So, Talked to Blackberry Help on Twitter. Said do the 32 Second hold on the power key, then follow the instructions. But alas. Still can't uncheck the Find my phone. So still unable to update. No Answer from them since the last message hours ago..
    Install "Find my device" app then you'll be able to uncheck Find my device in Settings
    12-31-17 10:50 PM
    Now 2018 and still no December, 2017 security update!
    01-01-18 12:07 AM
    Thank you for all the help and suggestions! So. Installed the Find my Device.. Still couldn't un-tick. Then did the 32 Second and tryed to un-tick again, No luck. Then uninstalled the newly installed find my device. But the tickmark if you can believe it, is still there!. Beyond Frustrating.

What seems like such a simple process.. Isn't!

D.
    01-01-18 01:41 PM
    Bingo. Looks the same. Unable to un-tick the same box shown.
    Then you have an unrelated issue that will probably only be resolved with a factory reset.
    01-01-18 02:02 PM
    Do you have Developer Options turned on? Try doing that if not. Though I am not sure whether this will fix your issue. No harm checking.
    01-01-18 02:19 PM
    Thank you for all the help and suggestions! So. Installed the Find my Device.. Still couldn't un-tick. Then did the 32 Second and tryed to un-tick again, No luck. Then uninstalled the newly installed find my device. But the tickmark if you can believe it, is still there!. Beyond Frustrating.

What seems like such a simple process.. Isn't!

D.
    Do you have Developer Options turned on? Try doing that if not. Though I am not sure whether this will fix your issue. No harm checking.
    01-01-18 02:21 PM
    Hi still having the annoying ' update available' message. Been 3 weeks now , any advice please!?
    01-01-18 09:53 PM
    Hi still having the annoying ' update available' message. Been 3 weeks now , any advice please!?
    That will never change. You just have to follow the instructions to perform the update.
    01-01-18 11:00 PM
    What December update. It's now January 2018. Dtek60 on Tesco Mobile, Uk.
    01-02-18 04:50 PM
    Unable to complete the December update. Keep getting the same "verification failed" error message that others are getting.
    01-02-18 07:14 PM
    Restart does nothing.

Disable Find My Device from settings/security/administrators, uninstall Google Play Services updates, update OS.
    Worked for me,

Disabled FIND MY Device from settings/security/administrators

Disabled Google play services then enabled it and did the update.

Device restarted, asked for Gmail credentials, updated Google play services and all done.

I went and enabled again the Find My Device option.
    01-03-18 05:51 AM
    Did a friends 60 today. So, I now know I am not doing it wrong. Worked flawlessly on hers. Then went back to mine. Same steps. And.........

Arg....
    01-03-18 09:22 PM
    Did a friends 60 today. So, I now know I am not doing it wrong. Worked flawlessly on hers. Then went back to mine. Same steps. And.........

Arg....
    I think we already established that you have a second, unrelated problem.
    01-03-18 09:53 PM

Arg....
    I have two Dtek60's. Both purchased at the same time. I did mine first following instructions and worked with no issues update installed.
    I did the second one and have tried multiple times but the update will not install. Still get the "Verification failed"
    I put settings back as they were and will just wait for next update and see what happens.
    01-04-18 01:39 AM
    I have two Dtek60's. Both purchased at the same time. I did mine first following instructions and worked with no issues update installed.
    I did the second one and have tried multiple times but the update will not install. Still get the "Verification failed"
    I put settings back as they were and will just wait for next update and see what happens.
    Please enjoy being a beta tester of DTEK60. My experience with it suggests that it is a testing platform for which users have to pay to take part in. The only downside is that the beta-status was announced six months after the product was released...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    rcab and HughJarsse like this.
    01-04-18 04:14 AM
    Please enjoy being a beta tester of DTEK60. My experience with it suggests that it is a testing platform for which users have to pay to take part in. The only downside is that the beta-status was announced six months after the product was released...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Oh I'm aware of being a lab rat.

I steer everyone away from anything named Blackberry and when it's time to replace my two DTEK60's it will be some other brand.

And for the fanboy's please save typing the usual script to my comment it's been on repeat too long.
    01-04-18 06:07 AM
    Oh I'm aware of being a lab rat.

I steer everyone away from anything named Blackberry and when it's time to replace my two DTEK60's it will be some other brand.

And for the fanboy's please save typing the usual script to my comment it's been on repeat too long.
    I just cut and paste......same as you. LOL
    01-04-18 08:04 AM
    I think I will wait for January as well.. The thought of having to wipe it clean, then starting all over setting up after a year and a half, isn't my first choice! If the January fails as well, then I guess that will be the only option.

Thanks for the help, and suggestions.

D..
    01-04-18 08:49 AM
    Thanks for the help guys. I finally got it this morning. I did what was said and a few other little things over cell signal not WiFi but that part I don't think matters.

I turned off Android Device Manager or Find My Device in the security settings under device Administration. Then went over to Apps and Selected Google Play Services and Selected the right top menu (three dots) Select Uninstall Updates. (New steps I did were)

After that I did a force stop on Google play services too. And I turned off my VPN I have NordVPN. Then the update would install after the download. It says Dec 1 Now. So thanks. Take care and Merry Christmas.
    Finally I was able to download it. First it was the WiFi issue and I followed the instructions from BlackBerry. Then it was the verification problem for a whole month. Just follow the instructions above. What I was doing wrong is that I was disabling the Google Play Services after uninstalling the update. All you need to do is to force stop. Now I have the Dec 1 update
    01-05-18 12:42 AM
    I still don't even have received an update. But then again, it probably doesn't really matter as the KRACK issue was resolved already with the November update and the January update is just around the corner...
    01-05-18 01:20 AM
    By any chance, are you talking about the people who keep repeating the drivel about BB Android never being rooted? There have even been suggestions that there was a million (a million!) dollar bounty on rooting the Priv! And everyone that tried walked away with their tail between the legs. It's a legend often repeated in low tones in the hush corners of Crackberry. Don't tell skeptical outsiders, and most certainly don't fact check anything. You don't want to disturb the reality distortion field making so many feel cozy here. Nothing good can come out of it. Is that what you are thinking of...?
    01-05-18 01:34 AM
    Well now I made a fairly diligent attempt on it (the bounty is a grand, but it does exist) and failed. And I do have a record of succeeding in the past with other handsets....

A thousand bucks is my bar tab for a nice, long time -- never mind the bragging rights if I had succeeded. But... I did not.
    01-05-18 07:19 AM
    By any chance, are you talking about the people who keep repeating the drivel about BB Android never being rooted? There have even been suggestions that there was a million (a million!) dollar bounty on rooting the Priv! And everyone that tried walked away with their tail between the legs. It's a legend often repeated in low tones in the hush corners of Crackberry. Don't tell skeptical outsiders, and most certainly don't fact check anything. You don't want to disturb the reality distortion field making so many feel cozy here. Nothing good can come out of it. Is that what you are thinking of...?
    You seem to have issues with BB and my rooting comments. I've told you I'm no IT guy.

I solved the PRIV and DTEK problem. I bought a KEYone. It has Android 7.1 (Nougat is name I think) and since I bought AT&T carrier locked, it appears stuck on AAO750 from original September 5 carrier release. So I gave up December release for September release but I gained Nougat over Marshmallow. I know Oreo is out, but I couldn't find a PKB anywhere that had Oreo. Who cares? I replaced cracked DTEK screen with a new phone. I'm happy.

None of this matters when you realize, we're all discussing an obscure brand from another generation. We like the brand. If not, we can all buy the latest iPhone or Flagship Android.

I bought the KEYone from carrier BTW, to have AT&T handle any problems with BBMo, just like the old days with BB. The carriers strongpoint will always be leveraging service with all OEMs.
    01-05-18 08:30 AM
    January 5, 2018, 1:00 pm central time zone and still no December, 2017 security update on the replacement phone from BlackBerry. A software company that can't service the replacement phones that they issue.
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-05-18 01:04 PM
    January 5, 2018, 1:00 pm central time zone and still no December, 2017 security update on the replacement phone from BlackBerry. A software company that can't service the replacement phones that they issue.
    No update? Or verification error?
    01-05-18 01:25 PM
312 ... 678910 ...