So I'm up for a new phone, and I'm stuck between choosing from these two phones security is somewhat important, but not a deal

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 01:55 PM
    Get a DTEK60 AND a DTEK50 for the price of a Pixel XL.

Personally I would take an SD card slot over a better low-light camera any day of the week. Otherwise, they are essentially the same except that the Pixel is rootable, and the DTEKs are not.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-08-16 02:01 PM
    Considering the pixel just was rated the most secure android device. Ahead of the Priv and DTek50. Either the 60 or Pixel will be the best of the best in that department. If you're paying out right on your own. Definitely the D60. Its pound for pound right at the top in terms of specs for value. Why pay and extra 300 plus bucks for speed increasws that simply put, the average person won't even notice or care about. We're talking booting apps and videos an extra secodn or two (or less) faster.

If you're getting subsidized by a carrier. Than I say ball out and get a pixel. Because the value aspect really becomes not as drastic here. The pixel is spec wise the better phone (though it doesn't have expandable memory so keep that in mind). But like I said, we're talking about second loading things here or there. And of course it will be the more chic phone.

Also the D60 comes with BB hub forever ...if the keeping everything in one place for productivity is appealing for you. Whereas with any other android. You pay a small fee per month.

But that's my two cents (:
    11-08-16 02:02 PM
    K thanx geez what a decision honestly if the carriers release the dtek60 I will definitely go for it damn

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 02:15 PM
    If you're super into all things Google go for the expensive Pixel. You'll get all the new goodies first even before the previous Nexus models. Otherwise I don't see why spending the extra money is worth it.
    11-08-16 02:18 PM
    So I'm up for a new phone, and I'm stuck between choosing from these two phones security is somewhat important, but not a deal

Posted via CB10
    Need an sd card? Would it matter which has the better camera?

Faster Google OS updates: Pixel
    Faster Security updates: DTek60
    Better camera: Pixel
    SD card support: DTek60
    Better price: DTek60
    Look cooler with your friends: Pixel

Choice is yours.

Edit: No, I didn't put that last one to be a smartass, that is honestly a very important criteria for a lot of people when deciding what brands to buy... Not me, but a lot of people.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-08-16 02:29 PM
    Wouldn't the pixel rx quick security updates as well though??

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 02:35 PM
    Wouldn't the pixel rx quick security updates as well though??

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Which is a very important piece of the security puzzle.
    11-08-16 02:38 PM
    Lol lol so true
    11-08-16 02:52 PM
    Lol thanx guys

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 02:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    DTEK60 camera isn't that great compared to other flagships.
    11-08-16 03:06 PM
    As someone rightly said, it all depends on what you want in a phone. If you want better security, better productivity and more value for money, then the DTEK60 is the phone for you. If you want the latest and fastest updates, the best camera and flair, then you might want to go with the pixel. For me, the DTEK60 still wins it.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 03:31 PM
    Any choice we make is the right choice. I personally like that Pixel has 5 inch screen which is smaller than DTEK60's 5.5. If money is tight, then DTEK60 is the answer. If buying a phone only out of curiosity I would pick Pixel since this is Google's first(kind of) phone which should be pretty much on the same level as Apple.
    11-08-16 04:01 PM
    Need an sd card? Would it matter which has the better camera?

Faster Google OS updates: Pixel
    Faster Security updates: DTek60
    Better camera: Pixel
    SD card support: DTek60
    Better price: DTek60
    Look cooler with your friends: Pixel

Choice is yours.

Edit: No, I didn't put that last one to be a smartass, that is honestly a very important criteria for a lot of people when deciding what brands to buy... Not me, but a lot of people.

For about the first 6 months, then along comes the next big thing...
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-08-16 04:21 PM
    There's nothing special on the pixel,

I'd recommend the dtek60.
    11-08-16 04:33 PM
    If I were in the market for a full touchscreen device, I think I would be choosing between these two, as well. In the end, I'd go with the DTEK60. I like the SD card, the price, and the BB version of android. For me, the only thing that would make me consider the Pixel, is the fact it is running Android N out of the box.
    asiayeah likes this.
    11-08-16 04:39 PM
    N will be coming though on the DTEK.

Let the Pixel folks take the hit on the .0 version bugs.
    11-08-16 04:41 PM
    Any choice we make is the right choice. I personally like that Pixel has 5 inch screen which is smaller than DTEK60's 5.5. If money is tight, then DTEK60 is the answer. If buying a phone only out of curiosity I would pick Pixel since this is Google's first(kind of) phone which should be pretty much on the same level as Apple.
    It could come with the kitchen sink, but no sd card slot means no sale for me. I bought an Android for $10 brand new once, and it had a sd card slot...

11-08-16 05:22 PM
    in regards to storage on the pixel you also get unlimited cloud storage for pictures and videos taken on the pixel and one touch tech support , btw both are features google stole from the amazon fire phone
    11-08-16 06:33 PM
    in regards to storage on the pixel you also get unlimited cloud storage for pictures and videos taken on the pixel and one touch tech support , btw both are features google stole from the amazon fire phone
    And rely on coverage and data to access your own stuff, no thanks.

DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-09-16 01:31 AM
    PIxel is the the better of the two but if you're looking for a cheaper one then the DTEK would do the job
    11-09-16 06:04 AM
    Would you buy an TCL budget TV over a top of the line Samsung?

If you want to save some money and aren't concerned with long term support - go TLC (BlackBerry)
    If you want quality components that will for sure be update through the life of the phone... go PIXEL.

Smartphones are like any other electronic device... some buy the off brand low cost copy cats, other pay for higher end real things.
    11-09-16 08:56 AM

That depends on whether I'm simply interested in the name or the picture on the screen.
    bigjman and AllanQuatermain like this.
    11-09-16 10:24 AM
    I totally agree with Conite! The Pixel is extremely overpriced. For what ? For Android (7.1) together with an unfinished phone? Please compare the Google Pixel which comprises of a half-glass, half-aluminium backside with the DTEK 60 and you will agree that the DTEK 60 is a looker!
    11-09-16 10:37 AM

If you want to save some money and aren't concerned with long term support - go TLC (BlackBerry)
    If you want quality components that will for sure be update through the life of the phone... go PIXEL.

Smartphones are like any other electronic device... some buy the off brand low cost copy cats, other pay for higher end real things.
    LMAO, yah, the dtek60 has a fake CPU, fake RAM, and a fake SD card slot, no wait, that part is real... If you want to pay extra for a brand when the technical specs are the same or comparable, then go ahead. I heard the new Mac Pro is awesome.

11-09-16 10:40 AM
118 123 ...