03-20-17 04:37 AM
29 12
tools
    This is really interesting. I'd like to see if anyone has any other device with similar processors, can you reproduce this issue? Is it unique to BlackBerry?
    Is BlackBerry the one who decides on the thermal cutoff for the CPU? Or tcl? Or qualcomm?
    03-16-17 02:23 AM
    This is really interesting. I'd like to see if anyone has any other device with similar processors, can you reproduce this issue? Is it unique to BlackBerry?
    Is BlackBerry the one who decides on the thermal cutoff for the CPU? Or tcl? Or qualcomm?
    The manufacturer set their own policy, either overclock or down clock the soc
    03-16-17 03:00 AM
    the customization on thermal policy is responsibility of the software manufacure.
    For androi-phone, it's the responsiblity of the huawei, the one-plus, the tcl, the blackberry, etc, who made android-phones, but never the responsibility of the hardware part of the phone, naming qualcomm, tcl, no no no.
    Qualcomm only provide a reference thermal engine policy, the software providor of the phone, should or must to optimize the thermal policy according to their phones. thermal is heavily depending on the power-consumption, and power-consumption is heavily different between different hardware. so, the only one who can made a final thermal policy is the software manufacture, once more here, the huawei, the one-plus, the tcl, the blackberry, etc.
    03-20-17 04:28 AM
    there are many policies on different hardware component.
    For the core in SoC, the main policy for making thermal not going too fast for user's experience is lower the cores' frequency, and hotplug the cores, but as you know, when the cores are hotplugged offline, the whole performance is going down of course.
    So, the user should know that and accept this solution to make the phone could be used as long as possible.
    But, hi, the user knoww what the hell he is doing. One would be very clear that yes, I know what I'm doing, I want the performance, I want the phone runs fluently, no network lag, no gpu lag. maybe i can do these things with charger plugged. But, this decision must be made by user himself. For instance, on huawei android-phone, there is a performace mode which could be selected by end-user, in which mode, user could play games, or other things, which need much core's power.
    And for blackberry-android phones, no that kind of things. Ok, but even so, their policy is too terrible.
    03-20-17 04:37 AM
29 12