Cloud storage isn't free to begin with. Assuming that you are not in a secure wifi zone, all that transferring u$e$ data. I prefer the sd cards in my phones any day. I have over 20 gb of music (in relatively small wma files) and growing on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Only if you are that adamant that you want to transfer while you are in non wifi zone. If you have so much music on phone, then Pixel nor Apple nor any other Non SD card phone is suitable for you. Dtek is anyday better option for you.
    11-10-16 11:19 AM
    While giving out such lame excuses for blaming a model, do you realise that Apple provides even lesser storage space than Pixel and all those great number of people have no trouble in using Apple as their lone phone? Agreed...if you depend so much for music and storage, then Apple and Pixel and such other 'NO SD CARD' phones are not suitable for YOU. Doesn't mean that the phone is bad neither doesn't mean than a DTEK is better than those.
    And when did that person say anything like that? I read that entire thing as him/her explaining why the phone would not work for him/her. You just seem like you're on a mission to defend the Pixel at al costs. You getting paid by google or what? Lol

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-10-16 11:20 AM
    You think Google will lose your Data. If thats what you think, then you have no idea about how google Data Storage Works.
    Um, where and how did you read that from what I've said?? Lmao!! :-D

11-10-16 11:22 AM
    One Question or rather an Arguement I want to make here is that... 'The probability of your SD card faulting and losing data is more than Google losing its data or going down for hours'. Do you think else?
    Yes. I have dozens of memory cards between my phones, cameras, and other things. I've had an issue with ONE EVER. And I am out in areas without data coverage all of the time. So between the chances of google having issues, bad data coverage, or data services having issues, it's a much higher chance than my sd card failing. Next.

11-10-16 11:24 AM
    If that is the case, we BlackBerrrians would not have bought a Z10 or a Q10 for that damn expensiveness. You would probably chose another less expensive brand if you cared about value. So, 'Always' doesn't hold true 'Always'
    Apples and oranges. Z10 has an OS different from the competitors and Q10/Classic has pkb and OS different. If there was comparable options with the same for less, then yes, you have a point. Here we are comparing two Androids, then it's an equal comparison.

11-10-16 11:26 AM
    Um, where and how did you read that from what I've said?? Lmao!! :-D

"Oh it's no big deal if we lose that..."You wrote this.
    Apologies if I intepreted it wrong
    Cloud storage isn't free to begin with. Assuming that you are not in a secure wifi zone, all that transferring u$e$ data. I prefer the sd cards in my phones any day. I have over 20 gb of music (in relatively small wma files) and growing on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly.

"Oh it's no big deal if we lose that..."You wrote this.
    Apologies if I intepreted it wrong
    You forgot the "or if it goes down." part. Either or. Unless you make it a habit of only picking a small part taken out of context to reply to...

11-10-16 11:30 AM
    Yes. I have dozens of memory cards between my phones, cameras, and other things. I've had an issue with ONE EVER. And I am out in areas without data coverage all of the time. So between the chances of google having issues, bad data coverage, or data services having issues, it's a much higher chance than my sd card failing. Next.

I have always had issues with SD cards on my Camera, and once in my Z10. I have had issues with my Hard Disk failing.
    But, I never had issues with my Cloud Storage to date. So I can't accept that argument. I don't have Data Coverage issues in the country I reside either
    11-10-16 11:32 AM
    You forgot the "or if it goes down." part. Either or. Unless you make it a habit of only picking a small part taken out of context to reply to...

Lol its a bit too much

Dtek 60 is way better than Pixel, better 'Value' for money, I accept!
    Inspite of this, pixel will sell in millions while dtek in thousands
    11-10-16 11:36 AM
    Apples and oranges. Z10 has an OS different from the competitors and Q10/Classic has pkb and OS different. If there was comparable options with the same for less, then yes, you have a point. Here we are comparing two Androids, then it's an equal comparison.

Not buying this point.
    It doesn't need huge brains to acknowledge that BB10 was a failure because of No Apps and a really Pathetic intial 10.0/10.1 release full of bugs and no features and pathetic Camera. And we paid huge bucks to get that product. No need to even think about comparing with say the Galaxy S2 which was the Orange which came out then
    11-10-16 11:51 AM
    I have always had issues with SD cards on my Camera, and once in my Z10. I have had issues with my Hard Disk failing.
    But, I never had issues with my Cloud Storage to date. So I can't accept that argument. I don't have Data Coverage issues in the country I reside either
    You need to buy better memory cards and harddrives... Let me guess, Verbatim memory cards and Seagate harddrives?? Lol

11-10-16 11:51 AM
    Lol its a bit too much

Dtek 60 is way better than Pixel, better 'Value' for money, I accept!
    Inspite of this, pixel will sell in millions while dtek in thousands
    Well, don't think it's "better" than the Pixel since everyone's needs and wants are different, but for some others here and myself it would be because having expandable memory is crucial for us, but anyway, the Pixel selling better is a given. The name BB will hold the DTEK60 back even if it was better in every respect (which it isn't).

11-10-16 11:53 AM
    Not buying this point.
    It doesn't need huge brains to acknowledge that BB10 was a failure because of No Apps and a really Pathetic intial 10.0/10.1 release full of bugs and no features and pathetic Camera. And we paid huge bucks to get that product. No need to even think about comparing with say the Galaxy S2 which was the Orange which came out then
    You're not getting the point. Let's look at me for an example, having a pkb is more important than having access to 1000 apps to make fart noises or 200 social media apps. And maybe for many people communications is the most important thing so the hub could be a feature we didn't want to live without. So basically if these things applied to anyone, then those devices were not a bad value since they were the only devices to have what we want/need so there would be nothing to compare it to.

11-10-16 11:56 AM
    You need to buy better memory cards and harddrives... Let me guess, Verbatim memory cards and Seagate harddrives?? Lol

If you think my knowledge on technology is on the Seagate Level...sorry I can't help change your ideas for the sake of argument. I work in Data Centers and closely work with people like DELL, I work on Cloud security, I work on Mobile Device Management, I work with IT technologies every single day...its my bread and butter, so I know what I am talking about.

Arguements never have a conclusion do they. So for the moment, lets stop the battle... Peace :P
    11-10-16 12:07 PM
    Well, don't think it's "better" than the Pixel since everyone's needs and wants are different, but for some others here and myself it would be because having expandable memory is crucial for us, but anyway, the Pixel selling better is a given. The name BB will hold the DTEK60 back even if it was better in every respect (which it isn't).

I Agree
    11-10-16 12:09 PM
    If you think my knowledge on technology is on the Seagate Level...sorry I can't help change your ideas for the sake of argument. I work in Data Centers and closely work with people like DELL, I work on Cloud security, I work on Mobile Device Management, I work with IT technologies every single day...its my bread and butter, so I know what I am talking about.

Arguements never have a conclusion do they. So for the moment, lets stop the battle... Peace :P
    So you are comparing a commercial level of usage with a consumer level usage argument? You do realize that you definitely would experience more issues with those things than any of us would right??

11-10-16 12:11 PM
    So you are comparing a commercial level of usage with a consumer level usage argument? You do realize that you definitely would experience more issues with those things than any of us would right??

Lol I think either you are sleepy or its me.
    Maybe me....time to sleep bye. PEACE!
    11-10-16 12:26 PM
    I see you only paid attention to half of what was written.

I said value is the fundamental measure of economic transactions in every case, which is a function of what you receive for the price you pay. When the incremental benefit of a 40%+ increase in cost is extremely small (which is the differential here between the Pixel, iPhone or S7Edge and the DTEK60) it's basically impossible to make the value argument work for the others. Never mind the additional incremental and recurring expense of using data to access things in the cloud (which is not free.)

Were the DTEK60 priced at $699 it would not be a winner simply because at an equilibrium price the small incremental improvements in the others would arguably win. But at $499 that 40% additional cost .vs. those same incremental improvements is a huge​ lose.
    I don't see where you've accounted for the residual value on resale in your math. The initial cost is certainly higher but I'm speculating the resale value of the 60 in a year will be very low or non-existent for this limited market device compared to the XL unless the Pixel turns out to be a total flop. When accounting for say a $300 resale difference in favor of the XL the difference in the initial cost is marginalized. If true then it really isn't so much a monetary decision but rather which features you prefer.
    11-10-16 12:59 PM
    I don't see where you've accounted for the residual value on resale in your math. The initial cost is certainly higher but I'm speculating the resale value of the 60 in a year will be very low or non-existent for this limited market device compared to the XL unless the Pixel turns out to be a total flop. When accounting for say a $300 resale difference in favor of the XL the difference in the initial cost is marginalized. If true then it really isn't so much a monetary decision but rather which features you prefer.
    I've never seen an Android device that manages to hold materially better than 50% of its initial cost as a used device a year down the road. A Nexus 6 can easily be had for $200 used here and now; that was a $650 phone at release. A factory refurbished Nexus 6 is $249 at Newegg.

You are going to take more depreciation in terms of dollars with the Pixel and if the "unlimited" cloud storage turns out to disappear or just be non-transferable then the "value" of said device will crater into the ground since its storage is not expandable.
    11-10-16 01:15 PM
    Cmon guys, I think it is neither about which one is more superior nor which one is the best bang for your buck. Maybe you could just say your opinion why you chose yours instead of having a discussion which one is better for everyone in the world. That's it.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-10-16 01:26 PM
    I've never seen an Android device that manages to hold materially better than 50% of its initial cost as a used device a year down the road. A Nexus 6 can easily be had for $200 used here and now; that was a $650 phone at release. A factory refurbished Nexus 6 is $249 at Newegg.

You are going to take more depreciation in terms of dollars with the Pixel and if the "unlimited" cloud storage turns out to disappear or just be non-transferable then the "value" of said device will crater into the ground since its storage is not expandable.
    I have easily sold my nexus devices 1 year later for 50% or better their original cost. Sold my wifes Nexus 5x for $250 last week after owning it for year and buying it for $430 on release. Same with my oneplus devices. The secondary market is a huge part of what i look at when buying devices.
    11-10-16 01:59 PM
    I have been able to sell BB devices for good prices, don't see why it would all of a sudden be different for the DTEK60, it's not like you'll be forced to sell to google fanboys, most likely you'll find someone else who wants a BB Android who would be willing to pay a fair amount for it.

11-10-16 02:04 PM
    I choose DTEK60.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 02:14 PM
    I have easily sold my nexus devices 1 year later for 50% or better their original cost. Sold my wifes Nexus 5x for $250 last week after owning it for year and buying it for $430 on release. Same with my oneplus devices. The secondary market is a huge part of what i look at when buying devices.
    This has been my experience with my family's iphones and Nexus products i.e. around 50% after a year. BB, not so lucky at least in Vancouver since no one wants them. Maybe 20-30%??
    11-10-16 02:17 PM
118 ... 2345