First of all, sorry for my poor english lol.
    I just got my DTEK60 like two days ago yet I'm afraid if the rear camera has a defect of not?

The problem is when I try to take a photo under the neon light, black vertical lines appear for like 3 seconds and then suddenly disappear. If I shoot a photo when those black lines show it will be seen as yellow lines in my photo (Please see the picture I attach) My s7 edge doesn't face this problem :-( so I wonder if my DTEK60 has a defect or is it normal?

All the comments would be highly appreciated, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Camera defect?-img_20171018_174648.jpg  
    Last edited by Bx01; 10-18-17 at 06:24 AM.
    10-18-17 06:08 AM
    anyone facing the same problem? :-/
    10-19-17 06:56 AM
    Bx01, I don't have this problem with my DTek60. If it happens on every picture, I would expect it to be a camera problem. I assume you have already done the basic support checks like rebooting the phone and installing all updates. I would try downloading a separate camera app from the Google Play store and see if you have the same issue. If you do, it's the camera hardware, if you don't, it's the software.

Hope you find resolution.
    10-19-17 12:44 PM
    Bx01, I don't have this problem with my DTek60. If it happens on every picture, I would expect it to be a camera problem. I assume you have already done the basic support checks like rebooting the phone and installing all updates. I would try downloading a separate camera app from the Google Play store and see if you have the same issue. If you do, it's the camera hardware, if you don't, it's the software.

10-19-17 12:44 PM
    First of all, sorry for my poor english lol.
    I just got my DTEK60 like two days ago yet I'm afraid if the rear camera has a defect of not?

The problem is when I try to take a photo under the neon light, black vertical lines appear for like 3 seconds and then suddenly disappear. If I shoot a photo when those black lines show it will be seen as yellow lines in my photo (Please see the picture I attach) My s7 edge doesn't face this problem :-( so I wonder if my DTEK60 has a defect or is it normal?

All the comments would be highly appreciated, thanks!
    That looks like it may be the type of lighting in that area. Try taking some pictures somewhere else like outdoors or somewhere that has a different type of lighting.
    10-19-17 11:47 PM

Uhmmm... Thanks! other camera apps also have the same problem tho. But I have tried to use the app that has anti banding and set it to 50Hz, the lines were all disappeared.
    10-20-17 01:44 AM
    That looks like it may be the type of lighting in that area. Try taking some pictures somewhere else like outdoors or somewhere that has a different type of lighting.
    Yep. That's true, if i turn off the light in my room or take a pic outside the lines won't appear. Do yours have this kind of problem?
    10-20-17 01:49 AM
    Here, I recorded a video :-/

10-20-17 06:07 AM
    If it doesn't happen under incandescent lighting (or outdoors) it's not the camera, it's the fact that the light is pulsing at the line frequency and the shutter speed is higher than 1/2 that rate. What this means is that parts of the shutter are open during the time the light is actually OFF.

This problem can show up with any camera and the only real answer to it under that sort of lighting is to adjust the shutter speed (and ISO and/or aperture to maintain proper exposure) lower than the line frequency. Depending on the specific type of lighting you may need a shutter speed slower than 1/2 the line frequency.

Some cameras try to detect this condition and adjust their exposure to either try to be fully open at the time the light is "full on" (and short enough to capture the image while it's on) or similar. That sometimes works, and sometimes not, depending on the specifics of the lighting (and camera itself.)
    10-20-17 08:33 AM