Has anyone successfully set their convenience key to toggle NFC on and off?

I use TDs tap and pay and by default it's always off. When I access the TD app it will bring me to settings and from there I switch NFC on.

After my tap and pay transaction, I go back to settings/more/NFC and turn back off since I only turn it on when I need it.

Quite cumbersome and having it on the convenience key would much simpler and faster.

So if anyone has successfully done it, please let me know as there is NO NFC shortcut available when trying to add to the convenience key from what I have found so far.

Since UGO app isn't supported at this time for any of the DTEK phones unlike my old Passport (TD Visa eventually removed / unsupported ) and Priv where all the features of the old BB10 devices are fully supported.
    11-22-16 04:12 PM
    Anyone set the convenience key to take pictures so I can use the volume keys to zoom instead. Camera options don'tgive me a option for convenience key
    Last edited by ahmedhanif911; 11-24-16 at 09:14 AM.
    11-23-16 09:14 PM
    Has anyone successfully set their convenience key to toggle NFC on and off?

I use TDs tap and pay and by default it's always off. When I access the TD app it will bring me to settings and from there I switch NFC on.

After my tap and pay transaction, I go back to settings/more/NFC and turn back off since I only turn it on when I need it.

Quite cumbersome and having it on the convenience key would much simpler and faster.

So if anyone has successfully done it, please let me know as there is NO NFC shortcut available when trying to add to the convenience key from what I have found so far.

Since UGO app isn't supported at this time for any of the DTEK phones unlike my old Passport (TD Visa eventually removed / unsupported ) and Priv where all the features of the old BB10 devices are fully supported.
    Hey. Ive also had this issue on my Priv for Android Pay. I did some research and it appears that NFC can't be added to the list of quick settings (when you swipe down from the top of your phone) in Marshmallow.

However, there's an app called Power Toggles in the Play Store which allows you to add custom shorcuts to your quick settings. Whilst this allows you to add NFC, it will still take you to the settings menu first before you can turn it on, so its a bit pointless (though it is a bit quicker).

As a result, I just keep NFC on, but I can see why you would want it off when you're not using it.

My assumption is that this is fixed in Android Nougat.
    11-23-16 09:40 PM
    Hey. Ive also had this issue on my Priv for Android Pay. I did some research and it appears that NFC can't be added to the list of quick settings (when you swipe down from the top of your phone) in Marshmallow.

However, there's an app called Power Toggles in the Play Store which allows you to add custom shorcuts to your quick settings. Whilst this allows you to add NFC, it will still take you to the settings menu first before you can turn it on, so its a bit pointless (though it is a bit quicker).

As a result, I just keep NFC on, but I can see why you would want it off when you're not using it.

My assumption is that this is fixed in Android Nougat.
    Yeah I'm hoping Android N will have the settings shortcut menu as close to what we took for granted on BB10.

As much as I'm confident now with the ins and outs on my DTEK60... Those engineers that designed BB10's UI and the simplicity of a true gesture based OS ...I give my hats off to them.

Android I feel is cumbersome with too many clicks and swipes to do one thing in comparison to BB10.
    11-23-16 09:57 PM
    Download 'activity launcher' from Google play

Create shortcut for Android beam in home screen, but the downside is you can only turn on using the shortcut. DTEK60 convenience key for NFC-1479960137131.jpgDTEK60 convenience key for NFC-1479960144918.jpgDTEK60 convenience key for NFC-1479960153603.jpg
    11-23-16 10:02 PM
    Download 'activity launcher' from Google play

Create shortcut for Android beam in home screen, but the downside is you can only turn on using the shortcut. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479960137131.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	412847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479960144918.jpg 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	412848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479960153603.jpg 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	412849
    Not bad...but just gonna wait if Nougat can add it to quick settings for a quick on and off.
    11-23-16 11:04 PM
    I am frustrated for the same reason! The best solution I found is to set your convenient key to the wireless and network shortcut ! That way u get straight to the settings page of nfc and you just have to tap once then turn it off or on
    12-16-16 04:48 PM