Pixel, I'm switching to it.

Posted via CB10
    Maxberry888 likes this.
    10-03-16 03:46 PM
    good luck with your pixel. Have fun at android central. Peace.
    lol
    Maxberry888 likes this.
    10-03-16 03:59 PM
    Seeeeee Ya.....enjoy paying twice the price And no way to expand memory and less security.

Posted via my DTEK50
    krazyatom and Randal Yandal like this.
    10-03-16 04:00 PM
    Cobalt232 the Play store onto your Passport and download WhatsApp. Seems like a cheaper alternative.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-16 04:39 PM
    The pixel XL has the newest processor, much bigger battery and will have nougat from the start while its probably months away for BB yet. You will have to pay more for it but I think it will be worth it as long as its not terribly expensive.
    821 cpu is really a bad cpu to get because its a stop gap while they work on 830 cpu which will be in 2017-2018 flagship phones. The pixel will be stuck in the middle powerwise imho.

820 is the more supported cpu and therefore the better choice due to the fact its performance is nearly identical to the 821.

DTEK60 has the 820
    Pixel has the 821

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-03-16 05:29 PM
    I would also look at the LG V20

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno and Avenzuno like this.
    10-03-16 05:31 PM
    I would also look at the LG V20

Posted via CB10
    Nearly every review ive seen talks about the screen having bleed, and the camera being so-so. Build quality and dac are cool tho.

krazyatom likes this.
    10-03-16 05:38 PM
    just sideload the android version. why would you pay 600$ for whatsapp
    10-03-16 06:15 PM
    just sideload the android version. why would you pay 600$ for whatsapp
    Thank god... Preach PlayBook_QNX
    Preach some sense into consumers.
    Nah, for real though I know that everyone has their own opinions and thoughts of course and I very much respect that. However, please consider the fact that you are paying a lot of money here and then throwing it away or reselling at a huge loss.
    10-03-16 07:57 PM
    Whats with all the other android phones recommendations, from Mods even! How disappointing.

Priv all the way mate, you're coming from a Passport, you need a PKB. Priv is selling for a reasonable price now. You can get it unlocked for $425 on ShopBlackBerry, or you can find yourself an AT&T unlocked for $300 something.
    Greened likes this.
    10-04-16 12:33 AM
    Smaller camera, no expandable storage, thicker and heavier and probably more expensive?

Advertising is everything.
    10-04-16 12:46 AM
    Whats with all the other android phones recommendations, from Mods even! How disappointing.

Priv all the way mate, you're coming from a Passport, you need a PKB. Priv is selling for a reasonable price now. You can get it unlocked for $425 on ShopBlackBerry, or you can find yourself an AT&T unlocked for $300 something.
    Question was asked, answer given? Mods or not ...
    TGR1 likes this.
    10-04-16 12:52 AM
    This sounds picky, but I want to wait and see how big the 'chin' on the Pixel is going to be. It was meant to house a button on the original HTC build, but they took that away. Now it kind of sticks out aesthetically and I think it would bug me.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 01:27 AM
    Regardless if the Pixel is double the cost of anything with a BlackBerry name, it will outsell BlackBerry 100:1. The BlackBerry name is no longer a consideration in the consumer world, even BlackBerry has given up on hardware. And if you think you're paying for BlackBerry security... well, let's just say, enjoy your DTEK phones...
    10-04-16 08:28 AM
    Question was asked, answer given? Mods or not ...
    How's Apple's beautiful "walled garden". haha.

You don't really think, that in a fan website, it would be the better case if you tell the user about BlackBerry's android offerings first? What's the point then, from all this CrackBerry stuff.

Have we became an android fan website, but not a BlackBerry one? Would the same happen in iMore, would they recommend an android device over an iPhone?.

To promote everything BlackBerry, isn't this a part of your job alongside moderating, or I'm understanding it in a wrong way.
    RichardAitch and ardakca like this.
    10-04-16 08:35 AM
    Real Android vs. Fake Android.

You decide who is who.
    10-04-16 08:37 AM
    821 cpu is really a bad cpu to get because its a stop gap while they work on 830 cpu which will be in 2017-2018 flagship phones. The pixel will be stuck in the middle powerwise imho.

820 is the more supported cpu and therefore the better choice due to the fact its performance is nearly identical to the 821.

DTEK60 has the 820
    Pixel has the 821

I wouldn't really call it "bad". It's just a speedbump of the 820. Architecturally they are identical, so not a new generation like howarmat keeps saying.

Also most likely DTEK has a lower binned 820 and not a full 820.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-04-16 09:33 AM
    Thank god... Preach PlayBook_QNX
    Preach some sense into consumers.
    Nah, for real though I know that everyone has their own opinions and thoughts of course and I very much respect that. However, please consider the fact that you are paying a lot of money here and then throwing it away or reselling at a huge loss.
    If you already own a BB10 and it suits your needs, sure, some of these work-arounds do work. Others, not so much. I was a die-hard BB10er for life up until March of this year. I have the posting history to prove that and have butted heads with a few regulars (Conite, CGK, Troy, JeepBB, Bla1ze, and a few others...). Now that I got my Priv I just don't see the value-add of BB10 as a whole anymore. I am not completely sold on Android, btw, but if BlackBerry can (or will) continue to bring features over from BB10, I am cool with that.

Yeah, this whole "vs." thing is Android Central through-and-through. However, pretty much anything relating to Android on BlackBerry over there is a ghostown for sure.
    10-04-16 10:55 AM
    I wouldn't really call it "bad". It's just a speedbump of the 820. Architecturally they are identical, so not a new generation like howarmat keeps saying.

Also most likely DTEK has a lower binned 820 and not a full 820.
    What do you mean lower binned?

10-04-16 10:58 AM
    What do you mean lower binned?

A lower speed-grade.

This is one of the slams that people like to use when they're trying to malign something without cause.

Processors have different "bin" ratings. A CPU might have a "designed" operating frequency of 2Ghz. Due to variation during manufacturing some will (during testing in manufacturing) run reliably at 2.4Ghz. Some will run reliably at 1.8Ghz. During manufacturing the wafers are tested and put into different "bins." Those at higher bins sell for more, because they can be clocked higher. Those in lower bins sell for less. Those that fail to qualify at the minimum rating the manufacturer accepts get rejected entirely and thrown away.

Here's the thing -- there's no reason to pay for a 2.4Ghz part if you're going to clock it at 2Ghz. Therefore, if your design calls for a given clock rate you buy processors from the bin that fits that profile; you'd be an utter ***** to pay 20% more for the SOC just to claim you have a higher "bin" rating.
    10-04-16 11:09 AM
    Well the Pixel looks like its going to be a very expensive unlocked phone. Starts at $649 for just the regular pixel. They didn't even discuss the Pixel XL price when announcing, that could be easily upward of $750 - $850. No thanks, I'll take a Dtek60 any day.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-04-16 11:44 AM
    A lower speed-grade.

This is one of the slams that people like to use when they're trying to malign something without cause.
    Was that directed at me? I don't think I ever said there was a problem with lower bins.
    10-04-16 11:49 AM
    Just read where DxOMark rated the Pixels camera "89" which is the highest score they have ever given to a smartphone. Must be pretty good.
    10-04-16 12:05 PM
    Just read where DxOMark rated the Pixels camera "89" which is the highest score they have ever given to a smartphone. Must be pretty good.
    Yeah but its in a hardware design that looks from 2013.

10-04-16 12:54 PM
    I can't believe the Pixel is even uglier than the DTEK60. And I usually love Google's aesthetics. What the hell?

And since when were Google phones at $749 starting price for the decent 128gb one?

But anyway, I'll never buy a phone without an SD card slot. I was gonna get the OP3 but it has no SD card slot. So, no sale from me. I hate this stupid trend.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 01:13 PM
276 1234 ...