does anybody know what 10125 is. ?
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-31806.jpg  
    12-09-16 02:18 PM
    I don't know, but if you are getting 17 hours at 17 percent, I need to find it.
    12-09-16 02:38 PM
    I don't know, but if you are getting 17 hours at 17 percent, I need to find it.
    Lol ikr

Posted via Passport SE
    12-09-16 09:41 PM
    Look at cpu 3 and 4. They're not downclocking.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13835.jpg  
    12-09-16 11:38 PM
    does anybody know what 10125 is. ?
    It's an uninstalled app. Restart and it should disappear.
    12-10-16 09:07 AM
    Just checked mine again since I last posted on this thread a few days ago. This time woke up at 1 and unplugged since I left it charged before going to bed at 9.

Glanced at Facebook a bit before falling back asleep. This is the readout when I woke up this morning at 7:30ish.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-screenshot_20161210-073454.jpg  
    12-10-16 10:04 AM
    As soon as I got my DTEK60, was actually just gonna use the browser to access FB but others on this forum have said try the app first. I guess so far so good that it ain't killing my battery as bad as I thought.

I also don't leave Apps running. If not being used...i shut them off. Also assigned Bluetooth to my convenience key for quick on/off. Bluetooth and NFC are on only when I need it.

When I jump into my car and realize that can't make calls...damn OK press the convenience key and all's good since Bluetooth is back online. Then when back in the house I turn it off. I only use NFC for tap and pay and the extremely rare transferring of files, photos, vids to other NFC phones. Then when done I turn off.

Here's the battery after some heavy use from lunch time to roughly now again since my phone was unplugged from 1am last night.
    I have a smart tag in my car to turn the Bluetooth on, with my Priv and previous BB10 devices. Just tap and it pairs.
    12-10-16 10:55 AM
    I have a smart tag in my car to turn the Bluetooth on, with my Priv and previous BB10 devices. Just tap and it pairs.
    Does leaving nfc on all the time not become a battery drain in itself. I also use the Bluetooth to pair up with my earpiece in the car and don't mind unlocking it to do it. Have it assigned to one of the three swipe up functions.
    12-10-16 11:21 AM
    NFC doesn't seem to be an issue for me. Bluetooth, though? Definitely.
    12-10-16 11:34 AM
    NFC doesn't seem to be an issue for me. Bluetooth, though? Definitely.
    That's interesting as most of my working days I have a smartwatch connected via Bluetooth and it doesn't use much battery life.
    12-10-16 11:47 AM
    I hate this thing already, bought it launch day, got it 2 days later, loved it.

Out of nowhere, battery started draining like crazy. Dealt with it for a few days, then I did a factory reset, and it didn't improve. why?
    Check the permissions of your running apps
    12-10-16 11:52 AM
    Check the permissions of your running apps
    For?
    12-10-16 01:08 PM
    For?
    After 1 hour on airplane mode
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-15867.jpg  
    12-10-16 01:09 PM
    you aren't very intelligent, are you?

I was asked what I dislike about the 60 over my PRIV. THE BATTERY, IN IT'S ENTIRETY. I honestly hope you have to deal with these brilliant customer support techs.

They called me today to let me know that it's totally normal to expect the phone to drain 15 percent per hour at idle. They're pretty stupid. They then proceeded to tell me that it's because of all the apps I have open. Still drains like crazy when I have no apps open. Then they said it's because I leave wifi and Bluetooth on. But I shut them off.

BlackBerry customer support is a far cry from what it was in the days of the Curve and Bold. I guess that's what happens when you outsource your phone production to TCL.
    Unlikely.

Steps to diagnose:

1. Download OS Monitor from the Play Store (free.) You can also do this with adb, but that app makes it easier. Open it, look at process list. See anything that REMAINS at the top consuming CPU? (It's normal for things to pop in and out of the list.) If your "at rest" CPU (sitting looking at that display) is materially over 6% or so consistently you've got trouble from one or more apps. Try using the square to kill them, but some will restart on their own. Incidentally one known very bad actor is the T-Mobile "Tuesdays" app; it will CPU-lock the phone and blow up your battery life. Another is Gasbuddy. If anything is shown there causing trouble remove the app.

2. Still no joy? Reboot and put the phone in AIRPLANE MODE. Now see what you got. The drain should be an effective ZERO with the screen off; you should be able to have the device powered up for a week or more on a single charge in Airplane Mode. Of course nothing communicates, BUT the CPU and rest of the device is powered, ex-screen. If this solves the problem then *an app or something your phone is talking to is causing the problem.* If it doesn't then the battery is probably defective.

3. If Airplane Mode DOES resolve the problem then you need to figure out what YOU have loaded, or what about your environment, is causing problems. Network screwups on the cell side (which you can't control much on) can do this, but are *reasonably* rare. If you're on T-Mobile you can disable LTE or even 4G (forcing UMTS/EDGE if available) if that's where the issue is, but with a hideous performance penalty when in use. AT&T locks out that menu entirely, so if you're on them (and they're notorious for having this sort of problem in certain areas too) you're more-or-less hosed. WiFi problems that force disconnect/reconnect on a continual basis will do it too, as will Bluetooth devices that are unable to maintain a stable connection. A "searching" Bluetooth or WiFi radio doesn't use much power (on the phone) but one that constantly reconnects and causes a resync request with another device does.

Android, unfortunately, has a lot of "rogue" apps that cause power drain issues and can be hard to isolate. With that said I saw the same problem on occasion with my Passport, and it too was App-related... there were just fewer of them.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 12-10-16 at 04:09 PM.
    00stryder likes this.
    12-10-16 02:04 PM
    It's an uninstalled app. Restart and it should disappear.
    Thanks. Your right restarted and now gone. 🍻
    12-10-16 03:34 PM
    Sat for a while, it was charging. Nothing was lighting up as high use
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-15901.jpg  
    12-10-16 05:50 PM
    Used an autoloader, this is what it's doing now. If it stays like this, I'm happy.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-9777.jpg  
    12-10-16 09:19 PM
    Battery is still draining
    Last edited by Cool Niceman; 12-11-16 at 07:01 AM.
    12-10-16 10:38 PM
    Woke up to take a leak, phone was at 100, let it sit idle for 4 hours, still draining pretty quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-9781.jpg  
    12-11-16 07:02 AM
    Uninstall Facebook and messenger and monitor the use.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-16 09:14 AM
    The above steps will identify the culprit, which you have not taken. I see you have Facefarce on the phone, which is known to have issues (as does Facebook's messenger app) with drain. GSAM Battery monitor will give you a MUCH more complete analysis of what's eating power than the internal tools - here's my battery graph and what GSAM says (I was updating my server's VPN software this morning, so that's why the VPN app has material power use since last charge) -- you can see that even though I've only burned a couple of percent since taking it off charge this AM there are a decent collection of apps that have used *some* juice, while the OS's tools don't show them.

Again, until and unless you stick the phone in airplane mode you simply cannot claim the battery itself is the cause of the problem (e.g. self-discharge due to defect.) It probably is NOT; the issue is almost-certainly one or more of your loaded apps. That's neither the device's hardware nor BlackBerry software's fault -- its happening because of a decision you made to load and use specific applications. I refuse to load Facefarce or its Messenger app since both are power pigs AND I strongly dislike the company and its policies; if I want to get to it I use it through the browser.

I have had to remove a material number of apps over time for exactly this sort of reason -- either they refuse to play nice with their power drain (usually because they're data-mining me to hell and back and the authors are selling that data to any who wish to buy) or they demand to be able to use privileges I will not grant and refuse to run without them. Among those that I have blackballed on my phone for these reasons are GasBuddy (hideous drain if Bluetooth is enabled; it's trying to find beacons to send your data back to its publishers), anything Facesucker publishes, Snapchat (one of the worst) and a few more.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-2016-12-11-16.09.47.jpg   DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-2016-12-11-16.10.53.jpg  
    12-11-16 10:14 AM
    For some reason, media is killing it
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10335.jpg  
    12-11-16 03:19 PM
    why do you call facebook "facefarce"? wouldn't farcebook make more sense?
    12-11-16 05:01 PM
    why do you call facebook "facefarce"? wouldn't farcebook make more sense?
    Repaired my sd card in my computer and it seems to have remedied it.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-9805.jpg  
    12-11-16 07:46 PM
    I haven't had any SD card issues on the DTEK60 (other than a few random unmounts that immediate re-mounted) but I did notice that the SD card, coupled with the early versions of the Microsoft Exfat driver pushed out to the Priv caused all manner of problems with my battery life.

On the DTEK60 the culprits are, as others have mentioned, Facebook and Facebook Messenger. I don't currently have either installed on my DTEK60, but have tried having them installed one at a time and together since the DTEK60 launched. Facebook is the much bigger battery sucker of the two, but even Messenger still contributed to 4-6% drain on battery over a full 100% to 5% cycle when not being used. I just go with the FB Mobile site in Chrome and nothing at all for Messenger on mobile.

It is funny, the Windows 10 FB Messenger app on Windows Phone is better optimized from a battery drain point of view, and even the years old Windows Phone 8.1 version was better on battery management than the current versions being pushed out for Android.
    12-11-16 08:35 PM
171 ... 23456 ...