Thanks. Doing this shows more apps but still no Google Play Services, unless it is called something quite different in French!
    C'est «Services Google play» en français... Hihi😁
    12-23-17 10:43 PM
    This solution did not work for me. So I did a factory reset.
    12-24-17 02:42 PM
    everything worked great. just like suggested. I came back to the forum to remind myself of the next steps. deselected find my device. install. find google play services and update. all cool. thanks for this forum. makes life with these devices so much easier when you don't code them yourself.
    bestera likes this.
    12-24-17 11:51 PM
    There is a problem with the BlackBerry DTEK 60 Just DTek 60 has a verification problem .
    Any other DTek like 50 has no problem.
    So at tnie pointer DTek 50 have December update and DTek 60 has a verification problem .
    I contacted BlackBerry and they respondentów to do a reset 32 second reset i did that with no success So my DTek 60 is albo stycznia on september update !!
    I was about to send it abroad to the Service center but thank God there is a crqckberry So no it is clear it is not only mine with think verification problem
    12-25-17 07:10 AM
    For me reset 32 second did not helped wtf they dont know w en how to make AN update . Thats pathetic
    12-25-17 07:13 AM
    For me reset 32 second did not helped wtf they dont know w en how to make AN update . Thats pathetic
    DTEK60 update works fine when following the instructions.
    12-25-17 08:21 AM
    DTEK60 update works fine when following the instructions.
    If dtek 60 would work fine then this threat here wouldn't be here now!!!

second : what do you mean following the instructions????

I followed the instructions 32 seconds reset and would be fine that's what blackberry said have to do .
    And it is not working like it WORKS ON DTEK50 and Priv

My futher did not followed any instructions and have the update on Dtek 50 my mother whereas on Dtek 60 the same but did not get anything !!!
    I got the phone to see what is the updates when i was at my parents house I noticed Dtek 50 everything working ok and December but Dtek60 on september and verification problem .....

I have done 15 restarts from then and 3 resets hard 2 soft nothing ... Blackberry have an isue not the dtek 60 if Everyone here have problem ok ? Do not defend blackberry when is their fault . In our family we do not have only one android blackberry but 4 so please !
    12-25-17 12:59 PM
    If dtek 60 would work fine then this threat here wouldn't be here now!!!

second : what do you mean following the instructions????

I followed the instructions 32 seconds reset and would be fine that's what blackberry said have to do .
    And it is not working like it WORKS ON DTEK50 and Priv

My futher did not followed any instructions and have the update on Dtek 50 my mother whereas on Dtek 60 the same but did not get anything !!!
    I got the phone to see what is the updates when i was at my parents house I noticed Dtek 50 everything working ok and December but Dtek60 on september and verification problem .....

I have done 15 restarts from then and 3 resets hard 2 soft nothing ... Blackberry have an isue not the dtek 60 if Everyone here have problem ok ? Do not defend blackberry when is their fault . In our family we do not have only one android blackberry but 4 so please !
    Restart does nothing.

Disable Find My Device from settings/security/administrators, uninstall Google Play Services updates, update OS.
    12-25-17 01:02 PM
    Works fine. Piece of cake. Thanks Conite!! ;-)
    12-25-17 11:55 PM
    I followed your advice and it updated to the Nov. update but not the December update. so I think I'll just wait and see if it gets pushed OTA eventually as it seems like way to much work when the Dtek should find the update on its own.
    12-26-17 10:22 AM
    Thanks,

I was able to locate the Google Play Services using the icon in your picture. It is actually called Services Google Play in French...

Once I found it, easy to install the new update following your instructions.

Many thanks for your help and Happy Holidays!

Raymond...
    12-26-17 10:38 AM
    When will thus update be ready. Still stuck in my phone.
    12-26-17 10:50 AM
    When will thus update be ready. Still stuck in my phone.
    It was ready on the 20th.
    12-26-17 11:01 AM
    It was ready on the 20th.
    It's still stuck in my DTEK 60 downloader and won't update. If the corrected versionwas ready on the 20th how do I refresh it and clear to old one in my queue?
    12-26-17 11:04 AM
    It's still stuck in my DTEK 60 downloader and won't update. If the corrected versionwas ready on the 20th how do I refresh it and clear to old one in my queue?
    Uninstall Google Play Services updates, reboot if necessary, check for system updates, update OS.
    12-26-17 11:30 AM
    You are probably looking for Google Play Services in the Apps folder on home screen. Go to Settings and then to the Apps section in there. You will find it there and once you open it, you will see the three dots on top right hand side which when clicked will give you the uninstall updates option. Also you need to Deactivate all the Device Administrators in the Manage Device Administrators section under Security tab in Settings.
    Thank you!! I was going crazy looking for this "Manage Device Administrators" tab since nowhere does it say its behind the "Security" tab in the BlackBerry instructions. What a PITA!
    12-26-17 03:18 PM
    guys just follow conite's instructions closely. I had problems too and it's all good now.
    12-26-17 03:44 PM
    Still unable to deselect 'find my device' Which holds up the 'workaround'.
    12-26-17 03:56 PM
    I called blackerry support for my dtek60 and they steps they provides did not work for me.. becose I can not uninstall google play services win I click manage administrators to turn off find my device the next screen never pops up to deactivate ffind my device to let it uninstall.. so I'm stuck at this point ??
    12-26-17 06:52 PM
    And here in India, still waiting for update.
    12-26-17 10:17 PM
    Let that be a new year gift for us 👋
    12-27-17 12:39 AM
    I finally got the update to install after carefully following the steps provided. I noticed you need to uninstall the google play services updates TWICE before the update can install.
    The first time you uninstall the update it still tells you that the software update has a verification error. After that you need to open the device administrator and uncheck "Find My Device" and click on the three dots to uninstall GPS updates again. And here's when the software updates starts to install after all.. after reboot set everything back to normal and.. voilà
    Last edited by Jbernardoo; 12-27-17 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Forgot a letter
    Rico4you likes this.
    12-27-17 01:26 AM
    And here in India, still waiting for update.
    Is your device BBA 100-1 or 100-2 ? I am in India and have 100-1. Got the update almost a week ago.
    12-27-17 02:00 AM
    I found the best instructions here Unable to install System Update on BlackBerry powered by Android Smartphone
    They are more detailed than some of the above posts and until I followed these steps my DTEK60 would not update. Hope this helps.
    12-27-17 07:52 AM
    BBA 100-2
    12-27-17 09:00 AM
312 ... 45678 ...