My DTEK60 from B&H says I'm all up to date when I check for updates. I have the November 2017 update.

I go to the DTEK app and it shows "Excellent" security status. But am I excellent? (I am, but is the phone?). The DTEK app shows the November patch, yet the December patch has been released (allegedly).

So what's going on? The DTEK app is lying to me? I'm not secure? They should make the DTEK app act as the core pillar in updating and managing security for the BB phones. Shouldn't the DTEK app take an active role in security, rather than passive?

The DTEK app should connect through the Internet to BBMo, or where ever, and see what the latest update is. "Oh... you are on the November patch... but the December one is available... tap here to download the latest update". The end. When the latest BB update is available it should be tagged with a severity level. So if it's serious, the DTEK app can throw a notification of "Poor security" and mark in red: "Tap to get latest update to be secure".
    Same here. B&H Dtek60, no Dec update. I almost don't care anymore. 50 has Dec. Haven't checked Jan.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    01-11-18 02:53 AM
    Same here. B&H Dtek60, no Dec update. I almost don't care anymore. 50 has Dec. Haven't checked Jan.

The 50 has been more regular on updates for me than 60. Probably reflects more 50s sold than 60s. At this point, I've moved on to KEYone and inexpensive A30 Plus. I'm looking at the Motion but I don't want factory unlocked only in USA like the DTEK were. If AT&T picks up the Motion, I'll get it. For now, quicker updates don't replace the backing of AT&T with service and support of their infrastructure.
    01-11-18 08:55 AM
    The 50 has been more regular on updates for me than 60. Probably reflects more 50s sold than 60s. At this point, I've moved on to KEYone and inexpensive A30 Plus. I'm looking at the Motion but I don't want factory unlocked only in USA like the DTEK were. If AT&T picks up the Motion, I'll get it. For now, quicker updates don't replace the backing of AT&T with service and support of their infrastructure.
    I agree with you. For the past 4 years all my phones have been factory unlocked. I don't have much hope of AT&T carrying the Motion, but maybe something else. I'm tired of "going it alone".

01-11-18 12:51 PM
    I agree with you. For the past 4 years all my phones have been factory unlocked. I don't have much hope of AT&T carrying the Motion, but maybe something else. I'm tired of "going it alone".

Sometime in the last couple years, I read article that explained flagship OEM slowed to down update rollout to allow carrier enough time for update to be reviewed for compatibility issues etc. If carrier had that much power??!!? It got me thinking just how much OEMs depend on carriers in NA or just USA.

The updates are getting better and support is not so I'm depending on the carrier for the foreseeable near-term. If AT&T won't carry the Motion, just like they didn't carry DTEK, there might be reasons beyond economics.
    01-11-18 12:58 PM
    If you think CB time is over, do what makes the USA great, exercise your personal freedoms and start your own competitor.
    Or do what truly has always made America great and vote with your feet and / or wallet.
    01-12-18 11:51 AM
    Or do what truly has always made America great and vote with your feet and / or wallet.
    Sure that's also possible. Not sure how I vote against CB with the wallet but if someone mentions a better site for BB that offers everything CB does to me, I'd join it. Please share any you know of.
    01-12-18 12:16 PM
    This thread has gotten horribly off tracks.. Now people are blaming CB for their own misfortunes (which, btw, could happen with any other smartphone brand). All I'm gonna say about the matter is that I've never read anything unreasonable from the guys from CB.

About the real topic, still waiting for the December update here on Brazil and awaiting anxiously for the KEYone to arrive here (need the pkb back)

P.S.: Does anyone know anything about the launching of the KEYone in Brazil? It was supposed to have happened in the last quarter of last year, according to the internet (sorry to have complained about going off topic and have done exactly the same..)
    01-12-18 01:51 PM
    Back to the December update matter, I did some digging here on the CB forums and this came up: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...8/index22.html

Apparently, some regions in Europe are suffering from delays in the OTA updates

Makes sense, since the ones that reported last about not having yet received the update are from Europe.

Plus, even though I'm in Brazil, my DTEK60 is an European model, BBA100-2, and I always seem to get the updates right after the last batch of the updates to arrive in Europe
    01-12-18 02:31 PM
    Some in the USA are also waiting for the December update
    moonflyer and baldy3577 like this.
    01-12-18 10:22 PM
    Some in the USA are also waiting for the December update
    I thought January update should have pushed out for you recently.
    01-13-18 06:00 AM
    IMHO there is no January update as of yet, and may never be.
    moonflyer and HughJarsse like this.
    01-13-18 10:57 AM
    Back to the December update matter, I did some digging here on the CB forums and this came up: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...8/index22.html

Apparently, some regions in Europe are suffering from delays in the OTA updates

Makes sense, since the ones that reported last about not having yet received the update are from Europe.

Plus, even though I'm in Brazil, my DTEK60 is an European model, BBA100-2, and I always seem to get the updates right after the last batch of the updates to arrive in Europe
    Nope. Dtek60, unlocked, in USA, no Dec update. Still.

01-17-18 03:45 PM
    Nope. Dtek60, unlocked, in USA, no Dec update. Still.

Sorry, I never meant to say that only the European models were late on security updates. The thread I posted was just to clarify why some European models are always late, regardless of device (including mine). DTEK60's late security updates are a hole different problem altogether.
    01-17-18 03:58 PM
    You need to uninstall Google Play services for this update to go through. I had to do this on both my DTEK60 and Priv...
    01-17-18 04:25 PM
    You mean that I have to uninstall Google play services for the Dec update to appear ? I thought you have to do the workaround for the installation of the update whenever it appears
    01-18-18 02:21 AM
    What I'm saying is that the Dec update will fail to install and validate unless you uninstall Google Play services.
    01-18-18 08:11 AM
    What I'm saying is that the Dec update will fail to install and validate unless you uninstall Google Play services.
    That's the second part of the problem. Some people (like me) hasn't even gotten the update to show up..
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-18-18 03:28 PM
    That's the second part of the problem. Some people (like me) hasn't even gotten the update to show up..
    Exactly...
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-18-18 03:41 PM
    Well then you don't have to uninstall GPS updates just yet...
    01-18-18 03:56 PM
    Still no update here in Canada for me.
    01-19-18 02:21 AM
    And still no update here in Denmark. Normally the updates show up a week or so later but this time it has gone.
    01-19-18 05:48 AM
    I got my DTEK60 back from service center after a 2 months journey of mails, phone calls and phone going back and forth.
    After testing it was finally properly repaired I factory reset it, started configuring it and the update appeared. Had to go through GPS services issue and it installed ok.
    I'm in Argentina with the unlocked US model bought directly from BlackBerry.
    01-19-18 08:31 AM
    No update for Hong Kong yet...
    01-23-18 04:56 AM
    IMHO there is no January update as of yet, and may never be.
    Think that should be 'probably' rather than 'may'
    The problems encountered with the December 'fiasco' regarding 'uninstalling, then updating, then reinstalling' various apps/software just to get the update to install, (and BB's reluctance to rectify the problem) signals the end...
    Google offers 2 years support for each OS, yet BB/TCL/BBMo decides it can't be bothered after less than 18 MONTHS....

Personally think there will be no more updates for either Dteks, but no official announcement (as per usual!!) we will just be left 'guessing' again....
    01-23-18 07:53 AM
    01-24-18 02:25 PM
312 ... 910111213