01-25-18 04:30 PM
    I guess my 7 month old Dtek60 is done with updates. still on Nov. Too bad. it's a nice phone. Takes great pictures.
    01-26-18 06:42 AM
    I guess my 7 month old Dtek60 is done with updates. still on Nov. Too bad. it's a nice phone. Takes great pictures.
    Mine updated to Jan patch on Jan 23rd. I don't think it's over yet.
    01-26-18 06:59 AM
    Mine updated to Jan patch on Jan 23rd. I don't think it's over yet.
    Did you have to do the workaround? But you got Dec. I didn't. I wonder if I didn't get Dec because my Dtek60 has always been last to get it, and it was pulled before they sent it to me?
    01-26-18 07:07 AM
    Did you have to do the workaround? But you got Dec. I didn't. I wonder if I didn't get Dec because my Dtek60 has always been last to get it, and it was pulled before they sent it to me?
    I did the Play Services dance, yes. That will always be the case going forward it seems.
    01-26-18 07:10 AM
    very very very very tnx
    01-28-18 07:34 AM
    Still no December update in Denmark. And no January either.
    01-30-18 06:36 AM
    I haven't got any either
    01-30-18 02:22 PM
    Me neither. USA on Nov.
    02-01-18 08:00 AM
    Still no December update in Denmark. And no January either.
    I haven't got any either
    Me neither. USA on Nov.
    Can you help us out here?

/blackberry-dtek50-f454/dtek50-dtek60-device-variants-1135842/
    02-01-18 08:02 AM
    02-01-18 08:29 AM
    I have recently got a new DTEK 60 by BlackBerry because my old one had some kind of camera issues and while it was still on warranty they send me a new one. The thing is that when I enter the IMEI number of my new handset to this site https://us.blackberry.com/support/contact I get that this IMEI number doesn't exist in their database!! Why it's not in their database? I am wondering if this is the cause of not getting any security updates anymore ...
    02-01-18 09:53 AM
    I have recently got a new DTEK 60 by BlackBerry because my old one had some kind of camera issues and while it was still on warranty they send me a new one. The thing is that when I enter the IMEI number of my new handset to this site https://us.blackberry.com/support/contact I get that this IMEI number doesn't exist in their database!! Why it's not in their database? I am wondering if this is the cause of not getting any security updates anymore ...
    Blackberry no longer supports the DTEK series of phones. Try contacting BlackBerry Mobile instead.
    02-01-18 10:29 AM
    Can't open link on my phone. What is it?
    02-01-18 10:37 AM
    I did the Play Services dance, yes. That will always be the case going forward it seems.
    That is ridiculous - and that is putting it nicely - that people will have to do that dance going forward.

On the other hand, I haven't even been offered an update for my DTEK60 in two months (still on the Nov 6th patch). I'll fill out your survey, conite.
    02-01-18 07:33 PM
    Are you trying to do so on your phone? I encountered that same problem several months ago. They asked if I could try using my laptop, and that worked. Don't ask why...
    02-02-18 03:42 AM
    I tried in every way, I send them an email explaining everything and they prompt me to call the support center in Germany because there was the handset bought but I don't live there.... So no support for me I guess
    02-02-18 05:18 AM
    I tried in every way, I send them an email explaining everything and they prompt me to call the support center in Germany because there was the handset bought but I don't live there.... So no support for me I guess
    I would expect you could ship it both ways at your expense. No?
    02-02-18 05:33 AM
    I would expect you could ship it both ways at your expense. No?
    I have shipped my old one and they send me a new but the IMEI of the new one it troubles me because it not in blackberry's database that's all . I think that might be the reason for not getting any security updates or not, I am just guessing
    02-02-18 05:42 AM
    I have shipped my old one and they send me a new but the IMEI of the new one it troubles me because it not in blackberry's database that's all . I think that might be the reason for not getting any security updates or not, I am just guessing
    What update are you on? Did you speak with BB support regarding IMEI?
    02-02-18 05:44 AM
    What update are you on? Did you speak with BB support regarding IMEI?
    I received my new DTEK 60 in late November and it had already the November security update and I am still in that, no December nor January updates... I am searching for an email address of the German support center but no luck at the moment
    02-02-18 05:51 AM
    I received my new DTEK 60 in late November and it had already the November security update and I am still in that, no December nor January updates... I am searching for an email address of the German support center but no luck at the moment
    I would call them and explain the situation. The whole "lost in translation" issue regarding potential solutions is sometimes lost in email.
    02-02-18 05:53 AM
    I would call them and explain the situation. The whole "lost in translation" issue regarding potential solutions is sometimes lost in email.
    This could solve my issue but the point is that I don't live I Germany, I am not German and "mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut" if you know what I mean . So I find it totally useless to call a German support center without being capable to explain the situation, that is why I prefer doing via email. Anyway thanks for your reply
    02-02-18 06:38 AM
    I replied to this issue last night [Feb 4] but can't find my posting at the moment, but here is an interesting Android Central story:

https://www.androidcentral.com/solvi...ndroid-updates

This website explains how Google Play interferes with the updating process probably with all Android phones. The telcom provider or the brand manufacturing the phone would have to put out the kind of notification BlackBerry did for this update, to bypass Google Play. Goes to show either he old BlackBerry OS 10 was better at controlling its own system, and apparently Apple has it's own updating process too, it is the Android world that is chaotic at the moment.
    02-05-18 11:21 AM
    I just got the January 5, 2018 Android security patch this morning. It is build number AAT497. Before that I was on the November 6, 2018 Android security patch level.

As a point of comparison I had dinner with my business partner and his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (carrier Bell Canada) is on the November 1, 2017 Android security patch level. Ironically he is the one who told me to get a BlackBerry and not an iPhone because I need something serious for business and he said the iPhone is a toy. I do not play games on my smartphone because I have a PlayStation and a HDTV at home albeit not as much free time as I would like.

A lot of people complain about BlackBerry and say they will move to another brand. Samsung is the largest Android smartphone brand by volume and their timeliness with updates leaves a lot to be desired. On top of that the DTEK60 was CA$650 at launch and for that price you are getting 2 years of security updates (after the PRIV I do not think and do not expect more than 2 years of security updates). Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other Android device for CA$650/US$499 that is supported for 2 years with security updates.

Am I 100% satisfied? No. Am I satisfied with what I am getting given the price? Yes. Also if I wanted the latest updates the day they come out, and I wanted to spend the extra money, then I would have gone with the iPhone or Google Pixel.

Think that should be 'probably' rather than 'may'
    The problems encountered with the December 'fiasco' regarding 'uninstalling, then updating, then reinstalling' various apps/software just to get the update to install, (and BB's reluctance to rectify the problem) signals the end...
    Google offers 2 years support for each OS, yet BB/TCL/BBMo decides it can't be bothered after less than 18 MONTHS....

Personally think there will be no more updates for either Dteks, but no official announcement (as per usual!!) we will just be left 'guessing' again....
    02-06-18 07:51 PM
312 ... 10111213