^ let's summarize... so you're telling us you like the pixel.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 07:06 AM
    Definitely the Pixel.
    Blackberry has a terrible track record for supporting its own products. the Dtek devices are root locked and if Blackberry doesn't push updates you will be dead in the water. That and its just a cloned devices with unique features that 99% of people don't need or care about. the Pixel phone will have Android N and much more reliable future support.
    10-13-16 07:53 AM
    The Pixel is not underpowered, if it is then so is the DTEK
    not sure why you spread so much misinformation. Both models are on the google store for purchase and can be used on any GSM carrier pretty much and get instant updates. I think even if you buy the VZW model from the google store it will get instant updates but that remains to be seen.

First and foremost, all operating system and security updates to the Pixel devices will happen in partnership with Google. In other words, when Google releases an update, Verizon phones will receive the same update at the same time (much like iOS updates). Verizon will not stand in the way of any major updates and users will get all updates at the same time as Google.

Also, the Verizon version of the Google Pixel is carrier unlocked, so you can use it where ever you like. Finally, we have three apps pre-installed on the phone Go90, My Verizon (which is your account management tool) and Verizon Messages (your messaging app). As you noted, all three can easily be uninstalled by the user.
    Verizon promises Google Pixel will get updates immediately just like iPhones - The Verge
    10-13-16 07:58 AM
    If you're stuck on Verizon then perhaps, given the commitment to leave their hands off the software, the Pixel makes some sense. Provided you can swallow the price and are willing to forego expandable storage, neither of which is acceptable to me.

Since Verizon has published​ this if and when they interfere you can sue them, and in fact you can sue them as a class. That could also be construed as fraud, which means (if you can find a prosecutor that will go after a major company) you could have them prosecuted as well.
    10-13-16 08:35 AM
    As it turns out the Pixel has expanded storage memory. You can expand all the way up from 32 gig to 128 gig. Seems plenty to me.
    10-13-16 09:43 AM
    As it turns out the Pixel has expanded storage memory. You can expand all the way up from 32 gig to 128 gig. Seems plenty to me.
    You have the option to purchase either a 32gb version or a 128gb version. That's not the same as expandable storage.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-13-16 09:49 AM
    DTEK60

Why? The PIXEL is boring, and ugly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    And if it doesn't have a sd card, that's all I would have to read...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-13-16 10:40 AM
    ^ let's summarize... so you're telling us you like the pixel.

Posted via CB10
    All I'm saying is that it has the advantages that explain why its more expensive that some people overlook here other than expandable storage.
    10-13-16 10:41 AM
    More Expensive is relative.... Verizon will give you $300 trade in on ANY working smartphone.... so if you have an old BBOS device gathering dust, the PIXEL might be cheaper than the DTEK60.

If you want a BlackBerry, fell the security features are a benefit for you, and are comfortable with the uncertain future of updates... buy a DTEK60. It will probably be the best all touch phone to bear the BlackBerry name.
    vagos2006 likes this.
    10-13-16 11:01 AM
    DTEK60 all the way. that Pixel phone is expensive for what you get relative to the DTEK60 and I'm just not digging the looks of it as well. It looks exactly like an iphone. no thanks.
    10-13-16 12:24 PM

I wish blackberry did even one-fourth of this. Two full (front page & the last page) of pixel ad. The third and fourth page with honor 8 ad.
    10-13-16 12:32 PM
    DTEK 60 with flip case
    fanBBRY and Uzi like this.
    10-13-16 12:42 PM
    looks sleek! Beautiful. ^^^
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-13-16 12:49 PM
    Between the two, I will pick DTEK60 without even think twice.
    How could google priced pixel the same as iphone? unbelievable.
    Compare both phone performance, A10 processor beat every single android phone in the market, not to mention Apps quality between these two ecosystems. Android has all the malwares and junk apps.
    My perfect phone will be running on BB10 with the latest IOS/Android runtimes or emulator.
    10-13-16 01:18 PM
    Any photos of the other cases??
    10-13-16 02:18 PM
    Any photos of the other cases??
    Nope
    10-13-16 03:29 PM
    Looks awesome and add specs + price I'm going Dtek 60. On a side note I wish BB made a wallet style flip case similar to this without the big hole in the front. My wife always uses that style of a case. I run my phones naked.
    10-13-16 03:44 PM
    More Expensive is relative.... Verizon will give you $300 trade in on ANY working smartphone.... so if you have an old BBOS device gathering dust, the PIXEL might be cheaper than the DTEK60.

If you want a BlackBerry, fell the security features are a benefit for you, and are comfortable with the uncertain future of updates... buy a DTEK60. It will probably be the best all touch phone to bear the BlackBerry name.
    Verizon will not give you 300.00 on any smartphone. It's up to 300.00 on certain phones. I've been a long time customer of theirs and when I talked to them about that deal and they asked me what I had to trade in and I told them a BlackBerry z10 they laughed and all of a sudden that 300.00 went down to 20 dollars, no lie and my phone is in mint condition.

Posted via CB10
    kjtaylor1 likes this.
    10-13-16 04:54 PM
    Hmph. What a bait and switch. Give them a note7 and be sure on squeeze it tightly for good measure before handing it over.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-13-16 05:14 PM
    I'm wiling to bet the pixel has a far superior camera. If you don't care about having a better camera (very fast shutter speed with HDR+, large pixels for low light performance and with their excellent implementation of electronic image stablization), larger battery, faster updates (rumours say google updates may be as fast as apple with less hoops to jump through) , Android 7.1, much faster internal storage (UFS 2.0 on pixel vs eMMC 5.1 dtek60) , RGB LED, much faster fingerprint scanner and USB 3.0 speeds then get something else. Also no scratch prone chamfered edges on pixel vs dtek60. I also don't doubt the build quality is probably better on the pixel since HTC builds excellent metal bodied phones. Bezels aren't that bad as it is less than 1mm taller than the dtek60 but dtek60 has front and back speakers.

I am not very upbeat about the fingerprint scanner speed. If you see idol 4s reviews people have said there's a delay in wait time and is hard to feel without a case. It's probably the same part for the dtek60
    That's a good synopses of the differences between the Pixel and DTEK60. It actually has me considering the Pixel a little more now. Still though, yes the Pixel may be all around a little faster, I don't think it would justify the price difference. I mean it all comes down to opinion and what not, but I'd be comparing the DTEK60 to the 128GB Pixel XL for the 5.5" screen size. If the DTEK launches at $700 CAD, add about $50 for a 128GB SD card and I'm done. The 128GB Pixel XL would cost $1229.00. That's a $479 difference! I DO want a good device, but I'm thinking the BlackBerry is "good enough" for that cost.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ninjakaiden; 10-13-16 at 10:35 PM.
    10-13-16 10:15 PM
    That's a good synopses of the differences between the Pixel and DTEK60. It actually has me considering the Pixel a little more now. Still though, yes the Pixel may be all around a little faster, I don't think it would justify the price difference. I mean it all comes down to opinion and what not, but I'd be comparing the DTEK60 to the 128GB Pixel XL for the 5.5" screen size. If the DTEK launches at $700 CAD, add about $50 for a 128GB SD card and I'm done. The 128GB Pixel XL would cost $1229.00. That's a $479 difference! I DO want a good device, but I'm thinking the BlackBerry is "good enough" for that cost.

Posted via CB10
    I think $700 might be a little bit in the high end. Here is a site listing it for pre-order $632.99 CAD. That's actually not a bad price.

http://www.pc-canada.com/item/PRD-63036-001.html

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 10:55 PM
    Hello I ve got a passport but I need whatsapp in my phone so I need to change it, but I want a flagship device.
    What would you recomend?

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp continues support until end of 2016.
    After that you can use Android version of WhatsApp by just installing its APK.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 02:14 AM
    Get the Note7 and a fire extinguisher
    Muahahaha

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    10-14-16 05:57 PM
    looks sleek! Beautiful. ^^^
    Agreed. The only thing I would add is the BlackBerry logo on the front. Then it would look perfect. BlackBerry cases are always nice.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    10-15-16 07:45 AM
    Agreed. The only thing I would add is the BlackBerry logo on the front. Then it would look perfect. BlackBerry cases are always nice.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    Agreed. Logo on front would be sweet.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 08:16 AM
276 ... 56789 ...