11-30-16 08:10 AM
166 123 ...
tools
    Hey guys..

I know it's early but does anyone who has a Dtek60 want to weigh in on what batter life is like?

I know this can be subjective and vary quite a bit based on usage but just your general observations is fine.

Also how does it compare to the Dtek50 and Priv in terms of stamina? What's standby/idle drain like?

Thanks

Posted via CB 10 on Passport SE
    Egod101 and rockivy like this.
    10-27-16 06:53 AM
    I just have had my first day of use. (I got the phone yesterday morning and was up and running by lunch.)

The battery life is average. What I didn't like though is leaving the phone on overnight. Somehow the doze optimization doesn't seem to be working. I had ~45% when I went to bed and woke up with 8%. Really disappointing.
    10-27-16 06:56 AM
    I just have had my first day of use. (I got the phone yesterday morning and was up and running by lunch.)

The battery life is average. What I didn't like though is leaving the phone on overnight. Somehow the doze optimization doesn't seem to be working. I had ~45% when I went to bed and woke up with 8%. Really disappointing.
    Give it a few days. Your DTEK60 needs to synchronize everything, so your battery life will be not good for the 1st few days. After the sync is over your battery life should good.

Posted via CB10
    Egod101 and hoangphuong00 like this.
    10-27-16 07:21 AM
    Thanks. So, when you look at your battery consumption overnight, does it essentially hold the charge (i.e., use the radio infrequently)? When I pull up the battery consumption chart, it's a straight line down.
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-27-16 07:33 AM
    Maybe try a restart? Sometimes there can be a rogue process when you first set up android phones.

Posted via CB 10 on Passport SE
    10-27-16 07:55 AM
    Battery life is excellent. I have no clue why it says that 😁
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life-1959.jpg  
    10-27-16 09:55 PM
    That's not good my experience was better, I lost 8% but then again I give apps only the permission it needs to function for my use
    10-27-16 10:01 PM
    Better than the Priv, by a material amount.
    Egod101 and World War Z30 like this.
    10-27-16 10:03 PM
    While I never comment on battery in the first week. I can say how I did start my device. Plug the charger out of the *box , load and update about 100 app plus the system. *Then unplug and transfer about 300 songs from my laptop while I talked to phone for an hour at the same time. *Then , test everything on the phone . I'll have 6 hours screen on time on the first charge. *To me , it's great . Thank's to snapdragon 820 and BlackBerry software .

Posted via CB10
    G-bone likes this.
    10-27-16 10:20 PM
    I got about 7 hours today , heavy use and full brightness on screen
    10-28-16 12:55 AM
    Excited to see how this stacks up against Pokémon Go!
    10-28-16 03:20 AM

Second night DTEK60 lost 2% battery, six hours, over night
    10-28-16 05:18 AM
    BTW the QC3.0 charge rate is astounding -- I have a QC3.0 charger in my car and in a ~20 minute drive last evening it managed to fill the phone from ~40% (where I was after initial setup and transfer from my Priv) to 85%. And no heat while doing it either.
    Dave Knight2 likes this.
    10-28-16 08:14 AM
    Excited to see how this stacks up against Pokémon Go!
    That's the true battery stress test right there.
    Egod101 and mkiiw like this.
    10-28-16 08:25 AM
    So far things sound promising.

I had the Priv, and I know when I got the MM update my battery life changed drastically for the better. The doze features build into the OS seemed to make a big difference. Although, I turn off about 90% of app permissions and notifications, turn off any location based service, NFC toggle, etc. I also use a smart watch to view notifications so my screen isn't turning on.
    10-28-16 09:00 AM
    I don't think I have the doze feature , or maybe I don't know how to use it.
    10-28-16 09:17 AM
    Second night DTEK60 lost 2% battery, six hours, over night
    Wow that's really good. What radios did you have on? In a case?
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-28-16 09:30 AM
    All were left on, left home at 7am this morning with a full charge got home at 6pm with 45% left, used the browser for an hour searching amazon for a good quick charge 3.0 and extra Type C cables, talon for two hours , streamed Tunein for an hour and Spotify for about 3 hours at work . My initial impression of the battery life is excellent, don't need a charge to get me through the day. The BlackBerry rapid charger works very good, topped up the battery after I did the content transfer yesterday and it added 50% in 35 minutes

Initial impression of the device is good, response time is quicker than the DTEK50 apps open quickly and perform without any lag looking forward to seeing other people's impression
    10-28-16 06:17 PM
    Battery life is more then adequate => than Priv.
    10-28-16 07:05 PM
    I can say that it's better than the priv.

Haven't changed since 7am and I'm at 70% at 6pm with light use.
    10-28-16 07:07 PM
    The battery life has been promising so far. I guess the SD820 is really efficient. This is good

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 09:49 PM
    I am on my second day with the phone and I must say I am quite impressed.. Really impressed. Specifically talking about the battery I've spent most of the day playing with it, and showing it off and I still have a lot of juice left. For sure the android / blackberry experience has been refined compare to the early days of the PRIV. I mean this thing flies.. And it looks so elegant, modern.. Loving everything about it.. But back to battery life I think it's on par with my passport se.. See pic below..
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life-6736.jpg  
    00stryder likes this.
    10-28-16 10:37 PM
    I am on my second day with the phone and I must say I am quite impressed.. Really impressed. Specifically talking about the battery I've spent most of the day playing with it, and showing it off and I still have a lot of juice left. For sure the android / blackberry experience has been refined compare to the early days of the PRIV. I mean this thing flies.. And it looks so elegant, modern.. Loving everything about it.. But back to battery life I think it's on par with my passport se.. See pic below..
    What is your SoT
    10-28-16 10:48 PM
    Dude! That's overkill. That's amazing! I'll get bored if my phone was on that long! Is this from moderate use?- The mistakes were torturing me. Stupid predictive text changes all the small words.
    Last edited by Egod101; 10-29-16 at 09:28 AM.
    10-28-16 11:14 PM
    What is your SoT
    Didn't check, I always charge it at night regardless of how much I have left. I will try to check again tonight.. In any case I'm more than happy with the battery performance, better than my PRIV for sure..
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-29-16 07:14 AM
166 123 ...