Priced as follows per:
    The Google Store

Pixel 32GB is $649 USD
    Pixel 128GB is $749 USD

Pixel XL 32GB $769 USD
    Pixel XL 128GB $869 USD

Unlimited storage for Pixel is cloud based so in comparison to DTEK prob a wash because you basically have unlimited storage with SD card sizes now. Then you have BlackBerry apps which while available on Pixel, still prob not as good as they'll be on the DTEK 60. I really don't see how you can wrong with either.

The Pixel "looks" really nice. At least in the US you can go into a VZW store and actually play with one soon. That said if you order from the Google Store it is 100% fully compatible CDMA and GSM. Here's the email from Google...

DTEK60 or Google Pixel XL-img_1475628357.308564.jpg
    krazyatom and zocster like this.
    10-04-16 07:46 PM
    LOL what its hideous and boring.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    And expensive... DTEK60 has as good or better specs inside . I do understand though if a Verizon customer why you would choose Pixel if you can afford. I would. But I live in Canada which all carriers are GSM..
    However I don't think Pixel XL is worth double the price compared to DTEK60 for similar specs.

Posted via my DTEK50
    sparkybob and jakie55 like this.
    10-04-16 08:09 PM
    And expensive... DTEK60 has as good or better specs inside . I do understand though if a Verizon customer why you would choose Pixel if you can afford. I would. But I live in Canada which all carriers are GSM..
    However I don't think Pixel XL is worth double the price compared to DTEK60 for similar specs.

Posted via my DTEK50
    I just think they're trying too hard with the iPhone look. People are referring to it as the gPhone (not a bad name actually).

Just makes me realize that it's something I'll definitely miss about BlackBerry getting out of the handset design business - they were willing to take chances at times in terms of design - Passport, Priv, Mercury (hopefully), Bold, Q5.
    ardakca and Sairos like this.
    10-04-16 08:20 PM
    How's Apple's beautiful "walled garden". haha.

You don't really think, that in a fan website, it would be the better case if you tell the user about BlackBerry's android offerings first? What's the point then, from all this CrackBerry stuff.

Have we became an android fan website, but not a BlackBerry one? Would the same happen in iMore, would they recommend an android device over an iPhone?.

To promote everything BlackBerry, isn't this a part of your job alongside moderating, or I'm understanding it in a wrong way.
    The walled garden is beautiful thanks for asking. FYI I will get the pixel xl, within the next few months as soon as I buy my iWatch 2 by Nike.

Why I won't get the dtek60? The pixel will come with nougat and it will work better with the vr headset, made for it (even it is compatible with other models).

It is guaranteed update two years later, so Android 8 and 9.... Whatever is called...

Unlimited storage, may it be in cloud...

And no, we volunteer and donate our own time and resources to make our communities awesome places to be. We voice our opinion just like other members...
    10-04-16 10:28 PM
    The walled garden is beautiful thanks for asking. FYI I will get the pixel xl, within the next few months as soon as I buy my iWatch 2 by Nike.

Why I won't get the dtek60? The pixel will come with nougat and it will work better with the vr headset, made for it (even it is compatible with other models).

It is guaranteed update two years later, so Android 8 and 9.... Whatever is called...

And no, we volunteer and donate our own time and resources to make our communities awesome places to be. We voice our opinion just like other members...
    Well said. I have to ask, as you are an admin: Out of all the Mobile Nations forums, which one do you think is the most 'agnostic'? I'd say the CrackBerry forum overall is the most platform agnostic. Like any other forum, it has its share of hard core enthusiasts, but I find it overall the most willing to entertain other platforms. Even our fearless EIC Bla1ze is a no nonsense kind of guy. He's not afraid to criticize the platform in ways that I haven't seen on the other sites. It's refreshing, imho, and that's why I contribute to this forum.
    Thud Hardsmack and JeepBB like this.
    10-04-16 10:41 PM
    Well said. I have to ask, as you are an admin: Out of all the Mobile Nations forums, which one do you think is the most 'agnostic'? I'd say the CrackBerry forum overall is the most platform agnostic. Like any other forum, it has its share of hard core enthusiasts, but I find it overall the most willing to entertain other platforms. Even our fearless EIC Bla1ze is a no nonsense kind of guy. He's not afraid to criticize the platform in ways that I haven't seen on the other sites. It's refreshing, imho, and that's why I contribute to this forum.
    I don't know, lol, I'm agnostic, I rock an iPhone and a 950 XL right now, loving both :P
    10-04-16 10:57 PM
    I don't know, lol, I'm agnostic, I rock an iPhone and a 950 XL right now, loving both :P
    That kinda answers my question, lol. How are you liking Windows Phone?
    10-04-16 11:01 PM
    I would look at a Pixel if it were appealing to me but it's not very good looking imo. But I do like some other Android phones like the Sony Xperia (just because I like more modern edges).

I do think the Dtek 60 looks nice. Maybe not the best looking phone but very respectable.
    What I like about the dtek is it's only 7mm thick and I like all the specs and the security patches by BlackBerry. I know Android 7 will come soon on it and have no issue in waiting as they optimize it.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    10-04-16 11:04 PM
    That kinda answers my question, lol. How are you liking Windows Phone?
    It has pluses, much more minuses though.

One last note about the pixel (steering back on topic), I find that google wanting Apple and Samsung money, taking control back from lazy manufacturers who never updates. We will find out I guess if price will come down, if not then I will still get one anyway...
    10-04-16 11:14 PM
    It has pluses, much more minuses though.

One last note about the pixel (steering back on topic), I find that google wanting Apple and Samsung money, taking control back from lazy manufacturers who never updates. We will find out I guess if price will come down, if not then I will still get one anyway...
    Well, it's not like it's a bad phone, the camera seems pretty sweet... Personally, I'm on hold until the status of the Mercury is settled. After that, I'm waiting to see what Apple has to offer with the iPhone 8. Beyond the expected hardware improvements, I need to see a commitment to software as well before I push the button. If not, I'm going to stick with Android for my next daily driver.
    10-04-16 11:17 PM
    I would look at a Pixel if it were appealing to me but it's not very good looking imo. But I do like some other Android phones like the Sony Xperia (just because I like more modern edges).

I do think the Dtek 60 looks nice. Maybe not the best looking phone but very respectable.
    What I like about the dtek is it's only 7mm thick and I like all the specs and the security patches by BlackBerry. I know Android 7 will come soon on it and have no issue in waiting as they optimize it.

Posted via CB10 on my PP
    Sony does make nice phones. The Xperia line is nice to hold in the hand, imho.
    10-04-16 11:18 PM
    Im liking the XL but damn $1100+ can. Makes the dtek60 look so much better haha

10-05-16 03:40 AM
    Im liking the XL but damn $1100+ can. Makes the dtek60 look so much better haha

If DTEK60 does not get released in next few weeks I bet many will jump to Pixel XL. Hurry up BlackBerry!

Posted via my DTEK50
    10-05-16 08:18 AM

Wow wait, I wouldn't recommend a DTEK even to my worst enemy. Who said anything about DTEKs? I'm saying since he is a BlackBerry fan (being in crackberry and all) it would be good to recommend the Priv. Also coming from a PKB device (Passport). If the Priv is not to his liking then we can talk other Android devices.

Well the Pixels are ugly devices in my opinion. Not worth the extra price over the Nexus too. Huge bezels without even a home button in all that space. Google should've left the design to HTC instead of using them as the water boy. I would get a Nexus 6P instead and next year maybe Google would learn a thing or two about making good hardware.

I'm aware that you guys volunteer, didn't mean job in the sense you understood. Still you're volunteering to a BlackBerry forum, would only make sense to recommend a BlackBerry first. If this is sports, would you recommend him to cheer for another club? Its a competing brand you're recommending. Goes against the main principle of being a BB fan, let alone a Mod in a BB forum.

But of course, like you said, you're free to voice your opinion and I'm free to voice mine, which happens to Vs yours.

One man's walled garden is another man's prison. Enjoy your iStuff.
    10-05-16 08:41 AM
    Sony does make nice phones. The Xperia line is nice to hold in the hand, imho.
    The Xperia line is nice until they hit you with a new flagship 6 months later. Xperia X Performance (Feb/16) then Xperia XZ (Sep/16).

Not to mention their Z1 to Z5 drag race in in 3 years. From Sep/13 to Oct/15, they've released five Z flagships. No wonder Sony is failing. They make good consoles though, yeah also no wonder why its the only profitable division they've xD
    10-05-16 08:51 AM
    My biggest problem is nobody is mentioning WFC on the DTEK60. Meanwhile, you have T-Mobile's Product Manager @askdes pumping up his Twitter feed with how the Pixels will WFC VoLTE etc. perfectly fine over at their network. I have tweeted him numerous times about WFC for DTEK50 with not a chirp in reply. In all honesty, I would bet neither DTEK devices get WFC or steady Band 12 support ever.

Don't care about Wi-Fi Calling? You SHOULD care about Band 12 support though.
    10-05-16 09:57 AM
    Wow wait, I wouldn't recommend a DTEK even to my worst enemy. Who said anything about DTEKs? I'm saying since he is a BlackBerry fan (being in crackberry and all) it would be good to recommend the Priv. Also coming from a PKB device (Passport). If the Priv is not to his liking then we can talk other Android devices.

Well the Pixels are ugly devices in my opinion. Not worth the extra price over the Nexus too. Huge bezels without even a home button in all that space. Google should've left the design to HTC instead of using them as the water boy. I would get a Nexus 6P instead and next year maybe Google would learn a thing or two about making good hardware.

I'm aware that you guys volunteer, didn't mean job in the sense you understood. Still you're volunteering to a BlackBerry forum, would only make sense to recommend a BlackBerry first. If this is sports, would you recommend him to cheer for another club? Its a competing brand you're recommending. Goes against the main principle of being a BB fan, let alone a Mod in a BB forum.

But of course, like you said, you're free to voice your opinion and I'm free to voice mine, which happens to Vs yours.

One man's walled garden is another man's prison. Enjoy your iStuff.
    We're moderators for CrackBerry as well as other sites - we make sure threads don't get out of hand and try to keep the sites tidy. We're not company reps. Based on the information people give, we tend to recommend the most likely device to hopefully fit their needs/wants, just as we've been doing for years. We would never push a device that might upset someone and sour their experience here; we'd rather they get the best help possible and keep coming back for a positive experience whether it be here or one of our Mobile Nations sister sites.

And FWIW I fully agree on your Pixel assessment.
    10-05-16 09:57 AM
    The Xperia line is nice until they hit you with a new flagship 6 months later. Xperia X Performance (Feb/16) then Xperia XZ (Sep/16).

Not to mention their Z1 to Z5 drag race in in 3 years. From Sep/13 to Oct/15, they've released five Z flagships. No wonder Sony is failing. They make good consoles though, yeah also no wonder why its the only profitable division they've xD
    True, I'm talking more the hardware / form factor. And of all the skinned Android flavours, I like theirs the best (over Samsung, LG). Not in the market for one, just an observation.
    Sairos likes this.
    10-05-16 10:15 AM
    Based on the information people give, we tend to recommend the most likely device to hopefully fit their needs/wants, just as we've been doing for years. We would never push a device that might upset someone and sour their experience here; we'd rather they get the best help possible and keep coming back for a positive experience whether it be here or one of our Mobile Nations sister sites.
    Which is why I suggested the Priv. 1- He has a passport. 2- He needs a high range device and Whatsapp. It was only plausible we suggest the Priv. It meets his needs in that regard. He is a BlackBerry fan (Giving his presence here and him having an App-less Phone in 2016). He will appreciate the PKB specially in Whatsapp. He only mentioned the Pixel in the title and was open to suggestions by the way he talked. It's only normal he thinks of the Pixel, its an upcoming device. As a matter of fact, all the info he gave and didn't give, makes suggesting the Priv on my side a very reasonable move. Your honor, I've acted in the best interest of the client, Haha.

If he said that he didn't like the Priv, I was going to absolutely refrain from mentioning anything about it. I would move on to suggesting other android phones better than his carrier's sales rep. I didn't recommend the DTEK60 and never will specially Vs other android phones. I'm a person who moved from BlackBerry to another brand and still don't own a BB device since then. I WOULD never suggest something against to what I think would help someone even if its not a BB.
    10-05-16 10:33 AM

Posted via my DTEK50
    Other than having stereo speakers, the Dtek60 has no hardware advantages. With that, I'm with you where it has not many disvantages either and the Dtek60 is better "bang for the buck"
    10-05-16 10:39 AM
    We're moderators for CrackBerry as well as other sites - we make sure threads don't get out of hand and try to keep the sites tidy. We're not company reps. Based on the information people give, we tend to recommend the most likely device to hopefully fit their needs/wants, just as we've been doing for years. We would never push a device that might upset someone and sour their experience here; we'd rather they get the best help possible and keep coming back for a positive experience whether it be here or one of our Mobile Nations sister sites.

And FWIW I fully agree on your Pixel assessment.
    And you're all doing a great job in that. Rapid response and all, you would qualify for working in SWAT's internet team
    10-05-16 10:40 AM
    I just think they're trying too hard with the iPhone look. People are referring to it as the gPhone (not a bad name actually).

Just makes me realize that it's something I'll definitely miss about BlackBerry getting out of the handset design business - they were willing to take chances at times in terms of design - Passport, Priv, Mercury (hopefully), Bold, Q5.
    Yeah, the design is really disapointing, it screams iphone. Current iphone design is so tired for 2016 and 2017. Both iphone 7 and pixel are selling absolute top end phones with 2014 bezels. To me the V20 and Note7 are the phones to get
    10-05-16 10:43 AM
    True, I'm talking more the hardware / form factor. And of all the skinned Android flavours, I like theirs the best (over Samsung, LG). Not in the market for one, just an observation.
    Indeed. They win in design, build & quality. Same here, I like their UI better than Sammy's. TouchWiz is so awful to the extent that I rooted my device. Now I need an unrooted one for security reasons, guess what brand xD.. Still on the way though, just waiting to see what they do with the mercury because I prefer always present PKB Vs Sliding PKB. However, the Priv turned out to be a real beauty when I checked it in a store. Gained quite the few points in my score-book.
    10-05-16 10:44 AM
    If you limit photos to 16 MP and videos to 1080p anyone can get unlimited storage with the Google Photos app. I don't see that as a selling point for the Pixel phones.

By keeping the Google assistant and Pixel launcher exclusive to the Pixel phones, Google is creating even more fragmentation within Android. Afters years of providing solid Nexus updates Google finally succumbed to the short sighted, quick buck approach. I wouldn't care so much if the Pixel phones were priced reasonably.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 11:29 AM
    Damn that Pixel is one ugly looking phone and super expensive. It looks exactly like an iPhone. What on earth were they thinking? DTEK60 looks way nicer and is cheaper as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 11:35 AM
276 ... 23456 ...