Thanks. Doing this shows more apps but still no Google Play Services, unless it is called something quite different in French!
    You are probably looking for Google Play Services in the Apps folder on home screen. Go to Settings and then to the Apps section in there. You will find it there and once you open it, you will see the three dots on top right hand side which when clicked will give you the uninstall updates option. Also you need to Deactivate all the Device Administrators in the Manage Device Administrators section under Security tab in Settings.
    TommyBB likes this.
    12-21-17 02:50 PM
    Thanks. Doing this shows more apps but still no Google Play Services, unless it is called something quite different in French!
    12-21-17 03:06 PM
    OK, December Security Update all installed, having followed ashish_BB (08.50pm) instructions above (for which thanks!).

Don't forget to update Google Play Services again after the security update has been installed, as prompted. Also, don't forget to reinstall 'Find My Device'.

DTEK60 BBA100-2 UK Unlocked Now Running Build AAR941 Dated 1 Decemebr 2017
    12-21-17 03:50 PM
    Yes, the update worked with following the instructions from ashish-BB (8:50pm).
    12-22-17 03:26 AM
    I fixed the problem. sadly you must factory reset your phone. once Google play starts to update your apps in the background, go ahead and update the software. done.
    12-22-17 11:04 AM
    I fixed the problem. sadly you must factory reset your phone. once Google play starts to update your apps in the background, go ahead and update the software. done.
    No need for that at all. Oh my.

Just follow the instructions.
    12-22-17 11:12 AM
    You need to do a factory reset in order to do a good December update. After contact with the support department of Blackberry this worked out fine!
    12-22-17 11:19 AM
    You need to do a factory reset in order to do a good December update. After contact with the support department of Blackberry this worked out fine!
    No, no, no. Completely unnecessary.

Downgrade Google Play Services, apply update, then update Google Play Services again.
    moonflyer likes this.
    12-22-17 11:22 AM
    Conite is correct.

You only need to uninstall the Play Services updates (if you have it on you will have to shut off Device Manager for Play Services before you can do that), check for the software update, install it, and then when the phone reboots you'll get a ton of complaints about out-of-date Play Services and be prompted to re-install the update.

Then turn Device Manager back on (if you want the "find my phone" functionality) and you're all set.

You DO NOT need to factory reset.
    12-22-17 11:24 AM
    Even after Uninstaller updates and deactivating, this all still doesn't work for me.
    12-22-17 01:36 PM
    Even after Uninstaller updates and deactivating, this all still doesn't work for me.
    Doesn't work for me either... I'm not a happy camper.
    12-22-17 01:55 PM
    Doesn't work for me either... I'm not a happy camper.
    It will work. There is something you're not doing right.

Turn off Find my Device in security/admin, uninstall updates to Google Play Services, reboot device, check for updates, install update.
    12-22-17 02:05 PM
    No OS update for me. Unlock Dtek60 (EE UK)
    12-22-17 02:36 PM
    Verification still failed. Previously had not rebooted prior to update. This time did. Still verification failed...
    12-22-17 02:40 PM
    that sucks. updated mine this morning as noted and it worked.
    12-22-17 02:49 PM
    Verification still failed. Previously had not rebooted prior to update. This time did. Still verification failed...
    Me too. Just getting more frustrated the more I try doing this... is BlackBerry going to smarten up and fix it so we don't have to jump through hoops.
    12-22-17 02:55 PM
    I have two DTEK60's on one followed the instructions to install and it worked on the second one following the instructions it still says verification failed.
    Why?
    12-22-17 09:02 PM
    The deed is done. Updated to reflect 1Dec update. Thanks for all the remedial help for the short bus berry's... 😁
    12-22-17 09:47 PM
    Now that some or most of us have the update, what is in the update notes?
    12-22-17 10:39 PM
    Now that some or most of us have the update, what is in the update notes?
    Just the security patches.
    12-22-17 11:18 PM
    Hi guys.
    I bought this device a couple weeks ago and it found the available update sized 1.7Gb. Update fails.
    My installed update dated October 5, 2016. AAH148. And I have no Google Play Services at all and have no idea how to fix the problem.
    12-23-17 01:14 AM
    Just the security patches.

Thanks for the help guys. I finally got it this morning. I did what was said and a few other little things over cell signal not WiFi but that part I don't think matters.

I turned off Android Device Manager or Find My Device in the security settings under device Administration. Then went over to Apps and Selected Google Play Services and Selected the right top menu (three dots) Select Uninstall Updates. (New steps I did were)

After that I did a force stop on Google play services too. And I turned off my VPN I have NordVPN. Then the update would install after the download. It says Dec 1 Now. So thanks. Take care and Merry Christmas.
    12-23-17 07:33 AM
    Worked for me last night. Followed the instructions and worked like a charm.
    12-23-17 09:48 AM
    Trying to follow these, But where I get hung up is I can't untick the find my device. It just dumps back and when I 3 dot it again. It is still ticked...
    I can't even delete it off the device.. What do users who are not tech savvy do.. Other than suffer along thinking their phone is broken. This is the second time a update has popped up. Last weekend it went away on monday.
    12-23-17 10:43 AM
    After the uninstalling, and then the deselecting, then reboot phone. That makes the difference.
    12-23-17 09:46 PM
312 ... 34567 ...