Good afternoon gents! Is there somebody recognizing difference between "normal" & "quick" chargers which came within bundle? As per my observation, the "normal" one charges it in same (maybe quicker) time as the "quick" one, but phone is heating like pizza oven. When I use the "quick" one there is no heating issue.
    12-06-16 12:27 AM
    Good afternoon gents! Is there somebody recognizing difference between "normal" & "quick" chargers which came within bundle? As per my observation, the "normal" one charges it in same (maybe quicker) time as the "quick" one, but phone is heating like pizza oven. When I use the "quick" one there is no heating issue.
    You mean the charger In the box versus the RC-1500?
    It's strange since both of them are QC2 charger.
    Last edited by Renwick; 12-06-16 at 04:44 AM.
    12-06-16 12:44 AM
    Actually I was also gonna ask this as I noticed the standard charger says "charging rapidly" on the screen, and is just as fast
    12-06-16 02:39 AM
    The one on the left (comes with the DTEK60) charges at 2.0A

The one on the right (rapid travel charger) charges at 1.5A.

They both comply with Qualcomm QC2 but the 2.0A will charge faster.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 charger difference-img_20161107_1003451-2.jpg  
    12-06-16 07:16 AM

Heck even my BlackBerry Car Charger (HC) 'High Capacity' that I've been using all the way back with my Z10, Z30, Passport and now DTEK60 charges faster than the rapid travel charger since it charges at 1.8A

Only thing I did to make it compatible with the DTEK60 was to buy a microUSB to USB-C Adapter. But before my adapter arrived, I used the cable that came with the 60 and plugged that in the slot but was cumbersome having a 3 foot USB - C Cable and the coiled spiral microUSB cord dangling... oh well, all's good now that the little adapter is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 charger difference-img_20161107_1147093-2.jpg  
    12-06-16 07:47 AM

😯 wait, so why did they include this "rapid charger" in the bundle as if to say it's faster than the one in the box?
    12-06-16 08:07 AM
    😯 wait, so why did they include this "rapid charger" in the bundle as if to say it's faster than the one in the box?
    Thanks! That was the question I would like to ask the community. I think it is wasting of resources.
    12-06-16 08:33 AM
    I like to add the following points:
    • The original charger that is in box charges at 5v/2A-9V/1.67A (10W-15W)
    • The BlackBerry 'rapid' charger charges at 5V/1.5A-9V/[1.5A]-12V/[1.125A] (7.5W-13.5W)

Both are supposedly built for QC devices, I dont know why BlackBerry limit's the output of the 'rapid charger' to 13.5W, though QC does allow around up to 18W on most devices (9V/2A-12V/1.5A) chargers.

That said, that's why they are charging slower than the one given in box

However, in due respect, this was made available, already in the Priv-launch period, which is 5V/1.3A (6.5W), so technically, it was still faster then the product it was intended to be actually faster for. The Priv did not, out of the box, come with a QC-capable charger, though itself being QC capable. So assuming that it was made for the Priv audience back then, yup this was a faster charger (at x2 of the original given charger speed). But in contrast with this charger provided by TCL (which is the same as the one for DTEK50 BTW), it is slower. They could be clearing stock or making it sound nicer (the purchase 'deal' perhaps?) but the marketing name was really, coined during and for the Priv rather than the DTEK series.

PS: I realized you guys are comparing, just the 5V output, don't forget about the 9V and 12V (which i included in my bullet-point above. The BlackBerry 'premium' in-vehicle charger and BlackBerry' Premium Charger series (came with PlayBook's/Dev Alpha devices) are both 1.8A-2A capable on 5V, which translates to roughly 10W of power. On a QC of 9V/12V, the 'rapid' charger in question here would still be faster technically (For the most part of the charging anyway. The charging at the last phase, which is when the device as like 80-90% juice would be the slowed charging, anyway)
    Last edited by tezytan; 12-06-16 at 09:37 AM.
    12-06-16 09:24 AM
    Actually I was also gonna ask this as I noticed the standard charger says "charging rapidly" on the screen, and is just as fast
    Is your device heating while it were plugged in standard charger? Mine is getting very hot I will say.
    12-06-16 09:51 AM
    I thought the travel charger was faster than the standard one that came with the phone. I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-16 10:57 AM
    I thought the travel charger was faster than the standard one that came with the phone. I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    haha yeah, the standard one in the box is in fact faster (higher amperage). the second one, is a rapid TRAVEL charger, meaning the ends are interchangeable. confusing/misleading, but that's the only advantage is may have.
    12-06-16 01:47 PM