I have been able to sell BB devices for good prices, don't see why it would all of a sudden be different for the DTEK60, it's not like you'll be forced to sell to google fanboys, most likely you'll find someone else who wants a BB Android who would be willing to pay a fair amount for it.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I think it depends on the location. I posted my local experience above.

Lets say the resale in a year on the Pixel XL is 50% and 30% on the 60. In Canada that would be mean that after resale the cost of the XL would be about $500 and the 60 about $450. That makes the price difference between the devices largely irrelevant in terms of the price decision.
    11-10-16 02:30 PM
    none of the above, just too big
    11-10-16 02:36 PM
    I think it depends on the location. I posted my local experience above.

Lets say the resale in a year on the Pixel XL is 50% and 30% on the 60. In Canada that would be mean that after resale the cost of the XL would be about $500 and the 60 about $450. That makes the price difference between the devices largely irrelevant in terms of the price decision.
    *shrug* the few times I actually sold my devices I got pretty decent return on them. But I honestly don't believe in buying things for their resale value. Most of the time I end up keeping my old device to keep as a backup in case something happens to the new one. I kind of equate buying something for its resale value with dating a girl based on how well the break-up might go, lol. I know it's different, but the point is the experience while I have the phone makes much more of a difference for me than what it might be worth later if I wanted to sell it... So for that, saving money on the initial purchase just makes more sense for me.

11-10-16 02:39 PM
    *shrug* the few times I actually sold my devices I got pretty decent return on them. But I honestly don't believe in buying things for their resale value. Most of the time I end up keeping my old device to keep as a backup in case something happens to the new one. I kind of equate buying something for its resale value with dating a girl based on how well the break-up might go, lol. I know it's different, but the point is the experience while I have the phone makes much more of a difference for me than what it might be worth later if I wanted to sell it... So for that, saving money on the initial purchase just makes more sense for me.

If you're not going to resell it and budget is an issue then I agree the initial cost is a factor. Yet I would suggest that if the initial cost is a consideration in the first instance then I don't know why one would want to hold on to it if they could subsequently recover some of the initial cost. That seems like a contradiction. My preference is to purchase the best device I can that meets my needs even if it is expensive and reduce that initial outlay by selling it rather than having it sit in a drawer in perpetuity. Holding on to the old device for a short period makes sense but after the buyers remorse period expires, there can't be any utility beyond sentimental value or if one is a collector. If the new device fails after the buyers remorse period, I doubt most will use use a legacy device for any appreciable length of time beyond waiting for the replacement to arrive.
    11-10-16 03:21 PM
    If you're not going to resell it and budget is an issue then I agree the initial cost is a factor. Yet I would suggest that if the initial cost is a consideration in the first instance then I don't know why one would want to hold on to it if they could subsequently recover some of the initial cost. That seems like a contradiction. My preference is to purchase the best device I can that meets my needs even if it is expensive and reduce that initial outlay by selling it rather than having it sit in a drawer in perpetuity. Holding on to the old device for a short period makes sense but after the buyers remorse period expires, there can't be any utility beyond sentimental value or if one is a collector. If the new device fails after the buyers remorse period, I doubt most will use use a legacy device for any appreciable length of time beyond waiting for the replacement to arrive.
    Because downtime without any device should the unfortunate event that your phone gets destroyed or stops working is inconvenient. Just because I'm concerned about over spending doesn't mean that I am willing to give up precious time (which is money according to some), safety (yes, communications is essential to safety), and convenience should the worst-case-scenario happens. It has nothing to do with "buyer's remorse." That's something that happens to people who buy things frivolously. I buy things when I actually need them...

11-10-16 08:30 PM
    Because downtime without any device should the unfortunate event that your phone gets destroyed or stops working is inconvenient. Just because I'm concerned about over spending doesn't mean that I am willing to give up precious time (which is money according to some), safety (yes, communications is essential to safety), and convenience should the worst-case-scenario happens. It has nothing to do with "buyer's remorse." That's something that happens to people who buy things frivolously. I buy things when I actually need them...

Downtime without a device shouldn't be more than 24 hours max. I should think that most of the populous could withstand the lack of owning a cell phone for that amount of time unless you are in a field that dictates otherwise. As stated, subsequent to the buyer's remorse period expiration I can't see any reasonable reason beyond those stated (and perhaps the low probability of needing one for safety reasons within a 24 hour period) that you would need a drawer of devices that were needlessly kept. Sure, keep a one (1) flip phone from 2002 if is absolutely necessary for safety reasons but I would think that term frivolous would apply to some one that has such a drawer of devices that at some prior time had residual value. Moreover, I would argue that frivolity is tantamount to a waste of money for someone that purports to be concerned about over spending.
    11-10-16 09:12 PM
    So I'm up for a new phone, and I'm stuck between choosing from these two phones security is somewhat important, but not a deal

Posted via CB10
    I would pick the Dtek60 just for the price alone. Plus the specs are top drawer.
    11-10-16 11:30 PM
    Downtime without a device shouldn't be more than 24 hours max. I should think that most of the populous could withstand the lack of owning a cell phone for that amount of time unless you are in a field that dictates otherwise. As stated, subsequent to the buyer's remorse period expiration I can't see any reasonable reason beyond those stated (and perhaps the low probability of needing one for safety reasons within a 24 hour period) that you would need a drawer of devices that were needlessly kept. Sure, keep a one (1) flip phone from 2002 if is absolutely necessary for safety reasons but I would think that term frivolous would apply to some one that has such a drawer of devices that at some prior time had residual value. Moreover, I would argue that frivolity is tantamount to a waste of money for someone that purports to be concerned about over spending.
    Most of the populous? I'm sorry, I'm me, I'm not most of the populous, so please explain to me again why would I care what "most of the populous" could or could not do before I decide what are priorities to me? I'm just a little confused. Thanks.

And again, don't see how this is so hard to see. Whether I buy a $700 phone or a $400 phone, I still would like to keep my previous phone as a backup. So how hard is it to understand that keeping two phones I spent $700 each on is more than keeping two phones I spent $400 each on? Why do you think that if I would buy the more expensive phone that all of a sudden I will be exactly like you and be concerned about resell value? I'm concerned about costs and the way I show that is that over a span of 3 - 5 years I'd rather spend $400 on phones each time than $700 on phones each time. Is it still that hard to understand?
    11-11-16 01:26 AM
    Anyway, I am loving my Pixel. This is simply the Best Android UI out there. Simple, elegant, every touch reminds me of Apple aesthetics (you need to use to understand) . Google assistant is amazing pulls me results from within websites correlates and provide me correct results mostly (helps very much in my techie job). Storage is no issue for me so far. Whenever I am on Wifi it syncs to Cloud...data will not go away from phone inspite of cloud upload, unless you ask the Pixel to clear stuff from phone.

But, communications, BlackBerry 10 is way way better. I am using Hub for Android...but notifications and stuff not par with BlackBerry 10. (So I assume it must be the same for Dtek60 too.)

I miss the PKB feel though. So probably the Mercury Will replace my Passport if it does really come out and IF it is a damn good device. In that case, I will give pixel to wife who has already fallen in love with it.
    11-11-16 05:42 AM
    If you take a lot of pics or that aspect is important to you then grab a Pixel and forget about it.

For everything else Dtek60.
    11-11-16 10:47 AM
    If you take a lot of pics or that aspect is important to you then grab a Pixel and forget about it.

For everything else Dtek60.
    Or grab a DTEK60 AND an excellent micro 4/3 camera for the same price.
    11-11-16 11:27 AM
    pixel is a great phone and I probably going to end up getting both DTEK60 and pixel. pixel security is good enough for me because I don't work for enterprise. I buy and sell phone very often and Blackberry phons resell values aren't good as google phones or iPhone if that matters to you. I love both phones!
    11-11-16 12:03 PM
    The DTEK60 is in most specs better than the Google Pixel, e.g. Resolution (1440*2560 vs 1080*1920), Pixel Density (534 vs 441), 21 Mp Camera vs 12.3 Mp etc
    11-11-16 01:32 PM
    The DTEK60 is in most specs better than the Google Pixel, e.g. Resolution (1440*2560 vs 1080*1920), Pixel Density (534 vs 441), 21 Mp Camera vs 12.3 Mp etc
    I think it's fair to compare with pixel XL model. XL model is same 5.5 inch with quad HD screen 534 ppi.
    11-11-16 01:42 PM
    This is painful but hopefully I can bring you back on point. You are muddling the context from where this analysis began which was the unassailable and irrefutable monetary result based on the original discussion of buying an XL vs 60 and within the year liquidating the XL and repeating the process thereby winding up with essentially the same out of pocket cost as buying the 60. Unfortunately you've somehow muddled that by changing the variables in the analysis to something personal about your personal preferences that is not germane to the conversation that was originally being discussed. No one cares if you are either cheap or can't afford a $700 device nor how many years you own them over 3 -5 years etc, lol. Nor would they care that I prefer to buy expensive devices resell them and windup up in the same financial position as you hence the populous relative to the original analysis. This wasn't meant to be a status update about your preferences - that is for your play with on FB. I realize forum arguments are generally the venue for those that can't mount a cogent argument one on one but how hard can this be.
    11-12-16 12:13 AM
    Glad we aint talkin politics

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    11-12-16 04:08 AM
    Yeah you can get used passports for like $200 now in Vancouver so depreciation is 50% or more so I think that a true comparison would be at 50% for both so a Pixel would be worth $590 while the Dtek60 $325 so the difference is $265

Take the difference and see if its worth it to you and you have your answer.
    11-12-16 11:07 AM
    So I'm up for a new phone, and I'm stuck between choosing from these two phones security is somewhat important, but not a deal

Posted via CB10
    I do not own nor have I seen the DTEK 60. (I've briefly messed around with a pixel in store). But for me, on paper, the DTEK is the better bang for your buck. If you're willing to pay a couple hundred bucks more for a better camera and unlimited photo backups, go for it. Hey, maybe a camera is really important to you, and the pixel camera is great. If not, I can't really justify buying one. The dtek60 has expandable storage to counter that photo backup "feature" of the pixel also. From what I hear the dtek60 runs just as smooth, however, could be the CrackBerry bias! I cannot speak for either device I'm just going off of price and what you're getting for that price.
    11-12-16 11:16 AM
118 ... 345