Just wanted to know, when both are androids, how come productivity of DTEK60 can be better than android. Just wanted to understand your point of view.

I know bb10 productivity is better than android. But in this case, both are built on same OS
    BlackBerry Android not only has the app suite (including HUB, calendar, contacts), but swipe up gestures, productivity tab, BlackBerry keyboard, and BB10-style active frame screen.
    babugaru1 and PantherBlitz like this.
    11-10-16 12:00 AM
    Google Pixel anytime.

Just think for yourself, will you like to stay in sinking Titanic or board on the small boat to save yourself.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:06 AM
    In the US the Pixel is Verizon exclusive and the DTek doesn't work on Verizon. Pick your carrier first.

Also currently the DTek is not fully supported on AT&T because mobile Hotspot is disabled.
    11-10-16 01:37 AM
    BlackBerry Android not only has the app suite (including HUB, calendar, contacts), but swipe up gestures, productivity tab, BlackBerry keyboard, and BB10-style active frame screen.
    wow, I dont know this so far. It has active frame screen really? It means apps will be minimized when we swipe them up like in bb10?

If you don't mind, can you please share the link of any video which explain all the above features.
    11-10-16 01:44 AM
    I'd like a Pixel with Nougat and the DTEK60 price and BlackBerry software (keyboard, Hub, etc.)
    11-10-16 01:51 AM
    [QUOTE=babugaru1;12661174]wow, I dont know this so far. It has active frame screen really? It means apps will be minimized when we swipe them up like in bb10?

Nope you can't do that in Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 02:18 AM
    [QUOTE=BlackBerryPassport;12661187]
    wow, I dont know this so far. It has active frame screen really? It means apps will be minimized when we swipe them up like in bb10?

Nope you can't do that in Android.

Posted via CB10
    Then how active frame works?
    11-10-16 03:32 AM
    [QUOTE=babugaru1;12661216]

Then how active frame works?
    Can rearrange the 'Active Frame Style' as bb10 but it will never be like swiping up as in bb10.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 03:51 AM
    Easy. Peasy. The DTEK60. Even the guy I initially spoke with at Best Buy said he was getting one over the Pixel. All the BlackBerry goodness too and an SD card. Way cheaper too. Lovin' mine. No regrets.
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-10-16 09:27 AM
    Google Pixel anytime.

Just think for yourself, will you like to stay in sinking Titanic or board on the small boat to save yourself.

Posted via CB10
    Is Android sinking? How is the Dtek60 possibly encumbering it's user? Even if BlackBerry quits handsets tomorrow, your phone isn't going to suddenly turn off.

Your pixel might, however, if it gets rooted.

Easy choice.... save your money.... dtek60 is better value by any measure.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    11-10-16 10:01 AM
    Is Android sinking? How is the Dtek60 possibly encumbering it's user? Even if BlackBerry quits handsets tomorrow, your phone isn't going to suddenly turn off.

Your pixel might, however, if it gets rooted.

Easy choice.... save your money.... dtek60 is better value by any measure.

Posted via CB10
    Regarding the Pixel, if their cloud service goes down, you have no access to your files, or if they one day decide to stop providing free cloud storage, now you're stuck with a phone without expandable memory...

Would be an amazing scheme, after a bunch of people buys the Pixel and loads up the cloud storage, announce that it will become a paid subscription service, profit, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-10-16 10:12 AM
    Regarding the Pixel, if their cloud service goes down, you have no access to your files, or if they one day decide to stop providing free cloud storage, now you're stuck with a phone without expandable memory...

Would be an amazing scheme, after a bunch of people buys the Pixel and loads up the cloud storage, announce that it will become a paid subscription service, profit, lol.

This is exactly what will happen. It has every time before, by the way.

Who remembers the "unlimited" (or extremely large) "free" Dropbox accounts? I had one for years, along with Box. Dropbox cut it way back (even though I was allegedly "grandfathered") and Box cut it out entirely. Netflix pricing anyone?

Google will do so as well, since that's how this game is played. Get you hooked then "poof" goes the "free" (or teaser.) Why do you think they call them "teaser rates"?
    11-10-16 10:23 AM
    Well after researching the Pixel a bit i was going to purchase it for Nougant 7 and the Camera with 128gb - but after ready so many issues with halo effect and it being a hardware problem - sticking with BlackBerry for another year.
    11-10-16 10:31 AM
    This is exactly what will happen. It has every time before, by the way.

Who remembers the "unlimited" (or extremely large) "free" Dropbox accounts? I had one for years, along with Box. Dropbox cut it way back (even though I was allegedly "grandfathered") and Box cut it out entirely. Netflix pricing anyone?

Google will do so as well, since that's how this game is played. Get you hooked then "poof" goes the "free" (or teaser.) Why do you think they call them "teaser rates"?
    The way you guys speak is as if we are talking about a 16GB phone with just 6 GB available for user. Ok, google cloud may go down for some hours and one could miss accessing pics and videos all that while...big deal. Agreed...what you are talking about end of unlimited storage could happen one day. But Cmon, people don't use smartphones for a life time these days. Technology change and tastes change. If someone prefers Pixel so be it. I have nothing against Dtek 60...great phone for the price. But I liked the Pixel aesthetics and feel like a better phone than Dtek in different areas, personal opinion.
    11-10-16 10:35 AM
    The way you guys speak is as if we are talking about a 16GB phone with just 6 GB available for user. Ok, google cloud may go down for some hours and one could miss accessing pics and videos all that while...big deal. Agreed...what you are talking about end of unlimited storage could happen one day. But Cmon, people don't use smartphones for a life time these days. Technology change and tastes change. If someone prefers Pixel so be it. I have nothing against Dtek 60...great phone for the price. But I liked the Pixel aesthetics looks like a better phone than Dtek, personal opinion.
    I have several additional issues that the Pixel cannot address.

First, I have over 100Gb of music and movies on my phone, I like them there, and have no intention of NOT having access to them all the time. Most of my music is FLAC files, which are large. This all fits on a 128Gb SD card, but won't fit in the phone. If I put it on the cloud then one of my primary uses for that -- to access it when NOT in a place I can use cell data or WiFi -- disappears.

Where might I want to do that? While camping. While on an airplane. While in a place where I have no cell coverage. All things I do quite frequently.

This leaves aside the embedded "screw you" of being dependent on a company for cloud storage with no promise they won't hose me down the road.
    11-10-16 10:40 AM

First, I have over 100Gb of music and movies on my phone, I like them there, and have no intention of NOT having access to them all the time. Most of my music is FLAC files, which are large. This all fits on a 128Gb SD card, but won't fit in the phone. If I put it on the cloud then one of my primary uses for that -- to access it when NOT in a place I can use cell data or WiFi -- disappears.

Where might I want to do that? While camping. While on an airplane. While in a place where I have no cell coverage. All things I do quite frequently.

This leaves aside the embedded "screw you" of being dependent on a company for cloud storage with no promise they won't hose me down the road.
    While giving out such lame excuses for blaming a model, do you realise that Apple provides even lesser storage space than Pixel and all those great number of people have no trouble in using Apple as their lone phone? Agreed...if you depend so much for music and storage, then Apple and Pixel and such other 'NO SD CARD' phones are not suitable for YOU. Doesn't mean that the phone is bad neither doesn't mean than a DTEK is better than those.
    11-10-16 10:44 AM
    The way you guys speak is as if we are talking about a 16GB phone with just 6 GB available for user. Ok, google cloud may go down for some hours and one could miss accessing pics and videos all that while...big deal. Agreed...what you are talking about end of unlimited storage could happen one day. But Cmon, people don't use smartphones for a life time these days. Technology change and tastes change. If someone prefers Pixel so be it. I have nothing against Dtek 60...great phone for the price. But I liked the Pixel aesthetics and feel like a better phone than Dtek in different areas, personal opinion.
    "Oh it's no big deal if we lose that or if it goes down." Google approves of your message and sends their thanks.

11-10-16 10:45 AM
    "Oh it's no big deal if we lose that or if it goes down." Google approves of your message and sends their thanks.

You think Google will lose your Data. If thats what you think, then you have no idea about how google Data Storage Works.
    11-10-16 10:46 AM

Cmon Man, I am another BlackBerry fan like you a die hard one you could say. That doesn't mean you blindly blame another product. If you read my previous posts in this same thread, I clearly said that Dtek 60 is the wise choice for the cash. Doesn't mean Dtek is a better phone than Pixel...this is the point I am trying to make.
    11-10-16 10:49 AM

One Question or rather an Arguement I want to make here is that... 'The probability of your SD card faulting and losing data is more than Google losing its data or going down for hours'. Do you think else?
    11-10-16 10:52 AM
    Cmon Man, I am another BlackBerry fan like you a die hard one you could say. That doesn't mean you blindly blame another product. If you read my previous posts in this same thread, I clearly said that Dtek 60 is the wise choice for the cash. Doesn't mean Dtek is a better phone than Pixel...this is the point I am trying to make.
    All purchasing decisions are measured against the asking price. ​Always.

The concept is called "value" and it's a fundamental part of economics that is in fact immutable. It has existed long before there were cellphones, and will exist long after we all have chips embedded in our brains.
    11-10-16 10:54 AM
    All purchasing decisions are measured against the asking price. ​Always.

The concept is called "value" and it's a fundamental part of economics that is in fact immutable. It has existed long before there were cellphones, and will exist long after we all have chips embedded in our brains.
    If that is the case, we BlackBerrrians would not have bought a Z10 or a Q10 for that damn expensiveness. You would probably chose another less expensive brand if you cared about value. So, 'Always' doesn't hold true 'Always'
    11-10-16 11:01 AM

Cloud storage isn't free to begin with. Assuming that you are not in a secure wifi zone, all that transferring u$e$ data. I prefer the sd cards in my phones any day. I have over 20 gb of music (in relatively small wma files) and growing on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    11-10-16 11:12 AM
    If that is the case, we BlackBerrrians would not have bought a Z10 or a Q10 for that damn expensiveness. You would probably chose another less expensive brand if you cared about value. So, 'Always' doesn't hold true 'Always'
    I see you only paid attention to half of what was written.

I said value is the fundamental measure of economic transactions in every case, which is a function of what you receive for the price you pay. When the incremental benefit of a 40%+ increase in cost is extremely small (which is the differential here between the Pixel, iPhone or S7Edge and the DTEK60) it's basically impossible to make the value argument work for the others. Never mind the additional incremental and recurring expense of using data to access things in the cloud (which is not free.)

Were the DTEK60 priced at $699 it would not be a winner simply because at an equilibrium price the small incremental improvements in the others would arguably win. But at $499 that 40% additional cost .vs. those same incremental improvements is a huge​ lose.
    11-10-16 11:13 AM

Exactly. Same reason why I would never consider a phone without sd card support...

11-10-16 11:18 AM
118 12345