Rear facing camera suddenly won't focus. How can I fix this? In Hawaii and have to use my old point and shoot camera. Sucks.
    Last edited by spreid; 12-04-17 at 05:28 PM.
    12-04-17 03:14 PM
    This issue is not inherent with the update. Seems fine here.

Try cleaning the lens?
    12-04-17 03:26 PM
    Front-facing camera is fixed-focus.....
    12-04-17 04:44 PM
    I meant the rear camera. Nothing but blurry unless it's a close shot. Seems like the auto focus isn't working anymore. Lens is clean.
    12-04-17 05:23 PM
    Done
    12-04-17 05:30 PM
    Meant rear
    12-04-17 05:30 PM
    That sounds like a mechanical failure in the camera. No drops or similar? I'd try a hard reset before condemning it but that's not a good sign at all.

If you open the camera app and click on the screen is there a reaction and do you get the green circle?
    Last edited by tickerguy; 12-04-17 at 07:37 PM.
    12-04-17 06:45 PM
    Any chance you used it on a bicycle/moped/motorcycle with a mount?
    12-05-17 01:36 AM
    I'm having this same issue for months. I simply don't use the camera. actually forced to use iPhone as daily driver
    12-06-17 07:54 PM
    it's terrible
    12-06-17 07:55 PM
    i had the same problem with the camera, blurry images , no focusing at all and only close shots were clear. I tried hard reset but no help at all... so I decided to send it to blackberry service while I was still on warranty. The result was 2 months without a phone and eventually they replaced my phone with a new DTEK60 because all this time they were waiting for the replacement camera part and it never came... So if you still on warranty try contact them but keep in mind that you have to be very patient.
    12-07-17 07:24 AM
    I tried this , called they told me I was on warranty so I sent it. But I guess my warranty expired once they had it. Then they contacted me saying I was no longer on warranty so I had to pay like 200$
    Not worth it to me. So it resulted in me not having my phone for two weeks and nothing was resolved. Loss of time and money. Smh
    12-10-17 01:09 PM
    Mine is stuck in macro mode. Despite what the apps say for distance, I always focus up close. I did drop my phone, with its padded case, but if it's hardware I'm screwed. I just had the mic fixed on warranty, but I think October or so I was done. Everything else seems to work, it thinks it's focused.

PP Silver Ed. and DTEK60
    12-19-17 01:13 PM
    The voicecoil (focusing motor) has been damaged..... unfortunately.

You could buy mine (it's on the marketplace here) :-)
    12-19-17 01:55 PM
    I dropped mine too. Surprised that one drop kills the focus so easily.
    12-20-17 12:24 AM
    The voicecoils used in these cameras (all of them, not brand-specific) are quite fragile. The irony is that the better (larger aperture, glass .vs. plastic) lens systems are more-susceptible to damage, simply because they mass more and thus the momentum from a drop is greater (more risk of breaking something internally.)

The "G" forces from a drop onto a hard surface are surprisingly high -- even from modest distances. Blunting that, if a drop happens, is one of the reasons that a case with some amount of "give" (e.g. Incipio's offerings) is important.
    12-20-17 07:31 AM
    The voicecoil (focusing motor) has been damaged..... unfortunately.

You could buy mine (it's on the marketplace here) :-)
    I know this is kind of an old thread but how much are you selling your camera? My phone accidently slipped from my hand and now the camera is not focusing from afar, but does to when close to something
    05-29-18 01:52 PM
    I tried this , called they told me I was on warranty so I sent it. But I guess my warranty expired once they had it. Then they contacted me saying I was no longer on warranty so I had to pay like 200$
    Not worth it to me. So it resulted in me not having my phone for two weeks and nothing was resolved. Loss of time and money. Smh
    This was pretty **** poor customer service.

If you have record of your call to them while under warranty it may have been worth a fight. Also, when they looked up your warranty they should have known how close you were to expiration.

Did you delay sending it in? When did the warranty run out? While your phone was in transit to them? While in their possession?

Sent from a Blackkberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-30-18 09:24 PM