^ in all fairness I think the pixel xl would need to be compared?

Posted via CB10
    similar price range? it is fair to compare at pixel level... target customer willingness to pay (what is my pocket money that can buy me at x dollar)... not compare who has the best flagship phone...
    10-14-16 08:47 AM
    You guys can't deny the dtek looks slick as hell.

Just a few things I want to clear up,

Is this phone really 7 mm thin ? If so itl be the thinnest blackberry I have used in my life,

It also looks like it had a full glass body? I think that's awesome as well!

Loving the hardware and everything about it .

Will decide which to pick up after I see the Mercury as I'm still a pkb boy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The picture looks good but we can't say for sure that will be the final product. It has not been officially unveiled yet. I do hope that the pictures are not just a prototype.
    10-14-16 09:17 AM
    Anecdotally speaking about battery life...what i can say is this...

(looking at 24 hr+ battery usage)
    Note: brightness always at ~80% full, wifi, bt, location, nfc always on)

100% charge at 6pm
    @9am the next day - ~57%
    @10am charged device to 98%
    being connected to wifi all day and using the phone (answering emails, phone calls, random browsing web etc.)
    @2pm ~55%
    (knowing i wouldn't be able to charge my device until next morning....i plugged in)
    @3:30pm ish - 82%
    UNPLUGGED ( evening usage: e-mail handling, more social chatting/browsing, videos, games etc.)
    @10am the following day 20%

I don't know if you would consider this good or bad, but thought i would pre-share...

look for official announcements soon....

Dev J
    Product Manager - BlackBerry
    howarmat, Ecm, zephyr613 and 5 others like this.
    10-14-16 09:39 AM
    I have 700.00 burning a hole in my pocket. Just gimme the damn phone. Although I was looking at the Pixel and XL , no SD expandable memory is a deal breaker.
    10-14-16 09:42 AM

100% charge at 6pm
    @9am the next day - ~57%
    being connected to wifi all day and using the phone (answering emails, phone calls, random browsing web etc.)
    @2pm ~55%
    (knowing i wouldn't be able to charge my device until next morning....i plugged in)
    UNPLUGGED ( evening usage: e-mail handling, more social chatting/browsing, videos, games etc.)

I don't know if you would consider this good or bad, but thought i would pre-share...

Dev J
    Hopefully you don't get pre-fired for pre-sharing!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 09:42 AM
    I have 700.00 burning a hole in my pocket. Just gimme the damn phone. Although I was looking at the Pixel and XL , no SD expandable memory is a deal breaker.
    I will need brakes on my 2014 Charger, your $700 might pay for the front
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-14-16 10:35 AM

100% charge at 6pm
    @9am the next day - ~57%
    @2pm ~55%

Dev J
    But will it REALLY be released?? Or is the decision still up in the air?
    10-14-16 10:36 AM

100% charge at 6pm
    @9am the next day - ~57%
    @2pm ~55%

Dev J
    Dev J- are you a real product mgr at BB? (wow, look like you are for real! i have to think about what i suppose to do with my BB share;-) scary! did you really use dtek 60? test unit or shippable unit? did they want you to test how fast it drain the battery using droid software? just to see worst case or test for charge, recharge frequency to see if there is any battery memory effect?
    How to fix Android Marshmallow Wifi Battery Drain - Battery - Android Smartphones
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/10...llow-problems/
    Last edited by stlabrat; 10-14-16 at 11:32 AM.
    10-14-16 10:42 AM
    I think it looks bland, nothing wow about it. I remember the days of the Z10 and Z30, BlackBerry somehow could design interesting and good-looking phones. Unfortunately, since they are practically dead in that department I guess we will have to stick with Alcatel.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 10:48 AM
    ^ Z10 not very attractive phone in my mind. The Z30 is. I actually think the d60 is very attractive with curved edges on the side and glass back. I bet the round corners make the phone very nice to hold.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 11:29 AM
    Hopefully you don't get pre-fired for pre-sharing!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe this part of BlackBerry's marketing

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-14-16 11:43 AM
    Maybe this part of BlackBerry's marketing

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    +1. can't wait to see the actual non-pre event.
    10-14-16 11:46 AM
    TCL did a great job on the design but I still prefer blackberry design like classic, passport, q10, z30, z10.
    You're either blind or over 60YO!!! brother, blackberry has the WORST designers of all time. People like you is why blackberry's HW department failed. I have surveyed tens of people with passport and Priv, they find it the UGLIEST things ever.

I'm glad chen fired the entire incompetent designers.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-14-16 01:01 PM
    I don't think it's going to be 399 in 6 months
    Since they aren't piling up inventory they don't need to wrote down any

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Yeah but the specs will be quite old by android standards in six months. They'll have to drop the price to match the market.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 01:20 PM
    Yeah but the specs will be quite old by android standards in six months. They'll have to drop the price to match the market.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they want to be part of that rat race
    they would only do that when the phone has really sold I'm good numbers and a follow up model is coming up

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-14-16 01:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    6 month? (new platform when you say new spec) you can't even get carrier qualification that fast. At least not in North America or EU.. let me know who spin phone every 6 month... sammy? see what happen to rush to market?
    10-14-16 02:04 PM
    6 month? (new platform when you say new spec) you can't even get carrier qualification that fast. At least not in North America or EU.. let me know who spin phone every 6 month... sammy? see what happen to rush to market?
    His point is 821 is already out
    In 6 months there might be a couple of phones with the 830. Or they might have been announced.
    I'm android flagship territory 820 will be outdated unfortunately

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-14-16 02:42 PM
    His point is 821 is already out
    In 6 months there might be a couple of phones with the 830. Or they might have been announced.
    I'm android flagship territory 820 will be outdated unfortunately

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    i see. but rumor still out there for 830 with 10 nm tech... best wish for qualcomm to be on target... switch from 14 to 10 nm is a big jump. i would stay with 820 for a while until 10 nm become stabilized... cutting edge and bleeding edge is not fun... 14 nm still got a lot to run. 10 nm will be $$ just consider the new test platform need to be established and qualified. "The move to decrease the 14nm to the 10nm in the Snapdragon 830 is expected to bring enhanced performance and a reduction in power requirements based on the familiar physical footprint. Additionally, the Snapdragon 830 is expected to bring the same dual-configuration that is built in the Snapdragon 820."
    10-14-16 03:04 PM
    I think a skin instead of a case would suit your needs... the battery life will depend as always on user's case to case, bigger screen but newer processor... who knows, maybe this phone will do better, time will tell... I will hold for the mercury since I need a pkb, but for all the touch screen users, this is what they always ask about...

I'm actually worried about the glass back. I prefer to keep my phones naked. I really wish it was some other material, rubber type or carbon weave ala Z30. Will the glass not be susceptible to cracking. I mean usually if you drop a phone and damage it somewhere it is the glass screen first. Now it will be the glass back also.
    I also wouldn't have minded a couple of mm thicker for a bigger battery. Guess one can't have everything.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-14-16 03:19 PM
    You're either blind or over 60YO!!! brother, blackberry has the WORST designers of all time. People like you is why blackberry's HW department failed. I have surveyed tens of people with passport and Priv, they find it the UGLIEST things ever.

I'm glad chen fired the entire incompetent designers.

Posted via CB10
    Chill out man lol. I love passport design! Silver and white OMG so sexy!!!!
    10-14-16 06:08 PM
    Yeah these phones look amazing. Does anyone know if BlackBerry will make a leather back case without the flip cover front? That would be my ideal case on this thing.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    10-14-16 11:07 PM
    Yeah these phones look amazing. Does anyone know if BlackBerry will make a leather back case without the flip cover front? That would be my ideal case on this thing.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah saw that kind of case on Samsung s7 looks really nice

posted via the last true BlackBerry
    10-14-16 11:31 PM
    I don't like a glass back. They have been tried and they are not practical.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 02:24 AM
    I don't like a glass back. They have been tried and they are not practical.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately very few people want what is practical

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-15-16 02:29 AM
    honestly i would have like a non glass back and 3500 mah battery over the thinness. the "bend" test on this thing will be ugly
    As interested as I am in this phone, the glass back may be a deal-breaker for me. I always use TPU skins on my phones, so I don't really care about the "premium materials" look, but even with a TPU skin the glass introduces a pointless (from my point of view) element of fragility. I'd opt for more battery as well. I think 3,000 mAh is a minimum for a well-speced Android phone these days, but maybe it's optimized enough to make that a non-issue.
    10-15-16 02:35 PM
73 123