No sd card in the Pixel? Why?
    Because Google is trying to FORCE you onto their cloud service exactly as does Apple.
    It's a design choice/philosophy? Samsung tried it with the S6's, perhaps prematurely. OnePlus and Google have gone to it this year, but are offering increased onboard storage to 64GB/128GB. I don't think OnePlus is pushing any cloud storage...
    11-22-16 08:09 PM
    Had a pixel for 5 days, ,did not like it at all..for the following reasons,battery life did not last all day,and I don't Play games or videos..email interface was not welcoming,notifications were non existent. And I really missed my hub...so Rogers took it back "buyers remorse" and boy were they rite..back with my Z30 and will purchase the Dtek 60 in January..

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 08:36 PM
    I think you could say that the Pixels have different features -- not necessarily less. Or perhaps say that "it has fewer features that are important to me". Remember the old adage "different strokes for different folks"?

The unlimited original-quality photo storage can be a huge feature to some. So could the advanced, system-wide Google Assistant.
    True. Unlimited cloud storage for pics is great (although you can pay for this on iPhone via Amazon etc), but technically speaking iPhone does have voice assistant too with Siri.

Would have to take an objective look if it's just features I care about. Pixel has headphone jack, which I don't care about, and AMOLED display. But iPhone's display is still great, and it also has haptic feedback/forcetouch, stereo speakers, telephoto lens and water resistance, all of which I do care about.

Plus, for long term users, Pixel only promises 2 years of software updates, while iPhones last like four years or more?

Subjectively, Pixel feels better in the hand, but the lack of 1 year trade in was the real dealbreaker for me. Looking forward to Pixel 2....

In the meantime, my DTEK60 just arrived this evening!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 09:22 PM
    True. Unlimited cloud storage for pics is great (although you can pay for this on iPhone via Amazon etc), but technically speaking iPhone does have voice assistant too with Siri.

Would have to take an objective look if it's just features I care about. Pixel has headphone jack, which I don't care about, and AMOLED display. But iPhone's display is still great, and it also has haptic feedback/forcetouch, stereo speakers, telephoto lens and water resistance, all of which I do care about.

Plus, for long term users, Pixel only promises 2 years of software updates, while iPhones last like four years or more?

Subjectively, Pixel feels better in the hand, but the lack of 1 year trade in was the real dealbreaker for me. Looking forward to Pixel 2....

In the meantime, my DTEK60 just arrived this evening!

Posted via CB10
    Good for you, glad to hear you've gotten what you need.

My point above was that everyone has a different set of wants/needs. I looked seriously at the Pixel and wanted to love it, but it just didn't tick off the most important items on my list.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-22-16 09:54 PM
    Good for you, glad to hear you've gotten what you need.

My point above was that everyone has a different set of wants/needs. I looked seriously at the Pixel and wanted to love it, but it just didn't tick off the most important items on my list.
    Yes. 10-4 on that. If the phone fits you, that's all that matters... my point was just that Android phones typically try to blow you away with features versus iPhone. For example, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (rip): comparable price to iphone, but more wow factor... Google Pixel, eh, not so much...

Main thing I loved about Note 7 was S Pen functionality. Never used iris scanner etc... but also BlackBerry's Android apps. So getting full BlackBerry / Android experience, but no pen... surprising that Samsung is the only one to do a pen on a phone (at least in America AFAIK)

So back to setting up my DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 11:38 PM
    DTEK 60 Vs. Pixel XL

Pixel XL leads .....
    12-07-16 11:24 AM
    Exactly, don't get how people are ok with relying on cloud storage... But I guess we all have different priorities.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    You don't need a sd card to store files locally.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-07-16 12:55 PM
    DTEK 60 Vs. Pixel XL

Pixel XL leads .....
    In absolute terms? In value? In external storage? What?
    12-07-16 01:03 PM
    Yes....What? What about security?
    12-08-16 12:00 PM
    Yes....What? What about security?
    DTEK 60 Vs. Pixel XL

Pixel XL leads .....
    I have no idea what you're trying to say.
    12-08-16 12:20 PM
    Dtek60 all the way.☺
    I just hope there is some discount on Christmas.
    12-09-16 12:49 PM
    You don't need a sd card to store files locally.
    Yes, let me just load up all of my music, photos, and videos on device storage. And it'll sure be fun migrating to a new device when it comes time to do so instead of simply swapping out the sd card...

Ecm likes this.
    12-09-16 05:57 PM
    In absolute terms? In value? In external storage? What?
    It leads in the popularity contest, which is very important with people who have low self-esteem...

12-09-16 05:58 PM
    Yes, let me just load up all of my music, photos, and videos on device storage. And it'll sure be fun migrating to a new device when it comes time to do so instead of simply swapping out the sd card...

Not all that hard to do every couple of years but I understand what you mean. On the other hand, I've had an SD card crash. Had to buy a new one and then load everything on again, so it can go both ways.
    Ecm and tfitzpat03 like this.
    12-09-16 06:48 PM

Not all that hard to do every couple of years but I understand what you mean. On the other hand, I've had an SD card crash. Had to buy a new one and then load everything on again, so it can go both ways.
    I agree with both of these comments, but a failed mSD card is a maybe. But I'll certainly be switching devices every 9 months to a year -- 100% certain. So, I prefer having an mSD, and I'll back it up periodically. Probably because I take the trouble to back it up, I've never had one fail. Lol.
    12-09-16 07:04 PM
    I agree with both of these comments, but a failed mSD card is a maybe. But I'll certainly be switching devices every 9 months to a year -- 100% certain. So, I prefer having an mSD, and I'll back it up periodically. Probably because I take the trouble to back it up, I've never had one fail. Lol.
    I only had it happen once. It may have been because I got it off eBay. Live and learn.
    I have a Nexus 5X with 32gb internal storage and a Lumia 950 with a 64gb sd card. I can't say that I really prefer one over the other but I don't have my entire music collection on there or anything like that, so i can understand how some people who use a lot of storage would prefer an sd card.
    12-09-16 07:08 PM
    I only had it happen once. It may have been because I got it off eBay. Live and learn.
    I have a Nexus 5X with 32gb internal storage and a Lumia 950 with a 64gb sd card. I can't say that I really prefer one over the other but I don't have my entire music collection on there or anything like that, so i can understand how some people who use a lot of storage would prefer an sd card.
    Yup. Almost 80GB of music for me.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-09-16 07:10 PM
    Yup. Almost 80GB of music for me.
    Wow it's like play music 3 years continously haha
    12-09-16 07:38 PM
    Still easier to load things onto a sd card than onto the phone. I've had an issue with one sd card before, but that's it. I try to stick with only reputable name brands but I know even then flukes can happen, but so far I've been pretty lucky with that.

12-09-16 08:06 PM
    Still easier to load things onto a sd card than onto the phone. I've had an issue with one sd card before, but that's it. I try to stick with only reputable name brands but I know even then flukes can happen, but so far I've been pretty lucky with that.

Yeah, after my issue I went back to a store bought brand and haven't had another issue.
    12-09-16 08:08 PM
    Yeah, after my issue I went back to a store bought brand and haven't had another issue.
    Well, the one I had an issue with was a Kingston brand, which is a good brand and I still use some of their stuff. They replaced it without question and the replacement has been good since then. So like I've said, flukes can still happen even if you go only with the brands with a good reputation.

12-09-16 08:10 PM
    12-10-16 08:48 AM
    DTEK60
    12-11-16 10:54 AM
    My Priv just started malfunctioning after a years usage without any issues whatsoever. However the cable port started not charging so I had to switch to another device. I chose the Google pixel xl BUT i do see that the dtek60 had slightly better hardware specs and only if you are still into using a non nouget device then go for the Dtek60. My choice was the goog pix xl. And I love it!!!!
    12-11-16 01:36 PM
    How about just download Whatsapp apk? It runs fine on BB10 devices.

Posted via one of the Last of BlackBerry's Iconic devices
    My thought exactly.
    12-15-16 02:55 AM
276 ... 9101112