Ordered this AM around 830am. Still haven't received the confirmation email yet. Hopefully soon...
    10-25-16 10:12 AM
    This device looks awesome. I think that for the price and the specs it is totally worth it, if only the consumer market could see past the BlackBerry logo.
    10-25-16 10:20 AM
    This device looks awesome. I think that for the price and the specs it is totally worth it, if only the consumer market could see past the BlackBerry logo.
    What BlackBerry logo?

But consumers would need to know this phone even exists....
    10-25-16 10:55 AM
    If your government quit playing around with their economic policy you wouldn't have a crashing Loonie. But you do. That's not BlackBerry's fault, it's yours -- you live there and can vote, but you're addicted to the crazy garbage that's going on in your nation.

Yeah, it's bad here in the US, but it's worse there, and nowhere does it show up more than in products made in NEITHER country.

$499 US for this device, with this set of specs, is a very fair deal. The Pixel is roughly DOUBLE the price (with the expanded memory, which you need since you can't use an SD card), as is the iPhone and other similar "flagships."

We'll see if it sells, but if it doesn't it won't be due to the pricing.
    You know nothing about economics apparently. The Canadian dollar is tied to our resources, mainly Oil. The US Government still buys half its Oil from Miiddle East and Venezuela when you could get it all from Canada but why you would support the safest way to transport it? (see Keystone Pipeline) .
    I'm a conservative by nature but you have no idea why our dollar is what it's at.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 10-25-16 at 11:35 AM.
    10-25-16 11:11 AM
    Ordered about a half hour ago. I've already received email confirmation with shipping in 1 to 2 business days.
    10-25-16 11:17 AM
    Ordered about a half hour ago. I've already received email confirmation with shipping in 1 to 2 business days.
    Thats good! Where are you based?
    10-25-16 11:24 AM
    If your government quit playing around with their economic policy you wouldn't have a crashing Loonie. But you do. That's not BlackBerry's fault, it's yours -- you live there and can vote, but you're addicted to the crazy garbage that's going on in your nation.

Yeah, it's bad here in the US, but it's worse there, and nowhere does it show up more than in products made in NEITHER country.

$499 US for this device, with this set of specs, is a very fair deal. The Pixel is roughly DOUBLE the price (with the expanded memory, which you need since you can't use an SD card), as is the iPhone and other similar "flagships."

We'll see if it sells, but if it doesn't it won't be due to the pricing.
    huh? Since what crazy garbage? of course you live in the States, can tell by this post. Hang in there my friend.
    Pinot2015 likes this.
    10-25-16 11:29 AM
    Finally a decent looking new BlackBerry with really nice high-end specs! The price is also very good. I'm glad BlackBerry is offering great competition again.
    10-25-16 11:48 AM
    huh? Since what crazy garbage? of course you live in the States, can tell by this post. Hang in there my friend.
    He was probably talking about your taxes, same thing even Canadians complain about when it comes to buying cell phones and cell phone plans, but yes, for the sake of your argument, let's pretend it's a non-issue. And before you get into some self-esteem boosting rant against the US, keep in mind the comment it was in reply to. Someone was complaining that they have to pay over $650 CAD for this phone, thus the reply about the tax situation. Has nothing to do with whatever other messed up thing you're just itching to bring up about the USA. But anyway, don't let me stop you if you feel the itch. Scratch away.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-25-16 11:57 AM
    He was probably talking about your taxes, same thing even Canadians complain about when it comes to buying cell phones and cell phone plans, but yes, for the sake of your argument, let's pretend it's a non-issue. And before you get into some self-esteem boosting rant against the US, keep in mind the comment it was in reply to. Someone was complaining that they have to pay over $650 CAD for this phone, thus the reply about the tax situation. Has nothing to do with whatever other messed up thing you're just itching to bring up about the USA. But anyway, don't let me stop you if you feel the itch. Scratch away.

Dont worry scratch as hard as you want , free health care for Canadians
    10-25-16 11:59 AM
    You know nothing about economics apparently. The Canadian dollar is tied to our resources, mainly Oil. The US Government still buys half its Oil from Miiddle East and Venezuela when you could get it all from Canada but why you would support the safest way to transport it? (see Keystone Pipeline) .
    I'm a conservative by nature but you have no idea why our dollar is what it's at.
    Why don't they buy from Canada them bud

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    10-25-16 12:02 PM
    Dont worry scratch as hard as you want , free health care for Canadians
    Ah there you go. Feel better about yourself now? Good :-)

10-25-16 12:05 PM
    Ah there you go. Feel better about yourself now? Good :-)

Yet I don't complain about much about living Canada, love it here.
    10-25-16 12:13 PM

haaaa not itching about bringing up anything. Obviously there is tension there. The same thoughts/beliefs/opinions I have about any affair of any country for that matter will be the same across any border as well as best wishes to any place.
    10-25-16 12:23 PM
    Why don't they buy from Canada them bud

#dirtythirty #naturalsound #CB10 #glassweave
    Really? You really don't know? Half of all US consumption of oil comes from CANADA! We just can't transport enough of it to get it refined in US to be used by 100% of your citizens. Why should USA not be self sufficient with Oil from your own country and Canada? Your current President and future one care more about not building a pipeline cross border and would rather support middle east.
    BTW, the safety and emissions control of Oil are far more regulated in Canada.
    We will just keep transporting Oil by train to US until the next environmental disaster and people killing oil train accident. Pipeline would be so much safer. Politics of the uneducated always play a huge role in the USA when trying to attract voters.
    Just wait till we start selling it all to China in a few years. The USA will go "oh crap did we f up"

Regardless, this was about our dollar being less as it is really tied to Oil prices.
    Glad to debate this any day.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 10-25-16 at 01:19 PM.
    10-25-16 12:27 PM
    Thats good! Where are you based?
    I'm in the Chicago area.
    10-25-16 01:04 PM
    Yet I don't complain about much about living Canada, love it here.
    That's so great. Nobody here is saying anything against that, but if you needed to get that off your chest, then I'm glad to be of service. :-)

10-25-16 01:17 PM
    haaaa not itching about bringing up anything. Obviously there is tension there. The same thoughts/beliefs/opinions I have about any affair of any country for that matter will be the same across any border as well as best wishes to any place.
    I personally have no tension with anyone from anywhere. But I also am not blind and notice that on the internet there's plenty of people who always try to find some random way to talk down about the USA. Seems like a self-esteem issue to me if someone really needs to talk badly about people they've never met in order to feel better about themselves. But glad you don't suffer from that. :-)

10-25-16 01:19 PM
    I personally have no tension with anyone from anywhere. But I also am not blind and notice that on the internet there's plenty of people who always try to find some random way to talk down about the USA. Seems like a self-esteem issue to me if someone really needs to talk badly about people they've never met in order to feel better about themselves. But glad you don't suffer from that. :-)

Presidential candidates

Just playing
    10-25-16 01:23 PM
    Presidential candidates

Just playing
    Just a little heads up, perhaps you need to re-read my original comment. I'm starting to think that you have misunderstood something, or that you're just trying really hard to continuously prove my point...

10-25-16 01:29 PM
    And it was ordered within 20 minutes of you posting! Now we wait!
    10-25-16 01:33 PM
    Guys lets ease off the US/CAD Country comments. We are here to talk about the DTEK60 and a new outlook for Blackberry not get into national insults over taxes and foreign exchange. thats silly!

Look, the Canadian Loonie is in the f!@#$n sh!thole! There is nothing we can do about it. Back in 2012 the CAD dollar was equal to the US. I remember those days buying stuff on Amazon.com, it was cheaper to buy electronics in the US as they were cheaper than to buy them in Canada. I was buying everything from the US that time, but now it's become expensive. If our dollar goes back up again, we will benefit from this again, but I don't forsee this happening again. Anyways just suck it up or wait a few months for a price drop and pounce on it and buy when the price seems reasonable to you.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-25-16 01:36 PM
    Guys lets ease off the US/CAD Country comments. We are here to talk about the DTEK60 and a new outlook for Blackberry not get into national insults over taxes and foreign exchange. thats silly!

Look, the Canadian Loonie is in the f!@#$n sh!thole! There is nothing we can do about it. Back in 2012 the CAD dollar was equal to the US. I remember those days buying stuff on Amazon.com, it was cheaper to buy electronics in the US as they were cheaper than to buy them in Canada. I was buying everything from the US that time, but now it's become expensive. If our dollar goes back up again, we will benefit from this again, but I don't forsee this happening again. Anyways just suck it up or wait a few months for a price drop and pounce on it and buy when the price seems reasonable to you.
    I'm waiting for that to happen again so I can scoop up some cars
    10-25-16 01:38 PM

I don't even get it, the device came in actually less than most expected at 649 cdn. I would have bought it at 699 which is still a respectable price
    10-25-16 01:40 PM
    But glad you don't suffer from that. :-)

Did you or are you getting the Dtek60 or do you have the 50?
    10-25-16 02:01 PM
54 123