Do the Alcatel 4s or 4pro cases work?
    Idol 4 case works on my 50 that I got 2 days ago and thought it was a mistake. Fits like a glove actually. Could the 60 be much different?

Edit: Sorry I forgot about the fingerprint scanner.
    11-06-16 08:05 AM
    This case fits:

https://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Incip...UvbUpU12655921

I assume any other for the same phone would also fit.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-06-16 08:49 AM
    This case fits:

https://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Incip...UvbUpU12656648

That would be my assumption too
    11-06-16 06:19 PM
    That would be my assumption too
    The only difference I can see is the cutout on the back is round on the DTEK vs Idol4S which is more square.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-06-16 06:24 PM
    The only difference I can see is the cutout on the back is round on the DTEK vs Idol4S which is more square.
    Combine them to make a new squircle.
    Carjackd and 00stryder like this.
    11-06-16 06:36 PM
    Combine them to make a new squircle.
    Great idea!!
    11-06-16 07:38 PM
    This case fits:

https://www.amazon.com/Alcatel-Incip...UvbUpU12658208

The Incipio site also shows an "Octane Pure" case that seems a little less robust than the Dual Layer model, but the Octane comes in clear and clear/smoke, for those who like to continue to show off their phones quasi-nekkid.
    11-07-16 06:00 PM
    The Incipio is $28, there is a J&D one for less than $8
    Has anyone tried the JD one yet?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12658224

It looks like a super simple case, with a very slight edge to the front - just enough to raise the screen off a surface to protect it and not get in the way of side swipe gestures. But I'm worried the material isn't thick enough for the back camera cutout to sit proud of the camera bezel. If the camera bezel still sticks out, it's pretty useless as protection.
    11-07-16 06:11 PM
    What I've seen online the J&D is thin and the area around the buttons flimsy and not thick enough to protect the camera. The octane looks nice however its shiny back will show scratches and finger prints. They use to make some with the frosted clear back but so far not for the dteck60 or the Idol 4S.
    11-07-16 06:25 PM
    Thank you! Yes, I wondered about the Octane "grip factor" - no point in covering a smooth surface with another smooth surface - you're just as likely to drop it.
    11-07-16 06:51 PM
    Has anyone tried the JD one yet?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU12658315

It looks like a super simple case, with a very slight edge to the front - just enough to raise the screen off a surface to protect it and not get in the way of side swipe gestures. But I'm worried the material isn't thick enough for the back camera cutout to sit proud of the camera bezel. If the camera bezel still sticks out, it's pretty useless as protection.
    This is the one I've ordered. I won't have it for a while but I'll let you all know how it is. The reason I ordered it was price. It's over $20 cheaper than the incipio case.
    11-07-16 07:30 PM
    The two piece one is pretty good on grip.... Not real tacky but not real slick and as far as protection is concerned it is pretty bombproof.

I have the TPU one that the phone came with and this one -- for now I'm keeping the Incipio on it as it protects both the screen and camera, but doesn't add much to bulk. If I drop the phone I've got very good odds on it surviving that.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 11-07-16 at 08:45 PM.
    Menage likes this.
    11-07-16 07:41 PM
    Here's a youtube review of the J&D case he also shows the Octane.

Menage likes this.
    11-07-16 07:56 PM
    On this side of the pond we get the cheapest case. You guys scored a better deal
    Should have shopped at crackberry. Free leather flip case, rapid charger and 12,000 mAh mobile charger.
    Menage likes this.
    11-07-16 08:05 PM
    With the J&D case 👌
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Cases-3307.jpg  
    11-08-16 11:39 AM
    With the J&D case ��
    How well is the camera assembly protected with this case? In other words will your DTEK60 in the J&D case lay flush on its back on a flat surface?
    11-08-16 12:12 PM
    How well is the camera assembly protected with this case? In other words will your DTEK60 in the J&D case lay flush on its back on a flat surface?
    This case the phone lays flush and lens is away from the surface by a fraction. Still wouldn't say it's 'protected' though.
    Menage likes this.
    11-08-16 12:23 PM
    This case the phone lays flush and lens is away from the surface by a fraction. Still wouldn't say it's 'protected' though.
    "If the case fits, we must acquit"?
    punbb, lyricidal and 00stryder like this.
    11-08-16 02:24 PM
    Has anyone found a wallet style 4s case that has the fingerprint scanner hole in it. Every cover style case I have found for the 4s with the credit card / money holder front cover is solid on the back without a hole for the finger print scanner similar to this one.
    https://www.amazon.com/Starhemei-Leather-Alcatel-Smatphone-Wallet-Black/dp/B01G82DUZK
    11-08-16 04:23 PM
    How does the grip feel? This phone is so freaking slippery!
    11-08-16 08:46 PM
    I emailed StilGut about coming out with a case for the Dtek60 and this was their reply:

"Thank you very much for your inquiry.
    Unfortunately, we have not planned to release BlackBerry DTEK60 cases for so far.
    I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.
    However, I think it's still possible that we will have them sometime in the future as we have cases for DTEK50.

Best regards,
    Rie Kamoya

StilGut GmbH
    Geneststrase 5
    10829 Berlin"

I guess I'll continue using the Soft Gel Case that came with the DTek60 for now.
    11-08-16 10:45 PM
    If you have the PRIV belt clip pouch it fits the Dtek60. Loosely though.
    11-10-16 10:03 PM
    I wonder if that holster would fit a Dtek60 with a case on...

If you have the PRIV belt clip pouch it fits the Dtek60. Loosely though.
    11-10-16 10:47 PM
    Does the Official BlackBerry Flip Case that comes from the CrackBerry bundle work well?

Items I am unsure of:
    - LED cutout on from of case?
    - Are there speakers on the back of the phone? If so, does the case cover them up?
    - Does the back cover protect the camera (Thicker than camera stub out)?

Thanks in advance!
    11-10-16 11:12 PM
    Does the Official BlackBerry Flip Case that comes from the CrackBerry bundle work well?

Items I am unsure of:
    - LED cutout on from of case?
    - Are there speakers on the back of the phone? If so, does the case cover them up?
    - Does the back cover protect the camera (Thicker than camera stub out)?

Thanks in advance!
    LED is hidden but you can see notifications in the window
    Don't think there are speakers on the back and there is a cutout for the front speaker
    Camera is recessed so yes fully protected by the case

I'm not a big fan of flip cases but it does seem like the best option for now unless you go for the Incipio cases
    lyricidal likes this.
    11-11-16 07:55 AM
197 ... 23456 ...