As soon as I got my DTEK60, was actually just gonna use the browser to access FB but others on this forum have said try the app first. I guess so far so good that it ain't killing my battery as bad as I thought.

I also don't leave Apps running. If not being used...i shut them off. Also assigned Bluetooth to my convenience key for quick on/off. Bluetooth and NFC are on only when I need it.

When I jump into my car and realize that can't make calls...damn OK press the convenience key and all's good since Bluetooth is back online. Then when back in the house I turn it off. I only use NFC for tap and pay and the extremely rare transferring of files, photos, vids to other NFC phones. Then when done I turn off.

Here's the battery after some heavy use from lunch time to roughly now again since my phone was unplugged from 1am last night.
    that's better than i'm getting.
    does bluetooth use that much battery? Mine is on 24/7... i like your idea... IF it does use a lot of battery.

NVM... just checked. bluetooth on all day. 1% battery use. connected to my car 2x for 25 mins each, and headset once for 10 mins. cool idea, but doesn't help me much.
    trader69 and Darcy9463 like this.
    11-30-16 04:32 PM
    I disabled a bunch of stuff, not sure why people are attacking me.

The battery life was excellent at first, now I'm lucky to get 10 hours of idle time before it dies.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10821.jpg  
    Darcy9463 likes this.
    11-30-16 09:45 PM
    Image 2
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10820.jpg  
    11-30-16 09:46 PM
    Background stuff
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10819.jpg  
    11-30-16 09:46 PM
    This stuff
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10818.jpg  
    11-30-16 09:47 PM
    And this
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10817.jpg  
    11-30-16 09:47 PM
    Let me guess - you have Snapchat on the phone. It's a pig.

BTW you can download a tool called "OS Monitor" from the Play Store which will tell you what apps are running at any given point in time. If you find something nailing the CPU, well......
    Lol I don't use snap chat
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-10823.jpg  
    11-30-16 10:24 PM
    your battery might have been spoiled i guess, return your phone for a warranty, that's what i can say for now..
    12-01-16 03:07 AM
    That still doesn't tell us much. AFTER a nearly full discharge, go to:
    SETTINGS > BATTERY (under Device)

The items listed here will tell us WHAT is eating up your battery. i.e. screen = 2%, android system = 2%, facebook = 4% etc.
    12-01-16 06:41 AM
    I hate this thing already, bought it launch day, got it 2 days later, loved it.

Out of nowhere, battery started draining like crazy. Dealt with it for a few days, then I did a factory reset, and it didn't improve. why?
    Cool Niceman,

I experienced the same - the battery wasn't performing in line with what others were experiencing. I got in touch with BlackBerry where I bought it, sent it back then ordered another. The second device is absolutely faultless and the battery is awesome.
    Darcy9463 likes this.
    12-01-16 08:21 AM
    I'll be honest, battery hasn't been great for me lately especially today. Fully charged my phone late morning and it's almost depleted already. Plus the battery status screen doesn't seem to add up:

DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-218405.jpg
    Darcy9463 likes this.
    12-01-16 09:27 AM
    12-01-16 09:28 AM
    take it back and get a new one and i bet you will be flying and smoking and so fricking happy you wont be able to stand your self, lol

Batteries and be bad
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-01-16 11:49 AM
    take it back and get a new one and i bet you will be flying and smoking and so fricking happy you wont be able to stand your self, lol

Batteries and be bad
    Like me hehehe
    12-01-16 12:23 PM
    If you look at bottom...

13h battery life and 3.5 h screen on time for the last month on average

Do you have better stats
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-41964.jpg  
    12-01-16 02:21 PM
    Sorry for your troubles. Return the phone.

Battery on my 60 better than either my Priv or Z30.
    12-01-16 03:29 PM
    The battery life was outstanding for the first few weeks, now it's horrible. BlackBerry is giving me the runaround, as I expected. I can't afford to send my phone back and be without it for any amount of time, I use it all day for work. I didn't buy a brand new phone just to go without it.

If they are going to be douchebags about it, I'm going to send it back for a refund and buy an Asus zenfone.
    12-01-16 06:51 PM
    The battery life was outstanding for the first few weeks, now it's horrible. BlackBerry is giving me the runaround, as I expected. I can't afford to send my phone back and be without it for any amount of time, I use it all day for work. I didn't buy a brand new phone just to go without it.

If they are going to be douchebags about it, I'm going to send it back for a refund and buy an Asus zenfone.
    That's unfortunate, you definitely got a dud, I like everyone else have been getting excellent battery experience
    12-01-16 07:21 PM
    That's unfortunate, you definitely got a dud, I like everyone else have been getting excellent battery experience
    Especially since they offer Advance exchange on the website
    12-01-16 08:31 PM
    I tried calling and talking to someone else, wound up getting the same muttonhead. I decided to open a PayPal dispute since they will not get me in contact with a supervisor. Here's the context in my message.

Phone battery defective, followed all BlackBerry troubleshooting instructions including a factory reset. Still unable to get more than 8 hours of battery life, even if phone sits unused for hours at a time.

Contacted customer service, service rep agreed it was a defective battery, and that it would need to be sent in for service. I cannot send my phone in for service, I rely on it for work..

The website specifically offers an "Advanced Exchange" Program:

We know how important your BlackBerry smartphone is to your daily routine and offer Advanced Exchange and Same Unit Repair warranty options in the event you need to submit a warranty claim.

But I was told this is not an option. If I cannot get an advanced exchange, I would like to return the phone for a full refund, and will purchase another device.

I wish it didn't have to come to this, but it did. I've been a LOYAL BlackBerry user since the 7100t, then the 8320, 9000, 9700, 9900, PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Z30, PRIV, and now the DTEK60. I REALLLY hope we can get this resolved.
    12-01-16 09:20 PM
    12-01-16 09:23 PM
    I realize the OP has moved on from the original phone causing the issue ... but I think he will be back to this thread.

I've been through a half dozen phones since the Note 7 debacle and I'll shared what I learned on recent battery life issues.

WiFi seems to really kill a battery. Of course not when you are at home on your WiFi. So I use Smart WiFi Toggler. It only turns on the WiFi in locations I tell it too.

The FaceBook app does seem to be another issue. But I've found as long as I don't let it know my location, it doesn't seem to use nearly the same power.

I did find GasBuddy seemed to really suck on the battery. For that one I do a Force Stop after every use.

But even with all this, I still found after a few days, the battery was drained much faster. I simply started rebooting once a day and my battery use was much more consistent. Not nearly as good as the Moto G, Moto Z or Pixel, but good enough to have 30-40% left when I plugged it in at night.

Hope that helps when you get your new one.
    frank_newandroid likes this.
    12-01-16 11:07 PM
    I REALLY want to keep the DTEK60, but dealing with BlackBerry Customer Service is enough to push even the most loyal customer away.
    I've been bounced between shop BlackBerry and BlackBerry support at least 15 times. I finally starting making progress, I offered to buy a new phone, and send the current one back for the refund.

I'm 2 days over the 30 day refund period, and even though I'm trying to make this into a scenario where I'm still using a BlackBerry, they're not helping me.
    trader69 likes this.
    12-02-16 05:48 PM
    I had the dtek 60 for about a week and then went back to the passport. Mainly it was the battery life was just not as good as the passport. I know it's harder to compare the two given its two different OSs, but I recently bought and switched to the Priv because I need to run certain android apps for work now. I'm finding that the priv battery is far superior to the dtek60 for some reason. Almost as good as the Passport. Especially in the standby time category.

I know a lot of people are reporting the 60 is much better, but that's not so much my experience.
    12-03-16 05:36 PM
    I had the dtek 60 for about a week and then went back to the passport. Mainly it was the battery life was just not as good as the passport. I know it's harder to compare the two given its two different OSs, but I recently bought and switched to the Priv because I need to run certain android apps for work now. I'm finding that the priv battery is far superior to the dtek60 for some reason. Almost as good as the Passport. Especially in the standby time category.

I know a lot of people are reporting the 60 is much better, but that's not so much my experience.
    my DTEK left my priv in the dust at first, now it's junk.
    Darcy9463 likes this.
    12-03-16 09:11 PM
171 1234 ...