One feature I loved about BB OS was the ability to locate my device using protect.blackberry.com

Is this feature still available on the DTEK60?

It's one thing keeping my stuck to iOS. It's so easy for my wife to see my location from her iphone to mine
    and while not as convenient it's still easy enough to do for her when I used BB OS phones.
    Didn't know if this was the same with BB Android phones.
    10-31-16 01:05 PM
    Yes you use Android Device Manager, it's a very very old feature.

Basically use the browser to find the Android Phone

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 01:11 PM
    One feature I loved about BB OS was the ability to locate my device using protect.blackberry.com

Is this feature still available on the DTEK60?

It's one thing keeping my stuck to iOS. It's so easy for my wife to see my location from her iphone to mine
    and while not as convenient it's still easy enough to do for her when I used BB OS phones.
    Didn't know if this was the same with BB Android phones.
    Yeah my wife loves that feature on her iPhone... helps with keeping up with the kids.

Haven't seen an iOS App that will find an Android phone (has to be one). But you can use the browser... just a lot of steps.
    10-31-16 01:15 PM
    Yeah my wife loves that feature on her iPhone... helps with keeping up with the kids.

Haven't seen an iOS App that will find an Android phone (has to be one). But you can use the browser... just a lot of steps.
    There are dozens of cross platform apps for this purpose.
    The most popular one seems to be "family locater" by LIFE 360.
    They work way better than the iOs "find my iPhone".
    So many people think you can only do this on iPhone so they stay. Same with iMessage/Facetime.
    This is the biggest myth about iOs also that you can't transfer your iTunes to Android.
    This is why I hate Apple because they are so closed and don't give a crap about other non iOs users. It will burn them someday.
    See BBM for history on that.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    10-31-16 02:11 PM
    So the short answer is No, one cannot use protect.blackberry.com for the DTEK60
    11-01-16 11:20 AM
    So the short answer is No, one cannot use protect.blackberry.com for the DTEK60
    No because you are on Android now. Use Android Device Manager or the app I noted above. Both can be accessed from a desktop to track your phone down ..
    11-01-16 05:57 PM
    On my PRIV, the DTEK app actually monitors the Android Device Manager to make sure it's active. I'm sure the DTEK60 is configured the same way. To actually find the Android Device Manager, it is in Settings>Google>Security in case you're curious.
    11-01-16 06:04 PM