Spreading misinformation or do you have proof that waterproofing causes overheating issues?

What about the S7, S7 Edge, Xperia's and iPhone 7's?
    the comment is for following: compare s7 water proof to dtek 60 non-water proof (assumed) - got nothing to do with misinformation. " Quote Originally Posted by Bay 13 View Post
    Held a standard Galaxy S7 in my hand today. metal and Glass back. The Dtek 60 will have metal and a glass back. Both have the 820 processor. The S7 allegedly has the better camera and is waterproof. The DTEK 60 price point seems to be fair for what you are getting. I predict that Blackberry will have a phone that will be waterproof within the next year or two. The Chinese manufacturers (Like TCL) will make a waterproof phone that will be less than the Iphones and Samsungs and Blackberry will use that reference design for a future phone...just watch."
    I like the answer Bay13 provided: non water proof.
    Lifestyles likes this.
    10-20-16 02:44 PM
    the comment is for following: compare s7 water proof to dtek 60 non-water proof (assumed) - got nothing to do with misinformation. " Quote Originally Posted by Bay 13 View Post
    Held a standard Galaxy S7 in my hand today. metal and Glass back. The Dtek 60 will have metal and a glass back. Both have the 820 processor. The S7 allegedly has the better camera and is waterproof. The DTEK 60 price point seems to be fair for what you are getting. I predict that Blackberry will have a phone that will be waterproof within the next year or two. The Chinese manufacturers (Like TCL) will make a waterproof phone that will be less than the Iphones and Samsungs and Blackberry will use that reference design for a future phone...just watch."
    I like the answer Bay13 provided: non water proof.
    Then what's the "explosive capable" comment about?
    10-20-16 04:21 PM
    Then what's the "explosive capable" comment about?
    Samsung sinks deeper into exploding battery quagmire as ?Samsung 7? blamed for car fire - The Verge
    appearantly, not just note 7 monopoly such capability, s7 too.
    10-20-16 06:52 PM
    It's almost as if you don't have comprehension of what you're writing...

1. comparing the S7 to the DTEK60 and saying it's between "exploding capable" and "non-waterproof", which implies that the waterproofed S7's exploding problem is related to its waterproof-ness...
    2. saying what you really meant was waterproof S7 vs non-waterproof DTEK60...
    3. then when questioned about the "exploding capable" comment, you point out that it's between something that can explode and not explode?

Your original comment needed to be:

waterproof S7 or non-waterproof DTEK60

or

explode capable S7 vs non-explode capable DTEK60
    10-20-16 07:07 PM
    It's almost as if you don't have comprehension of what you're writing...

1. comparing the S7 to the DTEK60 and saying it's between "exploding capable" and "non-waterproof", which implies that the waterproofed S7's exploding problem is related to its waterproof-ness...
    2. saying what you really meant was waterproof S7 vs non-waterproof DTEK60...
    3. then when questioned about the "exploding capable" comment, you point out that it's between something that can explode and not explode?

Your original comment needed to be:

waterproof S7 or non-waterproof DTEK60

or

explode capable S7 vs non-explode capable DTEK60
    agree. i am just glad Bay13 follows my school of thoughts - it was intended just for reply his comment... thx for all the correction.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-21-16 07:31 AM
    I am extremely interested in the DTEK60 but am getting frustrated by BlackBerry's disregard for their loyal customers waiting for this device. Does anyone have any knowledge of the Huawei phones? Their build quality, etc.? I have heard about their new Nova and Nova Plus phones and they sound intriguing - especially, the Nova Plus. Although they are mid-range and flagship devices, the options for the price seem reasonable. The Pixel is entirely too much above my price point. Thanks
    10-21-16 07:57 AM
    I am extremely interested in the DTEK60 but am getting frustrated by BlackBerry's disregard for their loyal customers waiting for this device. Does anyone have any knowledge of the Huawei phones? Their build quality, etc.? I have heard about their new Nova and Nova Plus phones and they sound intriguing - especially, the Nova Plus. Although they are mid-range and flagship devices, the options for the price seem reasonable. The Pixel is entirely too much above my price point. Thanks
    Neither are flagships, both are Moto Z Play competitors with SD625.
    10-21-16 09:11 AM
    I am wondering if the delay is because Blackberry will try to push out the door the DTEK60 with Android Nougat 7.0. I take my hat off to Blackberry. They have made Android O.S. tolerable and enjoyable. I was reluctant to go to Android from BB10 but as another person said on Crack-berry....the limited swipe gestures that BB added to Android is very good.

Things have gotten so much better since the launch of the Priv, they are learning how to modify Android to the like of BB fans. Bla1ze said on another post that his Dtek50 runs smoother than his Priv. Dtek 50 came out of the box running Android M and BB fixed the issues on the OS that hurt Priv when it launched. Like Chen said...it is more about the "Smart" software of the phone than the hardware itself.

There is alot of good OEM's out there...Huawei being one of them. I know Blackberry has been consistent with security and software updates and they continue to secure new software deals with various agencies and companies. BB is moving in the right direction.
    10-21-16 09:16 AM
    I am wondering if the delay is because Blackberry will try to push out the door the DTEK60 with Android Nougat 7.0. I take my hat off to Blackberry. They have made Android O.S. tolerable and enjoyable. I was reluctant to go to Android from BB10 but as another person said on Crack-berry....the limited swipe gestures that BB added to Android is very good.

Things have gotten so much better since the launch of the Priv, they are learning how to modify Android to the like of BB fans. Bla1ze said on another post that his Dtek50 runs smoother than his Priv. Dtek 50 came out of the box running Android M and BB fixed the issues on the OS that hurt Priv when it launched. Like Chen said...it is more about the "Smart" software of the phone than the hardware itself.

There is alot of good OEM's out there...Huawei being one of them. I know Blackberry has been consistent with security and software updates and they continue to secure new software deals with various agencies and companies. BB is moving in the right direction.
    My vote is more to avoid direct comparison to the Pixel.
    10-21-16 09:26 AM
    I agree. Unfortunately people will compare phones that are:

1. New on the market
    2. Similar silhouette, size.
    3. Labeled "Flagship"

The Pixel is what it is...it will showcase the strengths of Goggle to the fullest (Latest O.S., Assistant, Photos, etc). If those features is what you need than by all means buy Pixel. The BB phones will play to it strengths...Security, Privacy, Hub organization, etc.

And people will compare when they shop. Most of my friends who have a Blackberry (All two of them.) Value security over popularity and the latest features (Best Camera, Waterproof, etc). If not, they would have a Iphone or a Galaxy. I think with this new direction of using reference designs we will get those features eventually...plus things we value like Security.

It is good for them to make revenue for BB software apps that can be downloaded to other Android phones.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 10-21-16 at 11:47 AM.
    10-21-16 09:45 AM
    So a safe assumption that any cases designed for this phone would fit the Dtek 60 properly.?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-16 06:02 PM
    So a safe assumption that any cases designed for this phone would fit the Dtek 60 properly.?
    Nope. At the very least, the camera bump is squarish on the TCL but round on the DTEK60.
    10-21-16 06:54 PM
    Are they even competitors in any sense? One is a flagship with a massive marketing spend behind it, carrier support and hero status in many shops. The other is a reference design with a blackplate slapped on it and to be sold via a webstore with maybe a couple of tweets to promote it.

Dtek60 might be competiting against something but it ain't the pixel line or indeed any premium phone.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-16 03:38 AM
    ...Dtek60 might be competiting against something but it ain't the pixel line or indeed any premium phone.
    DTEK60 not premium?
    10-22-16 04:06 AM
    DTEK60 not premium?
    From a brand perspective? No.
    10-22-16 04:07 AM
    From a brand perspective? No.
    Well, I would say most users of BlackBerry's are due to productivity and security. The 'brand' is what it is. As far as the device is concerned the DTEK 60 will be the most powerful device they have released and competes favourably with the best out there.

Too many nay sayers on this site.
    aecgda and Bay 13 like this.
    10-22-16 04:19 AM
    Are they even competitors in any sense? One is a flagship with a massive marketing spend behind it, carrier support and hero status in many shops. The other is a reference design with a blackplate slapped on it and to be sold via a webstore with maybe a couple of tweets to promote it.

Dtek60 might be competiting against something but it ain't the pixel line or indeed any premium phone.
    Probably not, but it's more about if anybody will even pay attention to them if they say they are announcing it at the same time. You'll have 10-20 articles writing about the Pixel and how-to, then one article about the DTEK60 which gets drowned.
    cgk likes this.
    10-22-16 07:56 AM
    Probably not, but it's more about if anybody will even pay attention to them if they say they are announcing it at the same time. You'll have 10-20 articles writing about the Pixel and how-to, then one article about the DTEK60 which gets drowned.
    Good point - i guess given we don't know if the mercury is going to released or not - the tech press will be able to write 'the last blackberry' story twice.
    10-22-16 07:59 AM
    Good point - i guess given we don't know if the mercury is going to released or not - the tech press will be able to write 'the last blackberry' story twice.
    Well the other way to look at it is, this is a change BlackBerry is doing to address the problem of announcing things too early and months after it's available for sale. So they got the phones to the distributors, distributors enter it into the system, prepare marketing materials for a future retail date, some gets leaked earlier or dates change due to reasons.

CrackBerry then starts complaining the phone is "delayed", "realists" like yourself will start "questioning" if it's actually launching. THIS is where the tech press gets fuel to write those "last BlackBerry" articles.

Sure, they are complete crap in public speaking and announcements, but I swear CrackBerry is BlackBerry's biggest marketing enemy with its constant bickering over BlackBerry 10 and fear-mongers.
    RichardAitch and cbvinh like this.
    10-22-16 08:14 AM

CrackBerry then starts complaining the phone is "delayed", "realists" like yourself will start "questioning" if it's actually launching. THIS is where the tech press gets fuel to write those "last BlackBerry" articles.

All the fuel needed to write 'last blackberry stories' are the CEO's own words in the last earnings call. There is nothing substantial to discuss - it's really fine detail if it's the dtek60 or mercury that is the last actual blackberry phone. It makes no difference to the overall direction of travel.

It's hardly fear mongering to say a) blackberry is exciting hardware and b) blackberry is objective market failure. They are just statements of fact.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-22-16 08:25 AM
    All the fuel needed to write 'last blackberry stories' are the CEO's own words in the last earnings call. There is nothing substantial to discuss - it's really fine detail if it's the dtek60 or mercury that is the last actual blackberry phone. It makes no difference to the overall direction of travel.

It's hardly fear mongering to say a) blackberry is exciting hardware and b) blackberry is objective market failure. They are just statements of fact.
    My point is, you feel the constant need to re-iterate it everywhere, in or out of context. It's about as annoying and repetitive as the media's deathwatch, the "where is 10.3.3" comments, and the "I love my Passport and Crapdroid sucks" posts. This is sadly what CrackBerry is filled with, nothing more.
    cgk, cbvinh and Bay 13 like this.
    10-22-16 08:33 AM
    My point is, you feel the constant need to re-iterate it everywhere, in or out of context. It's about as annoying and repetitive as the media's deathwatch, the "where is 10.3.3" comments, and the "I love my Passport and Crapdroid sucks" posts. This is sadly what CrackBerry is filled with, nothing more.
    If I had a banhammer..... I'd banhammer in the morning, I'd banhammer in the evening, all over this land...

(and no, not you Tony)
    Bay 13 likes this.
    10-22-16 10:58 AM
    If I had a banhammer..... I'd banhammer in the morning, I'd banhammer in the evening, all over this land...

(and no, not you Tony)
    There have been several attempts in the past to try and turn the CrackBerry forums into a child-safe playspace, where nothing bad ever happens, nobody is allowed to say bad things, and BlackBerry remains King of the Hill. They've all run into the same problem - reality.

But good luck with this latest attempt.
    cgk and StephanieMaks like this.
    10-22-16 11:13 AM
    There have been several attempts in the past to try and turn the CrackBerry forums into a child-safe playspace, where nothing bad ever happens, nobody is allowed to say bad things, and BlackBerry remains King of the Hill. They've all run into the same problem - reality.

But good luck with this latest attempt.
    And I'm not saying that should be the case, censorship is the worst thing that could happen. I'm just saying from a grand scheme of things, even if BlackBerry is trying to rebuild the brand, be it smartphone, software, anything. Any prospective customer will just be DTER60 right off the brand once they see this craphole with the diehards and "realists".

It's excessive at this point, and it's no-wonder why they can't rebuild the brand.

Anyways. Back on topic. This thread is about the TCL 950.
    cgk and Bay 13 like this.
    10-22-16 12:44 PM
    I'd like to discuss this more but it's Saturday night in the UK and this is almost like an automated message where my hands not my brain tell you i am **** faced.

Back to sober tomorrow.
    10-22-16 02:35 PM
59 123