05-06-17 06:09 PM
31 12
tools
    So I bought a DTEK60 and first week no problem. However now is taking forever to charge. I have the fast charger that comes with the phone and usually in 45 minuto an hour it was completely charged. Now is taking 11 hours for a full charge if I have 10% remaining. My car charger used to charge it fast as well bit now is there same issue. One thing I noticed is that my car charger has a entra USB port so If use my regular USB cable and plug it to the car charger then the phone charges faster. I downloaded the blackberry virtual expert to test out a few things. When running the test I plug the wall charger to the phone and the app seems to think that's the USB connection and when I connect just the cable by itself it thinks is the wall charger. Anyway this is very frustrated I'm not new to phones and can't seem to figure this one out. All know is that no phone should take 11 hours to charge. Any suggestions will really be appreciated, thanks
    Davidd419 likes this.
    12-22-16 04:07 PM
    I forgot to mention I tried different cable and no luck.
    12-22-16 04:08 PM
    When you say the car charger standard USB slot chargers faster.... is it the 45 min time frame or just faster than 11 hours?

1) I'd buy a new charger and test it.

2) I'd reload the OS to make sure it isn't a software issue.

3) I'd call whoever I bought it from for support to get it replaced as it's sounding like the QC circuit isn't working.
    12-22-16 04:15 PM
    Is just faster than 11 hours and about an hour and a half to fully charge it.
    12-22-16 04:29 PM
    Had a similAr problem with my priv, a factory reset and updating all the apps fixed the issue, also try using another charger.
    12-22-16 05:52 PM
    I already tried another charger and same problem exist
    12-22-16 07:05 PM
    Had similar issue. Rebooted the device and everything was fine...

Posted via CB10
    12-22-16 07:20 PM
    Same was happening to me but was intermittent. Got into habit of checking charge time when plugging in and unplugging and replugging would solve for example when plugging in sometimes would show up to 12hrs to full, unplugged and replugged, and would be less than 2hrs. Has been stable for the last few weeks. Strange one as I was questioning whether I was plugging in fully which I am sure I was. Now my charge time is usually between 1-1.5hrs
    12-22-16 07:31 PM
    Amazon is going to do more testing and to certify after finding most 3rd party cables and chargers are sub standard.

I had some Apple USBC units and using those. BlackBerry and Apple definitely alerts when a cable or charger is not up to spec.

Should be snug and no wiggle room with a USBC Cable.
    12-22-16 08:08 PM
    I suggest you take a 10x magnifying glass and examine the port and contacts.

When I used to have charging issues on my Nexus 6, it turned out to be pocket lint accumulated in the port. This didn't allow both of the micro usb clips to engage, just one side or the other. The solution was to break a toothpick diagonally, so it's long and thin enough on the broken side to scrape the space inside the port. None of my other micro USB or USB-C devices has experienced this, so YMMV.
    12-22-16 08:47 PM
    I have reboot the device many times im also using same cable that came with the device
    12-22-16 09:33 PM
    Same was happening to me... but unplugging and replugging would solve...
    I've done this before to solve the problem, also check the lint trap theory.
    12-23-16 04:14 AM
    Hi evryone, new to the forum evn though I have read many useful stuff on these pages before today. I have an issue with my recently bought DTEK60. When I connect the charger from PC usb socket or from normal AC, the phone shows not to be charging at all. Only when I restart the BB and reconnect the same cable (USB or AC) I can see it charging normally. This is very annoying considering I have to restart the phone any time I want to charge it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    01-14-17 09:45 AM
    Hi evryone, new to the forum evn though I have read many useful stuff on these pages before today. I have an issue with my recently bought DTEK60. When I connect the charger from PC usb socket or from normal AC, the phone shows not to be charging at all. Only when I restart the BB and reconnect the same cable (USB or AC) I can see it charging normally. This is very annoying considering I have to restart the phone any time I want to charge it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    You're using the cable and charger it came with?
    01-15-17 01:35 PM
    Thanks for answering so quickly! The issue happens with both the original cable it came with and any average Type C USB cable, whether it is connected to PC or plugged into normal power supply. As soon I restart it, starts charging regularly. I've noticed that once I restart it, it charges and if I disconnect it and reconnect it within a short time, it still charges regularly. But once it is disconnected from the supply for a few hours it does not charge unless I restart it. Thanks again.
    01-17-17 08:43 AM
    Interesting. I wonder what's causing this issue. I've been playing with many other phones and never had issue like this.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 01:01 PM
    THanks again for getting back to me. Yep. I have never experienced it either on any of the ten mobile phones I have had (last 4 blackberry) and given the absence of any other user having the same problem, I start thinking it's only happening to me... How lucky! Further technical detail. If the phone is switched off and I connect any charger, it charges regularly. All this said, restarting or switching off the phone in order to be able to charge it is very annoying. Hope to get more feedback. Thank you!
    01-22-17 06:13 AM
    Mine was doing it too, not to this extent, I uninstalled and reinstalled the facebook apps and it seemed to work. If you don't have them i would suggest maybe doing a factory reset.
    01-22-17 09:29 AM
    Thanks for sharing that. I have tried the factory reset a few days into having the phone. Didn't work. Today I will try uninstalling and reinstalling fb. Will post results.
    01-25-17 03:54 AM
    Got the exact same issue. I have to restart for dtek60 to charge thinking to send it back
    02-02-17 10:56 PM
    Ok finally got to reinstall fb. No change. Still experiencing same issue. Very annoying. Any other ideas?
    02-03-17 12:45 PM
    Got the exact same issue. I have to restart for dtek60 to charge thinking to send it back
    Well it appears I'm not the only one having this issue. It must be software issue of some kind. Will contact blackberry and see if they have any suggestions. Will post here any useful feedback.
    02-05-17 08:10 PM
    I'm also having this issue. Really annoying to have to restart phone to get it to charge.
    02-06-17 09:44 PM
    I too am having this exact issue. Tried different cables, chargers etc. I have other problems along with this. Sometime I can wake my device with double tap and have to press power and it takes 30 seconds for the screen to come back on. I have also had issues with Bluetooth connectivity - spotty at best. I have started to troubleshoot with BB but not getting very far. They want me to backup and factory reset but can't get Google Drive/Backups to work - can't connect to internet although the device is totally connected, tried wifi in two different places and enabled using data to do the backup but no go.
    02-08-17 08:26 PM
    I too am having this exact issue. Tried different cables, chargers etc. I have other problems along with this. Sometime I can wake my device with double tap and have to press power and it takes 30 seconds for the screen to come back on. I have also had issues with Bluetooth connectivity - spotty at best. I have started to troubleshoot with BB but not getting very far. They want me to backup and factory reset but can't get Google Drive/Backups to work - can't connect to internet although the device is totally connected, tried wifi in two different places and enabled using data to do the backup but no go.
    I was having the screen not coming on right away problem as well but that seems to have been solved with the February security update. Still can't charge without restarting the phone though
    02-09-17 12:01 AM
31 12