Let me ask you, I am considering buying the phone and then a case... on one hand, I read that the case that comes with the shop BlackBerry bundle isn't too bad after all, it protects the camera lens but not entirely, but very few mm... do you have it? Also, regarding the incipio, I don't like the otterbox, and people say that the dual layer incipio is similar in both protection and bulk... for that reason I am thinking to get the simple layer from incipio... since you have the dual, what do you think? Thanks a lot

Dual-layer. Hard poly over a silicone-rubber layer, it is put on as two pieces. I have one and it provides excellent protection; nothing protrudes beyond the margin of the case.
    11-14-16 05:33 PM
    The duo doesn't

Edit: Sorry I meant it does have
    Boy! Was I tired when I answered that! Rough day at work...sorry! I have the Duo and as stated above the duo has openings on both sides.
    11-14-16 05:39 PM
    No Incipio Duo is not as bulky as an Otterbox and doesn't have the screen protector. It is thicker then the silicon case that came with the bundle as it protects the lens. The case that came with the bundle does not protect the lens and has no holes for the rear speakers
    11-14-16 05:46 PM
    Thanks for the info... I was surprised when I read in another thread that someone says that the case that comes with the bundle even when it doesn't protect the lenses completely, it wasn't too bad... I don't want to get a case that adds too much bulk since this would defeat the thinness of the device... I guess I will check online for comparisons between the two incipio cases... thanks again!

No Incipio Duo is not as bulky as an Otterbox and doesn't have the screen protector. It is thicker then the silicon case that came with the bundle as it protects the lens. The case that came with the bundle does not protect the lens and has no holes for the rear speakers
    11-14-16 06:14 PM
    Is it a hard case like the Otterbox Defender ?
    The way tickerguy described it above it sounds exactly like the otterbox commuter I have on my Z30.
    11-14-16 07:37 PM
    Yes its uses the same hybrid principle. From my experience Otterbox was still a bigger case. Case Mate made hybrid case that were smaller then the Otterbox...actually I still have a Note 2 that's dress in a Case Mate and a big different compared to its Otterbox.
    11-14-16 08:32 PM
    For what it's worth, I'm happy with the J&D case I just got. Not the greatest fit but does the job.
    11-14-16 08:37 PM
    It's not as "fat" as an Otterbox (there is no direct screen protection either) but it provides excellent all-around protection in general; it's just thick enough on the back to recess the camera bump *slightly*. On the front it's just enough to keep the screen recessed, plus the combination of silicone rubber + hard PVC wrap should provide excellent shock resistance. The only obvious vulnerability with it on is a sharp, protruding object -- which no case can really protect against.
    11-14-16 08:44 PM
    Thanks that's useful information for sure. Hopefully the DTEK60 becomes popular enough someone will make a top flight case just for it
    11-14-16 09:06 PM
    Oh these Incipios are "top flight" already; I can't come up with anything I don't like about it.
    11-14-16 09:29 PM
    When mine arrives, I'll put a digital micrometer to it, since ppl (incl me) are curious
    11-14-16 09:34 PM
    Alright damnit, I have one of those

11mm thick at the thickest part (top/bottom/sides), front-to-back, with the phone in it.

I get just over 7mm thick for the phone itself, NOT including the camera bump.

Bare phone is ~75mm wide. With the case on it it's ~80.8mm.

So the case adds ~2mm on each side, roughly (side-to-side, top-to-bottom and front-to-back.)
    Menage likes this.
    11-14-16 10:15 PM
    Alright damnit, I have one of those

11mm thick at the thickest part (top/bottom/sides), front-to-back, with the phone in it.

I get just over 7mm thick for the phone itself, NOT including the camera bump.

Bare phone is ~75mm wide. With the case on it it's ~80.8mm.

So the case adds ~2mm on each side, roughly (side-to-side, top-to-bottom and front-to-back.)
    Top drawer
    11-14-16 10:23 PM
    Yeah, the incipio dual pro is comparable to the Otterbox Commuter series but not the Defender series.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 11:01 PM
    Now they have a similar case, dual colours black and grey available, directly for the DTEK60. A bit pricier than usual but might be well worth the cost given the higher price of the phone:

https://www.incipio.com/cases/smartp...ry-dtek60.html

Good luck...

Respect My Autoritah!
    11-15-16 12:56 AM
    Pics
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Cases-4619.jpg  
    11-15-16 03:57 AM
    Clear case
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Cases-4620.jpg  
    11-15-16 04:00 AM
    Okay, just bought the Duo Incipio case!

Does anyone recommend getting a screen protector too?
    11-15-16 04:52 AM
    I always recommend to use a screen protector on any phone to keep it scratch free.
    11-15-16 04:59 AM
    Does anyone know of a simple bumper case? I don't want anything covered except for around the sides.
    11-15-16 05:11 AM
    No, not at this time.
    11-15-16 05:13 AM
    Clear case
    posted photos in the official thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12666337
    Incipio Case:

Original BBRY Case:

DTEK60 Cases-186b5030.jpg
    Last edited by Vampiro; 11-15-16 at 08:23 AM.
    da_foz, Menage and 00stryder like this.
    11-15-16 07:15 AM
    I ordered the below case and received it yesterday. So far so good. The faux leather feels nice and the inside also has a nice material that is easy on the phone. The phone with the BlackBerry soft shell fits in the case perfectly. The belt clip also goes on snugly and is sturdy. It doesn't swivel unfortunately but I knew that before buying. If anyone wants a belt holster but doesn't way to pay BlackBerry $60 for theirs then this is not a bad option.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...UvbUpU12669267

Edit: I'll also add that the overall profile of the case is slim enough that it can also double as a pocket holster should you not want to clip it to your belt.
    11-16-16 09:49 PM
    I'm looking for a leather case that covers the back and which has card slots. Anyone see something like this?
    11-17-16 11:54 AM
    I'm looking for a leather case that covers the back and which has card slots. Anyone see something like this?
    Ya id like to see this too. Give it time i figure these will come eventually
    11-17-16 12:56 PM
197 ... 45678