The camera hump is slightly recessed with the phone in the case -- it is well-protected.
    Thank you for the input.
    11-22-16 01:06 PM
    Thank you for the input.
    The camera hump is nicely protected with the Incipio dual pro. I'm really liking the case thus far.
    11-22-16 03:48 PM
    The camera hump is nicely protected with the Incipio dual pro. I'm really liking the case thus far.
    Happy Thanksgiving day guys! Today that case is for the half price on Incipio half price. Yay!😎
    Roadie29 and tonythecanuck like this.
    11-24-16 12:28 PM
    Alright damnit, I have one of those

11mm thick at the thickest part (top/bottom/sides), front-to-back, with the phone in it.

I get just over 7mm thick for the phone itself, NOT including the camera bump.

Bare phone is ~75mm wide. With the case on it it's ~80.8mm.

So the case adds ~2mm on each side, roughly (side-to-side, top-to-bottom and front-to-back.)
    My Octane Pure came in today, so now we have side-by-side measurements for both:

• I got 7.09 mm thick, naked and 9.88 mm thick, from the back of the case to the bumper edge on the front, making the Octane ~2.79 mm thick.
    • 80.03 mm wide, case on, so barely discernibly different from the DualPro.
    • I also got 8.85 mm thick at the camera bump, making the bump itself ~1.76 mm high off the back of the phone. With the case on, that thickness is now measured from front bumper to the back of the case at 10.28. 10.28-2.79=7.49, and 7.49-7.09 original thickness means the case sits proud of the camera bump by ~0.4mm. So you have ~0.4mm of an air gap when placing the phone face up on a table.

So I think the main reasons to get the Octane over the DP are a very minor thickness savings, and a clear back. Now that I know this, I should have kept the DP.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    11-24-16 11:20 PM
    My Octane Pure came in today, so now we have side-by-side measurements for both:

• I got 7.09 mm thick, naked and 9.88 mm thick, from the back of the case to the bumper edge on the front, making the Octane ~2.79 mm thick.
    • 80.03 mm wide, case on, so barely discernibly different from the DualPro.
    • I also got 8.85 mm thick at the camera bump, making the bump itself ~1.76 mm high off the back of the phone. With the case on, that thickness is now measured from front bumper to the back of the case at 10.28. 10.28-2.79=7.49, and 7.49-7.09 original thickness means the case sits proud of the camera bump by ~0.4mm. So you have ~0.4mm of an air gap when placing the phone face up on a table.

So I think the main reasons to get the Octane over the DP are a very minor thickness savings, and a clear back. Now that I know this, I should have kept the DP.
    Dang. Maybe I should cancel my octane order. What about the material? Grippy? Slippery? Also does it come into contact with the screen in the same places as the DP?
    11-24-16 11:42 PM
    Dang. Maybe I should cancel my octane order. What about the material? Grippy? Slippery? Also does it come into contact with the screen in the same places as the DP?
    Initially, I thought the back was going to be slippery. Edges are nice and grippy. Then I put it on the phone, and I don't know how they did it, but the smooth surface turns grippy. Probably not as much as the DP, but certainly grippy enough. I don't want it grabbing too much as it slides in and out of a pocket, but juuuust enough. I would have preferred a textured back for even more grip, but then they lose the clear visibility they tout. Drop protection on the case is claimed to be 6 feet.

I can't compare back to back with the DP now, but the Octane only contacts the screen on the sides, not the top and bottom. And even then, only by a hair. The bumper is low profile enough that there are no concerns about swiping from the sides for the productivity tab, etc.

If I was still in the US, I'd probably send it back and get the DP again. But cross border, it's going to be too much of a PITA, even at 50% off.
    11-24-16 11:46 PM
    I wanted to give everyone an update regarding the tempered glass screen protector i ordered:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MFCDRQV/...UvbUpU12677651

This is a no go. Installed it yesterday and it really screwed up the screen touch/sensitivity on the device. In Google maps, scrolling would result in pinching instead. Typing would require harder presses and then result in letters appearing multiple times. I ended up ripping it off and haven't looked back. Not sure if it is the screen protector or the device that doesn't play nicely with something like this. Looks like I'll have to settle for a traditional screen protector.
    Menage likes this.
    11-24-16 11:48 PM
    Initially, I thought the back was going to be slippery. Edges are nice and grippy. Then I put it on the phone, and I don't know how they did it, but the smooth surface turns grippy. Probably not as much as the DP, but certainly grippy enough. I don't want it grabbing too much as it slides in and out of a pocket, but juuuust enough. I would have preferred a textured back for even more grip, but then they lose the clear visibility they tout. Drop protection on the case is claimed to be 6 feet.

I can't compare back to back with the DP now, but the Octane only contacts the screen on the sides, not the top and bottom. And even then, only by a hair. The bumper is low profile enough that there are no concerns about swiping from the sides for the productivity tab, etc.

If I was still in the US, I'd probably send it back and get the DP again. But cross border, it's going to be too much of a PITA, even at 50% off.
    I appreciate the time you took to help us out with those incipio cases.
    Menage likes this.
    11-25-16 12:07 AM
    The case is good but we want for dtek60 mannnn!
    11-25-16 10:42 AM
    The case is good but we want for dtek60 mannnn!
    Uh... wut?
    11-25-16 11:41 AM
    Is anyone making a case for this phone yet?
    Just ordered my DTEK 60 case from Tetded.com.
    11-27-16 10:02 PM
    I hope it holds up for you. Those cases have a reputation for being poorly made. Search the Priv forums.
    11-27-16 10:35 PM
    Plz post when you receive it. Fine sir.
    11-27-16 10:40 PM
    I hope it holds up for you. Those cases have a reputation for being poorly made. Search the Priv forums.
    Yup I've order 3 and they all tear badly quite soon after
    11-28-16 11:49 AM
    Yeah, I had one for my Priv and was rather pissed off at how quickly the leather separated from the backing..... it wound up in the trash.
    11-28-16 03:01 PM
    So can I buy a Idol 4S case with full confidence that it will fit the DTEK60?
    11-29-16 03:59 PM
    So can I buy a Idol 4S case with full confidence that it will fit the DTEK60?
    Be careful. I've seen some idol 4s cases on amazon and eBay that do not have a cutout for the fingerprint sensor.
    11-29-16 04:02 PM
    Be careful. I've seen some idol 4s cases on amazon and eBay that do not have a cutout for the fingerprint sensor.
    That's easy enough to figure out. But for example the dualpro case for the Idol 4S on incipio's site has more colours available than the dtek60. You would think if they are exactly the same then Incipio would have the same options for both.
    11-29-16 04:11 PM
    That's easy enough to figure out. But for example the dualpro case for the Idol 4S on incipio's site has more colours available than the dtek60. You would think if they are exactly the same then Incipio would have the same options for both.
    Incipio's cases for their 4s and DTEK60 appear to be the same. At any rate, I am using the 4s DualPro on my DTEK60....fits perfectly.
    11-29-16 05:40 PM
    Same case and has not been changed to fit the round cutout of the camera. However fits perfectly.
    11-29-16 07:11 PM
    Happy Thanksgiving day guys! Today that case is for the half price on Incipio half price. Yay!��
    I just wanted to give props to Incipio: I ordered the DP, returned it unopened in favoUr of the Octane, delivered two days before their Thanksgiving sale. So when they emailed to confirm my credit for the DP, I asked if I could also get a partial credit for the (now( sale price of the Octane. They readily agreed. Fantastic customer service, and many thanks to them!
    00stryder likes this.
    11-29-16 07:41 PM
    I just wanted to give props to Incipio: I ordered the DP, returned it unopened in favoUr of the Octane, delivered two days before their Thanksgiving sale. So when they emailed to confirm my credit for the DP, I asked if I could also get a partial credit for the (now( sale price of the Octane. They readily agreed. Fantastic customer service, and many thanks to them!
    Couldn't agree more. Customer service is outstanding.
    11-29-16 08:00 PM
197 ... 678