Google finally succumbed to the short sighted, quick buck approach. I wouldn't care so much if the Pixel phones were priced reasonably.

Posted via CB10
    They won't profit from the hardware the way you think. I would actually argue they lose on hardware but they don't release any numbers and won't do it with the Pixel. They're doing it for the Ads. They want to increase your dependence on their hardware products thus exposure to more ads. Same like Amazon's kindle.
    10-05-16 11:38 AM
    Google pixel blue limited edition is already out of stock. I guess they're doing well so far.
    10-05-16 12:22 PM
    Pixel is fugly. Thick with large bezels and over priced imo.

Looks like the fat chubby iphone with an ugly back side.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-05-16 12:33 PM
    Pixel is fugly. Thick with large bezels and over priced imo.

Looks like the fat chubby iphone with an ugly back side.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    I actually like the pixel design and I think they look better than iPhone 7.
    10-05-16 12:46 PM
    I actually like the pixel design and I think they look better than iPhone 7.
    Both look bland and not worth their price tags (talking just about the looks)
    10-05-16 01:35 PM
    [WARN]Skip the personal comments, please! Discuss the topic, not other members[/WARN].
    10-05-16 02:02 PM
    Thank you for your answers I think yesterday the pixel disappointed me a little with that price. Now we have to wait and see dtek60's launch. But I think the dtek will be my next phone, I'm just not convinced by it's battery.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-05-16 03:47 PM
    They won't profit from the hardware the way you think. I would actually argue they lose on hardware but they don't release any numbers and won't do it with the Pixel. They're doing it for the Ads. They want to increase your dependence on their hardware products thus exposure to more ads. Same like Amazon's kindle.
    That's a good point, Google has always been about using their services to generate ad revenue. But if they priced the Pixel lower they could get their services into the hands of even more people. Puzzling...

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 03:47 PM
    That's a good point, Google has always been about using their services to generate ad revenue. But if they priced the Pixel lower they could get their services into the hands of even more people. Puzzling...

Posted via CB10
    Well, they want to compete with the iPhone and the big boys. They're the mighty Google so actually it suits them. They want to be seen as top tier phone company with an expensive high range device because they think that's the way it works.

Apparently, this is the way it works xD, because Apple and Sammy are the top 2 companies by revenues in smartphones. With the third being Huawei, a company that releases two flagships. Xiaomi itself has been saying there is more demand for expensive phones and that's where they're moving in the future.

People fancy expensive stuff specially in the market Google is targeting. For them the US is a top priority and people there are willing to pay such sum for the phone. Some people may view it as not very good if they release it with a competitive price. They want it to be an iPhone, I thought that was obvious from the design haha.
    10-05-16 03:57 PM
    Well, they want to compete with the iPhone and the big boys. They're the mighty Google so actually it suits them. They want to be seen as top tier phone company with an expensive high range device because they think that's the way it works.

Apparently, this is the way it works xD, because Apple and Sammy are the top 2 companies by revenues in smartphones. With the third being Huawei, a company that releases two flagships. Xiaomi itself has been saying there is more demand for expensive phones and that's where they're moving in the future.

People fancy expensive stuff specially in the market Google is targeting. For them the US is a top priority and people there are willing to pay such sum for the phone. Some people may view it as not very good if they release it with a competitive price. They want it to be an iPhone, I thought that was obvious from the design haha.
    Well, at the very least hopefully this opens up the market for BlackBerry and their 3rd party mid range phones. There are so few manufactures who offer on time security updates for a reasonable price.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 04:24 PM
    There are so few manufactures who offer on time security updates for a reasonable price.

Posted via CB10
    And there are fewer people who really appreciate it. Hopefully, for the 100th time, it works this time
    10-05-16 04:38 PM
    DTEK60 has better specs, cheaper and bigger battery.

All you getting from Google Pixel is a new launcher and latest OS.
    10-05-16 08:25 PM
    DTEK60 has better specs, cheaper and bigger battery.

All you getting from Google Pixel is a new launcher and latest OS.
    DTEK is cheaper....but much SMALLER battery and mostly the specs are the same otherwise
    10-05-16 08:33 PM
    Depends if you are comparing DTEK60 to Pixel or Pixel XL. Pixel XL has same size screen and bigger battery. Pixel has smaller screen and smaller battery.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 09:27 PM
    DTEK is cheaper....but much SMALLER battery and mostly the specs are the same otherwise
    http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=8346

D Tek has bigger battery, higher resolution
    10-05-16 11:50 PM
    http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=8346

Pixel XL is a better comparison to the DTEK60. Same screen size and same resolution.

http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=8345

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack and krazyatom like this.
    10-05-16 11:57 PM
    BlackBerry DTEK60 vs. Google Pixel - GSMArena.com

The title clearly states PIXEL XL....which has a much bigger battery and the same resolution. So no, you are incorrect on your statement still
    Thud Hardsmack and krazyatom like this.
    10-06-16 08:58 AM
    The title clearly states PIXEL XL....which has a much bigger battery and the same resolution. So no, you are incorrect on your statement still
    You keep saying "much bigger battery". But from what i can see dtek has 3000mah and pixel xl has 3450mah.

Its pretty hypocritical to bash people on here for not being accurate while at the same time spreading misinformation yourself.

Does the Pixel XL have a bigger battery? Yes, but its a very slight increase. Stop spreading misinformation its NOT " much bigger".

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-06-16 10:08 AM
    You keep saying "much bigger battery". But from what i can see dtek has 3000mah and pixel xl has 3450mah.

Its pretty hypocritical to bash people on here for not being accurate while at the same time spreading misinformation yourself.

Does the Pixel XL have a bigger battery? Yes, but its a very slight increase. Stop spreading misinformation its NOT " much bigger".

3450 vs 3000 is pretty big actually. %15 more.
    10-06-16 11:03 AM
    That 15% can make a big difference.

I always prefer battery size over device slenderness, but manufacturers don't seem to think along the same lines. They always want to produce thinner phones in sacrifice of battery life. How thin do we need our phones to be? At some point, it doesn't make much of a difference.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-06-16 11:39 AM
    Yeah, the battery could be a concern. With such high resolution screens, extra battery is always good. The Priv had the same screen but also has a battery the size of Pixel Xl.
    10-06-16 12:01 PM
    3450 vs 3000 is pretty big actually. %15 more.
    Good lord. Smh

10-06-16 12:39 PM
    With my BlackBerry fanboy hat on, obviously I would choose the DTEK60.

If I'm looking at it from a consumer point of view. Pixel

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    10-06-16 12:45 PM
    No... consumer or otherwise the pixel is overpriced badly compared with the dtek60

10-06-16 12:48 PM
    With no SD card slot in Pixel, easy decision for th DTEK 60.

Posted via CB10
    Ya but you have unlimited picture backups via Google photos with the pixel. Pictures easily take up the most space. I'd be impressed to find someone who can fill 128 gb of storage simply on music or apps

10-06-16 05:20 PM
276 ... 34567 ...