For comparison, this is the Chinese counterpart: ��TCL950��TCL �������� 950 ҫȻ�� �ƶ���ͨ����4G�ֻ� ˫��˫�������� ���� �۸� ���⡿-����

As of today's exchange rate: RMB 3299 ~ USD 489 ~ CAD 643.

TCL is actually positioning this as their flagship in China. Also note this has a downgraded screen to 1080p. It comes with JBL headphones (not very good ones) and a Quick Charge charger.
    10-17-16 10:36 PM
    Man, what ugly icons they use there.
    DTEK60 Chinese Counterpart - TCL 950-software01.jpg

BlackBerry should totally jack their meeting assistant app though lulz.

DTEK60 Chinese Counterpart - TCL 950-screenshot-2016-10-18-00.49.35.jpg

And offer the T adapter because that's awesome.

Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-17-16 at 10:52 PM.
    10-17-16 10:41 PM
    My first thought on the icons was they look like it came from a really early version of Debian or something.
    10-17-16 11:14 PM
    They are hideous.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Jason Dridge likes this.
    10-17-16 11:17 PM
    They are hideous.

Well rest assured the BlackBerry version won't be those.
    10-17-16 11:22 PM
    Not my cup of tea. I'm really hoping Blackberry will come out way better than this on the exterior.
    10-17-16 11:53 PM
    Ugly icons? And Material Design is so beautiful........looks like they were drawn by a lazy 12 year old with no artistic talent. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you guys/gals are blind lol . Material design is a trend and like all trends, needs to gradually fade away or at least allow some real creativity back on to the web so that every web page/icon does NOT look the same. Only my opinion! Hit me hard, I can take it.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    10-17-16 11:58 PM
    They are hideous.

Guys stop thinking that taste is the same one all over the world.. Those icons are probably targeted toward the Chinese market and they are designed to meet their preferences..

Anyway.. They are ugly as well for me lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-18-16 07:20 AM
    Ugly icons? And Material Design is so beautiful........looks like they were drawn by a lazy 12 year old with no artistic talent. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you guys/gals are blind lol . Material design is a trend and like all trends, needs to gradually fade away or at least allow some real creativity back on to the web so that every web page/icon does NOT look the same. Only my opinion! Hit me hard, I can take it.
    I dislike a lot about Material Design....but MD is way better than that Chinese icon set......that set is making my eyes bleed.
    10-18-16 02:31 PM
    I kind of like the camera and music icons.

I like the retro TLR camera, reminds me of an absolutely horrible cheap Chinese TLR I had when I was young.

And the LP record is kind of a retro / hipster idea for a music icon these days.

Just those two though, the rest do nothing for me.
    10-18-16 02:44 PM
    We have become so used to the cartoon app look and feel. Maybe they are just ahead of their (our) time.

Posted via my DTEK50
    10-18-16 03:59 PM
    Double post by mistake
    10-18-16 03:59 PM
    Price is on par with what BlackBerry is proposing for the DTEK60. Okay people, still complaining about the price? Especially given the lower spec on the screen?
    bigjman, Bay 13 and stlabrat like this.
    10-18-16 04:50 PM
    We have become so used to the cartoon app look and feel. Maybe they are just ahead of their (our) time.
    And yet, we wonder why every new phone here looks just like all the others.
    kvndoom likes this.
    10-18-16 05:47 PM
    Held a standard Galaxy S7 in my hand today. metal and Glass back. The Dtek 60 will have metal and a glass back. Both have the 820 processor. The S7 allegedly has the better camera and is waterproof. The DTEK 60 price point seems to be fair for what you are getting. I predict that Blackberry will have a phone that will be waterproof within the next year or two. The Chinese manufacturers (Like TCL) will make a waterproof phone that will be less than the Iphones and Samsungs and Blackberry will use that reference design for a future phone...just watch.
    10-18-16 09:39 PM
    For comparison, this is the Chinese counterpart: ��TCL950��TCL �������� 950 ҫȻ�� �ƶ���ͨ����4G�ֻ� ˫��˫�������� ���� �۸� ���⡿-����

As of today's exchange rate: RMB 3299 ~ USD 489 ~ CAD 643.

TCL is actually positioning this as their flagship in China. Also note this has a downgraded screen to 1080p. It comes with JBL headphones (not very good ones) and a Quick Charge charger.
    Actually the fonts are not supported here
    Rough Google translation says:
    "TCL Jiandanqinxin 950 Yao natural silver mobile Unicom Telecom 4G mobile phone dual card dual standby
    Qualcomm Xiaolong 820 processor! 4GB + 64GB large memory! 21 million +800 million camera! 5.5 inches AMOLED screen Samsung"
    10-19-16 12:49 AM
    Maybe the icons were lost in translation. Well if it happens we get those icons on the Dtek 60 we have the option to change them anyways.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-19-16 01:37 AM
    Phone design looks sweet though, you have to give it that much. Full glass body at just 7 mm thin ? That's just slick as hell

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    vagos2006 likes this.
    10-19-16 04:12 AM
    Held a standard Galaxy S7 in my hand today. metal and Glass back. The Dtek 60 will have metal and a glass back. Both have the 820 processor. The S7 allegedly has the better camera and is waterproof. The DTEK 60 price point seems to be fair for what you are getting. I predict that Blackberry will have a phone that will be waterproof within the next year or two. The Chinese manufacturers (Like TCL) will make a waterproof phone that will be less than the Iphones and Samsungs and Blackberry will use that reference design for a future phone...just watch.
    That's an easy prediction to bet against given we know the Dtek60 isn't water-proof and it's not clear (if released) the Mercury is. After that no more Blackberry phones. Some of the licensed ones might be but that's not quite the same thing.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and JeepBB like this.
    10-19-16 06:32 AM
    That's an easy prediction to bet against given we know the Dtek60 isn't water-proof and it's not clear (if released) the Mercury is. After that no more Blackberry phones. Some of the licensed ones might be but that's not quite the same thing.
    Just like the DTEK 60 will be the 1st Blackberry branded phone with a Finger print scanner...the same when it comes to waterproofing. I know that BB is done making phones...they will take a Chinese design that is waterproof and slap the BB logo and software on it. My point also is that the Chinese companies will make a waterproof phone that will sale for less than Apple and Samsung flagships.
    10-19-16 12:43 PM
    choice between explosive capable and non-water proof... your pick please.
    10-19-16 01:09 PM
    Just like the DTEK 60 will be the 1st Blackberry branded phone with a Finger print scanner...the same when it comes to waterproofing. I know that BB is done making phones...they will take a Chinese design that is waterproof and slap the BB logo and software on it. My point also is that the Chinese companies will make a waterproof phone that will sale for less than Apple and Samsung flagships.
    They will not do anything - it's nothing to do with them - they just license the name and some software - what the licencee makes wants to include or not is nothing to do with BBRY (beyond a minimum spec which as far as we know does not include waterproofing).
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-19-16 03:51 PM
    Umm...non water proof.
    10-19-16 09:38 PM
    They will not do anything - it's nothing to do with them - they just license the name and some software - what the licencee makes wants to include or not is nothing to do with BBRY (beyond a minimum spec which as far as we know does not include waterproofing).
    We are on different pages...I hope DTEK 60 does well for Blackberry.
    10-19-16 09:40 PM
    Spreading misinformation or do you have proof that waterproofing causes overheating issues?

What about the S7, S7 Edge, Xperia's and iPhone 7's?
    10-20-16 02:32 PM
59 123