Indeed it is a PITA. Both my DTEK60 and my wife's DTEK60 have the same verification issue as you all do. The bbm forms solution on GPS does not resolve the issue. We all expect better from Blackberry Mobile and TCL. Pulling the bad fix and correcting the December update should have been resolved already.
    12-21-17 08:14 AM
    GPS is a poor acronym for Google Play Services.

Regardless, I removed the "GPS" updates and disconnected the "Find my Device" during the prior, failed update but still had the "failed verification" error

I'm not going through the pain of above suggestion until a successfully update is reported.

What a PiTA.
    They are fixed now.
    12-21-17 08:21 AM
    Both 50 and 60 updates work fine now.
    Uh, note the time. No, they don't......

DTEK60 December 2017 update-2017-12-21-08.20.22.jpg
    12-21-17 08:22 AM
    You have to clear out the last attempt. Uninstall Google Play Services updates as suggested.
    12-21-17 08:24 AM
    Ah. I thought that was corrected. Ok, now it is working. Thanks...
    12-21-17 08:27 AM
    Is it me or did it skip the whole app optimization process because google play services was broke?
    12-21-17 09:37 AM
    I have the OTA patch files for both the broken version of this update and the working one. The manifest in the broken one says to load carrier signature files (which are intended for devices sent to carriers for testing), while the working one says to load production signature files (which are intended for all devices in the hands of end users). That's why the first push failed verification.

Why Google Play Services needs a downgrade, I don't know, though.
    12-21-17 10:10 AM
    got the new update and no go on 2 dtek60s... verification issues still...
    @conite did you actually get them to install or just that the update reappeared ?
    12-21-17 10:14 AM
    got the new update and no go on 2 dtek60s... verification issues still...
    @conite did you actually get them to install or just that the update reappeared ?
    Installed.

Use WiFi and uninstall Google Play Services updates as instructed.
    12-21-17 10:17 AM
    Oh, and just to confirm:

DTEK60 December 2017 update-photo_2017-12-21_10-57-19.jpg
    12-21-17 10:38 AM
    If you have not tried the update till today do you have do anything special? If so, can someone give some detailed directions on how to do this update... Thanks!!!
    12-21-17 10:58 AM
    If you have not tried the update till today do you have do anything special? If so, can someone give some detailed directions on how to do this update... Thanks!!!
    Uninstall Google Play Services updates then check for system updates. Once the update is downloaded and installed, update Google Play Services when you've rebooted; there will be about a dozen notifications saying to update Google Play Services, so just tap on one of them and update.
    billm1948 likes this.
    12-21-17 11:02 AM
    Uninstall Google Play Services updates then check for system updates. Once the update is downloaded and installed, update Google Play Services when you've rebooted; there will be about a dozen notifications saying to update Google Play Services, so just tap on one of them and update.
    Found the steps after I posted... Sorry and Thanks Thursak!!! Happy Holidays!!!
    12-21-17 11:06 AM
    Installed.

Use WiFi and uninstall Google Play Services updates as instructed.
    Ah.... I Assumed that the Google Play service issue was only if you encountered the "Waiting on WiFi" error... they should have simply said follow these steps and be done.
    12-21-17 11:26 AM
    Just tried again - turned off wifi - update downloaded BUT got a verification problem - so no change for me.
    12-21-17 11:33 AM
    Just tried again - turned off wifi - update downloaded BUT got a verification problem - so no change for me.
    Uninstall Google Play Store updates, uncheck "find my device" admin then deactivate. Then install update. After installed, set everything back to original....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-21 08.20.22.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	432546
    12-21-17 11:39 AM
    No luck for me just now on the second release... and the persistent UPDATE AVAILABLE notifications are back. Awesome.
    12-21-17 11:45 AM
    No luck for me just now on the second release... and the persistent UPDATE AVAILABLE notifications are back. Awesome.
    Just follow the instructions. It will work.
    12-21-17 11:52 AM
    Yeah, you have to remove all the Play Services updates, check for update, run the update, and THEN after the phone reboots put the play services update back (nothing Google will work until you do and you'll get a crap-ton of warnings in the notification bar about it.)
    12-21-17 12:17 PM
    Bit the bullet.
    It worked.
    Uninstall Google Play Services updates, etc. , etc.
    Yes, update installed.

12-21-17 12:51 PM
    uninstalled Google play services updates, re-tried. All done and updated now, finally worked. what a PTA.
    12-21-17 01:00 PM
    Just follow the instructions. It will work.
    It worked. It was a pretty horrible experience, but it worked.
    12-21-17 01:43 PM
    I am sorry. I try to Uninstall Google Play Services Updates by following the instructions in the link you supplied. However, I go Settings, Apps and do not see Google Play Services. I only see Google Play Films, Google Play Music and Google Play Store!

Should I remove updates to all of them or am I missing someting?

Thanks for your help,
    12-21-17 02:20 PM
    I am sorry. I try to Uninstall Google Play Services Updates by following the instructions in the link you supplied. However, I go Settings, Apps and do not see Google Play Services. I only see Google Play Films, Google Play Music and Google Play Store!

Should I remove updates to all of them or am I missing someting?

Thanks for your help,
    Go to the three dots at top right and select "Show system apps".
    12-21-17 02:24 PM
    Go to the three dots at top right and select "Show system apps".
    Thanks. Doing this shows more apps but still no Google Play Services, unless it is called something quite different in French!
    12-21-17 02:37 PM
312 ... 23456 ...