my DTEK left my priv in the dust at first, now it's junk.
    Interesting. What specifically about the experience with the DTEK degraded? Just battery or others?
    12-04-16 06:08 AM
    The battery, in it's entirety.
    12-04-16 08:22 AM
    The battery, in it's entirety.
    what a useful comment. good contribution.
    12-05-16 07:30 AM
    So for me, going from the 60 back to the Priv I have observed the following:

Priv has:
    - More consistent battery life and longevity (especially stand-by battery life)
    - A better overall hub experience (Not really sure why yet. I am still trying to figure it out, but the experience is better)
    - Better VKB typing experience (Again, I'm still trying to put my finger on why, but I find it much easier to type on the Priv VKB than 60. I am coming from a Passport.)
    - Multicolor LED Notification (It's amazing how much you miss this when it just blinks red)
    - Larger battery (3400 mah vs 3000 mah)

Dtek60 has:
    - Much better screen. (Brightness, sharpness, color)
    - Improved Camera.
    - Snappy. fluid usage (0 lag - better processor)
    - Much thinner, lighter design
    - Fingerprint scanner

So what does it all mean? Well for me, battery life and hub are my number 1 priorities when it comes to choosing a phone. It's the main reason why I've found it so hard to budge from the Passport.

I will say though that the Dtek60 is a great mass appeal phone and I think should go well with typical mainstream buyers (and hopefully does --- seen all good reviews so far). Hardcore BB users however tend to not form to that same mold.
    12-05-16 08:16 AM
    He was responding to the question that was asked if him though...

On topic: I've been okay with my battery life for the most part, but do notice a significant drain during active use (idle is great though), going down 5% or so in less than 30 minutes. Even with dimming my screen and not on any social media apps. Screen is usually always the culprit and/or Android OS processes, which is vague. Haven't decided whether I'm going to pursue the warranty route since QC 3.0 is so handy and unless I'm outside for extended periods of time it's not a huge deal to me.
    12-05-16 09:10 AM
    you aren't very intelligent, are you?

I was asked what I dislike about the 60 over my PRIV. THE BATTERY, IN IT'S ENTIRETY. I honestly hope you have to deal with these brilliant customer support techs.

They called me today to let me know that it's totally normal to expect the phone to drain 15 percent per hour at idle. They're pretty stupid. They then proceeded to tell me that it's because of all the apps I have open. Still drains like crazy when I have no apps open. Then they said it's because I leave wifi and Bluetooth on. But I shut them off.

BlackBerry customer support is a far cry from what it was in the days of the Curve and Bold. I guess that's what happens when you outsource your phone production to TCL.
    12-05-16 06:26 PM
    I would say 15% idle drain in an hour is possible, but certainly not normal.
    12-05-16 06:42 PM
    I would say 15% idle drain in an hour is possible, but certainly not normal.
    IFFFFF I had things open. It does that whether I have facebook and messenger and anything else installed. It was PHENOMENAL at first, easily the best phone I ever head.
    12-05-16 06:51 PM
    And that also means about 6 hours of battery life on standby. Which is ridiculous.
    12-05-16 08:06 PM
    IFFFFF I had things open. It does that whether I have facebook and messenger and anything else installed. It was PHENOMENAL at first, easily the best phone I ever head.
    It's the kind of situation that make me crazy.

At this point , you should make a factory reset, open the phone and make a video to see the device battery drain. Then you call back BlackBerry and say them they have to replace your device or look at your video on YouTube 😡😡😡

That been said, let's say the DTEK60 battery is not crazy but the fast charge yes . I lost 20% per hours listening music with volume at max as compare to 3 % with the Z30, 6% with Priv and 9% with iPhone 6s plus.
    12-05-16 08:32 PM
    And that also means about 6 hours of battery life on standby. Which is ridiculous.
    Yep. According to BlackBerry, that's the standard.
    12-05-16 09:08 PM
    Phone sat essentially untouched all day, as you can see by the screen percentage.

I got an update last night, and it seemed to help a little bit.

Is this what I should expect? Does it seem low?
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13031.jpg  
    12-07-16 04:36 PM
    The good old blackberry days are over. Now we have to settle with a great phone with awful battery, I'm talking about my Priv

Posted via Passport SE
    12-07-16 05:12 PM
    OP are you sure that you hadn't inadvertently updated the BlackBerry Hub+ and fallen foul of the recent issues with that?

Some (not all) have had massive problems with some conflicts caused by the recent 1st December (could be 2nd Dec) update which caused overheating and lots of data usage. My Priv was hot and killing the battery in about 6 hours.
    12-08-16 06:18 AM
    Phone sat essentially untouched all day, as you can see by the screen percentage.

I got an update last night, and it seemed to help a little bit.

Is this what I should expect? Does it seem low?
    Does seem a little weird considering your Screen is not at the top of the list. Usually Screen is what would drain the most battery.

What kind of Screen On Time are you getting? If you click on the Screen in this list it will show it there.
    12-08-16 01:15 PM
    Does seem a little weird considering your Screen is not at the top of the list. Usually Screen is what would drain the most battery.

What kind of Screen On Time are you getting? If you click on the Screen in this list it will show it there.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13373.jpg  
    12-08-16 07:05 PM
    I agree with all of you. The battery in the beginning was amazing. Now its just ok. With QC it's fine for me. I just have to charge it more often. Hope they solve this issue asap.
    Darcy9463 likes this.
    12-08-16 08:33 PM
    So apparently I'm not the only one. Maybe BlackBerry should have told me.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13412.jpg  
    12-08-16 10:27 PM
    So apparently I'm not the only one. Maybe BlackBerry should have told me.
    New Hub+ update in the Google Play Store now
    12-08-16 11:00 PM
    New Hub+ update in the Google Play Store now
    And going by some of the reviews some people are still having issues. I think I will wait another day or so and keep watching the forum before downloading
    12-09-16 02:04 AM
    This is great
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13719.jpg  
    12-09-16 08:26 AM
    This is great
    Not as great as mine
    DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-screenshot_20161209-145433.jpg
    12-09-16 08:55 AM
    Luckily for me, my sarcasm detection is greater than yours.
    00stryder, falbo and trittandon like this.
    12-09-16 09:18 AM
    Luckily for me, my sarcasm detection is greater than yours.
    Sorry to hear about the issues. One thing I would suggest - as I'm sure you've seen called out in the forums elsewhere - is that there's been a nasty bug in Hub+ Services (the guts of what makes the Hub and all the other BlackBerry apps work) that was ripping through battery life really badly. We pushed out a fix for it yesterday and many users have noted that it quite helped with their battery life. Go take a look in the Google Play store for an update to Hub+ Services and install it ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised if this helps get you back on track. You'll be looking for version 1.4.1.42919.
    12-09-16 09:45 AM
    Sorry to hear about the issues. One thing I would suggest - as I'm sure you've seen called out in the forums elsewhere - is that there's been a nasty bug in Hub+ Services (the guts of what makes the Hub and all the other BlackBerry apps work) that was ripping through battery life really badly. We pushed out a fix for it yesterday and many users have noted that it quite helped with their battery life. Go take a look in the Google Play store for an update to Hub+ Services and install it ASAP. I wouldn't be surprised if this helps get you back on track. You'll be looking for version 1.4.1.42919.
    I already got it. Made it worse. I've been dealing with your genius customer support team, and I gotta say, if you have blood pressure issues , that's a number you don't want to call.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13765.jpg  
    Alain_A likes this.
    12-09-16 12:18 PM
171 12345 ...