth a couple hundred dollars. Also they have the same processor and pixel lacks a sd card slot, stereo speakers and honestly imo it's an ugly looking phone.

Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-06-16 11:56 PM
    But it's not the same price so what's the point this hypothetic scenario?

JLOforshort likes this.
    10-06-16 11:58 PM
    Dtek60 . No sd card on the pixel and I just don't like it. Honestly speaking, blackberry android has more usable features than pixel does.

Go for that. Priv user here so speaking from experience.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    10-07-16 12:50 AM
    But it's not the same price so what's the point this hypothetic scenario?

Which phone is more superior, if money is not an issue? That's my question.
    10-07-16 01:16 PM
    Which phone is more superior, if money is not an issue? That's my question.
    Difficult to give an absolute answer
    Both have their pros and cons
    Depends totally what you are looking for
    If the BlackBerry add ons don't matter to you (the security, the keyboard, DTEK app, productivity edge) pixel is probably a better pick.
    The pixel does have a slightly better processor although I am not sure how much of a difference it will make in day to day life.
    Although the pixel looks like a straight rip off of the iPhone 7. Even the antenna lines!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-07-16 01:56 PM
    IF you don't see value in the DTEK side of things (immediate patches and security improvements) why not buy the OnePlus3 at half the price of the Pixel?

I don't get that one at all; you still lose the SD slot and for both you get an unlocked loader (if you buy the Pixel direct), but with the Pixel you're paying for almost-literally TWO OnePlus 3s with very little add-on to show for the money.
    krazyatom and blackmass like this.
    10-07-16 02:42 PM
    IF you don't see value in the DTEK side of things (immediate patches and security improvements) why not buy the OnePlus3 at half the price of the Pixel?

I don't get that one at all; you still lose the SD slot and for both you get an unlocked loader (if you buy the Pixel direct), but with the Pixel you're paying for almost-literally TWO OnePlus 3s with very little add-on to show for the money.
    Exactly my style of reasoning
    With the dtek60 u get security updates, bb hardened processors & Android. It has value for money, in two year's time u cud hav milked it out fully.
    U dont get sdcard with pixel, u get updates & stock Android.

Do u run apps that use ONLY the latest version of Android/ do any such apps even exist ?

If the answer to the above is 'no', wots the point in investing two times the money of Oneplus 3 in a pixel, if all your apps will still run on Android M/ N two years from now - when you'll b ready for an upgrade.
    Last edited by blackmass; 10-07-16 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Try
    10-07-16 03:24 PM
    I'm not sure who the pixel is meant for. I like Google assistant and it's functions on marshmallow are great. It will only get better on nougat. Maybe to lure iphoners over to android by trying to stress the simplicity? Dtek50 is great dtek60 will be perfect.
    10-08-16 07:14 PM
    Pixel is fugly. Thick with large bezels and over priced imo.

Looks like the fat chubby iphone with an ugly back side.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Fugly is the exact word to describe the Passport before it came out in 2014.

🔥 📶
    10-08-16 08:56 PM
    Of the two, get the DTEK60. With the inflated price of the underpowered Pixel XL, you might as well buy an iPhone 7 Plus. Importantly, while Google is handling Android security updates, it has granted Verizon exclusive authority to provide software updates. So if you do go Pixel XL, good luck in trusting Big Red with timely software updates. And if you try to go around Verizon by buying the phone outright at the Google Store, you are SOL, as it currently offers only the Pixel, and not the Pixel XL. As another alternative, you might want to consider LG's V20, which has brought back the good ol' user-swappable battery.
    blackmass and Randal Yandal like this.
    10-09-16 04:50 AM
    Dtek60 is literally 400 dollars cheaper and the only hardware difference is a snapdragon 821 vs 820. Oh and dtek has 4way stereo speakers and sd card support. Pixel may be the most overpriced underwhelming phone ive ever seen.
    10-12-16 10:14 PM
    Of the two, get the DTEK60. With the inflated price of the underpowered Pixel XL,
    The Pixel is not underpowered, if it is then so is the DTEK
    Importantly, while Google is handling Android security updates, it has granted Verizon exclusive authority to provide software updates. So if you do go Pixel XL, good luck in trusting Big Red with timely software updates. And if you try to go around Verizon by buying the phone outright at the Google Store, you are SOL, as it currently offers only the Pixel, and not the Pixel XL.
    not sure why you spread so much misinformation. Both models are on the google store for purchase and can be used on any GSM carrier pretty much and get instant updates. I think even if you buy the VZW model from the google store it will get instant updates but that remains to be seen.
    Ecm likes this.
    10-12-16 10:49 PM
    Although the pixel xl has the cpu and specs I do believe there is better value in the Dtek60. No knocking the pixel.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 11:05 PM
    Man the Pixel pricing is a little crazy. It's on par with the iPhone 7 & 7 Plus. I really don't think generic Android can compete by matching price, the brand power just isn't there. Relating it to the DTEK60, I'd go BlackBerry for sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 12:26 AM
    People talking about software updates, personally I'd pick blackberry because the pixel has no expandable storage. That's like a first tick on the box and it's something we all need,

I'd go for their dtek, don't be a spec ***** so to say, the 821 isn't that much powerful than the 820 . It's like 20 % upgrade or something like that,

Plus honestly the dtek looks better in my opinion. It's just 7 mm thin !!! And it looks full glass as well .

Premium device this ,

Oh and it's cheaper!

Oh and you going to get 3 years worth of software updates.

You really want nougat that badly?
    Get the pixel then .

But get the dtek . It's a slick looking phone .
    Priv user here and I think I may make the switch.

10-13-16 02:03 AM
    I'm wiling to bet the pixel has a far superior camera. If you don't care about having a better camera (very fast shutter speed with HDR+, large pixels for low light performance and with their excellent implementation of electronic image stablization), larger battery, faster updates (rumours say google updates may be as fast as apple with less hoops to jump through) , Android 7.1, much faster internal storage (UFS 2.0 on pixel vs eMMC 5.1 dtek60) , RGB LED, much faster fingerprint scanner and USB 3.0 speeds then get something else. Also no scratch prone chamfered edges on pixel vs dtek60. I also don't doubt the build quality is probably better on the pixel since HTC builds excellent metal bodied phones. Bezels aren't that bad as it is less than 1mm taller than the dtek60 but dtek60 has front and back speakers.

I am not very upbeat about the fingerprint scanner speed. If you see idol 4s reviews people have said there's a delay in wait time and is hard to feel without a case. It's probably the same part for the dtek60
    Last edited by StutterStep; 10-13-16 at 03:34 AM.
    10-13-16 03:17 AM

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    I think many people here would rather have a bigger battery with an increase in thickness myself included. 8.5mm is not that thick, there's really no technical advantage of a thin phone other than subjective feel.
    10-13-16 03:28 AM
276 ... 45678 ...