Is the cover available for the lens on the rear of my 60 phone. Mine is cracked, not sure how don't ever recall dropping it, but now I need one.
    04-30-17 09:34 PM
    Dang... that's a bummer. Not sure how you'd even replace it
    04-30-17 10:27 PM
    You'd need to replace the back glass in its entirety, I believe. However, I'm not sure the Idol 4S back glass would fit (and I can't seem to find anyone that's tried).

04-30-17 10:27 PM
    Thanks guys. I wonder if Blackberry will cover it. It's less than a year. Bought through CrackBerry.
    04-30-17 11:06 PM
    You'd need to replace the back glass in its entirety, I believe. However, I'm not sure the Idol 4S back glass would fit (and I can't seem to find anyone that's tried).

Isn't the 4s slightly different? I had to return a 4s case because it didn't fit around the camera properly.
    04-30-17 11:08 PM
    Thanks guys. I wonder if Blackberry will cover it. It's less than a year. Bought through CrackBerry.
    I doubt it. Warranty is usually for only the original buyer. Can't hurt to try though. Good luck!
    04-30-17 11:09 PM
    I am the original buyer.
    04-30-17 11:11 PM
    Isn't the 4s slightly different? I had to return a 4s case because it didn't fit around the camera properly.
    Yeah, seems so. Process should be the same, though.

Good luck finding a DTEK60 back glass, unless one has a DTEK60 for parts for sale.
    05-01-17 12:03 AM
    I am the original buyer.
    Well that's a good start. I don't think they'll cover physical damage, but maybe they can point you in the direction of some replacement parts... hopefully. If you do end up fixing it yourself, I'm sure there's a few people in the forums who would like to see it. Post some pics.
    05-01-17 12:06 AM
    If the diameter of the circular glass cover is the same as the Nexus 5...then this method might do. I believe the part is around $8 - $10 on eBay.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/LG-Nexus-5-D820...674?nav=SEARCH
    05-01-17 09:35 AM
    Looks like am on my own. No warranty from Blackberry. Even worse is they say I have to send it in. They can't say how long it will take to fix, they don't know how long it will cost to fix. Not a good option sadly. Oh well not much I can do.
    05-01-17 04:24 PM
    Looks like am on my own. No warranty from Blackberry. Even worse is they say I have to send it in. They can't say how long it will take to fix, they don't know how long it will cost to fix. Not a good option sadly. Oh well not much I can do.
    I bet you can fix it. Someone has that part for sale.
    05-01-17 05:39 PM
    How badly cracked is it?
    05-01-17 06:17 PM
    I bet you can fix it. Someone has that part for sale.
    Nothing so far as I've searched pretty much everything online and nothing to replace my shattered camera glass. The closest was a local Mom and Pop cellphone repair shop that had Nexus 5 parts but were attached to the camera assembly so he was going to use a heat gun to remove it. Was taking some time so I said don't worry as I didn't want him to just use the glass part and throw the entire assembly away.

FYI placing the glass part of the Nexus 5 assembly directly on top of my D60 cameras glass...it looked pretty damn close to a match in diameter.

Very lucky that it still takes awesome pics because there's no glass in the direct centre as it fell off perfectly with no sharp edges obstructing the camera hence the phone taking its own selfie.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 camera lens cover cracked.-img_20170501_1713481.jpg  
    Last edited by qphone; 05-02-17 at 09:41 AM.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    05-01-17 07:16 PM
    Oh jeeeez.... Yeah that's rough. Good luck!
    05-02-17 02:15 AM
    I have similar issue with the front screen. Cracked, because I dropped it, but in order to fix I'd have to send it in. Could take between 7-14 days and cost between $125-$185, but they couldn't narrow either down. So I have a cracked, yet usable, screen.
    05-02-17 09:32 AM
    Nothing so far as I've searched pretty much everything online and nothing to replace my shattered camera glass. The closest was a local Mom and Pop cellphone repair shop that had Nexus 5 parts but were attached to the camera assembly so he was going to use a heat gun to remove it. Was taking some time so I said don't worry as I didn't want him to just use the glass part and throw the entire assembly away.

FYI placing the glass part of the Nexus 5 assembly directly on top of my D60 cameras glass...it looked pretty damn close to a match in diameter.

Very lucky that it still takes awesome pics because there's no glass in the direct centre as it fell off perfectly with no sharp edges obstructing the camera hence the phone taking its own selfie.
    Mines not cracked quite as bad as yours, and same for me it doesn't affect the pic taken as the cracks are not in the lens view.

How does the nexus 5 glass attach on yours. ?
    05-02-17 01:51 PM
    Mines not cracked quite as bad as yours, and same for me it doesn't affect the pic taken as the cracks are not in the lens view.

How does the nexus 5 glass attach on yours. ?
    If I were to do it since there are no official parts online...I would try this starting from 50 seconds in the YouTube video.

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/LG-Nexus-5-D820...674?nav=SEARCH
    05-02-17 04:55 PM
    I've just replaced the cracked cover on my DTEK60 following the technique in this video ( ). Took about 10 minutes and worked like a charm!

I have my DTEK60 whole again!!!
    08-24-17 12:03 PM
    I tried this on my DTEK60 and it worked great. Since the replacement came in a 3-pack, I have 2 more should I need to do this again. Thanks for the instruction!!
    10-01-17 05:24 PM