Dude! That's overkill. That's amazing! I'll got bored if my phone was in that long! Is this from moderate use?
    I would say more than moderate use.. This typically happens when I have a new phone, because I'm usually tweaking settings and using it more often than when the excitement wears off.. I stream Spotify to my car while commuting to / from office, plus a few hours while at office, constantly check on my instagram twitter CB, emails, WhatsApp BBM flipboard, YouTube.. Etc..

I was on the fence on getting this phone, mainly due to its design not being a 'true blackberry' and I was also concerned with the battery being smaller than the PRIV 's. But the technology (820) and the software tweaks are amazing. I mean this phone is even thinner than the iPhone 7 and yet the claims of its battery lasting 24 of mixed use are definitely true, at least for me...
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-29-16 07:26 AM
    I would say more than moderate use.. This typically happens when I have a new phone, because I'm usually tweaking settings and using it more often than when the excitement wears off.. I stream Spotify to my car while commuting to / from office, plus a few hours while at office, constantly check on my instagram twitter CB, emails, WhatsApp BBM flipboard, YouTube.. Etc..

I was on the fence on getting this phone, mainly due to its design not being a 'true blackberry' and I was also concerned with the battery being smaller than the PRIV 's. But the technology (820) and the software tweaks are amazing. I mean this phone is even thinner than the iPhone 7 and yet the claims of its battery lasting 24 of mixed use are definitely true, at least for me...
    That's awesome battery life. That's better battery life than my Z30. This will be my next phone. Can't wait to get it.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 07:45 AM
    Hopefully battery life is consistent through out all Dtek60 devices, and not dependable if the hardware is adequate like the PRIV. Hopefully we all get well-performing devices.
    10-29-16 09:22 AM
    Just a quick comparison between the PRIV and the Dtek60. I woke up at 8 with a fully charged battery. I took it off the charger, did some CB, and went back to sleep. Woke up again at 10:20. Did some messenger and CB and light browsing. Now the battery is at 96 percent. I have the PRIV, BTW for right now. I lost two percent over two hours while I was sleeping. The PRIV's battery is improving, but I don't think it's at Dtek60 level yet, and I don't think either phone beats the Passport's monster battery, hopefully with software updates they will get there, though.
    trader69 likes this.
    10-29-16 09:27 AM
    Battery life is excellent. I have no clue why it says that 😁
    I had to think for a second. I was like no way he/she is getting eight days with his / her phone. Then, I realized. These days didn't even happen yet! 😏😏
    10-29-16 09:31 AM
    Hopefully battery life is consistent through out all Dtek60 devices, and not dependable if the hardware is adequate like the PRIV. Hopefully we all get well-performing devices.
    The chinese are the best in the world at manufacturing and probably better than Blackberry's in house at this point. So I think the dtek60 will be quality
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-29-16 10:33 AM
    Better than the Priv is not enough. I need 12-15 hours with moderate to heavier use. I need more evidence.
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-29-16 06:48 PM
    PRIV battery life was miserable in first place . Could we just compare the battery life of DTEK60 with something we now good?.
    10-29-16 07:37 PM
    Yesterday I intentionally unplugged at ~6:00 AM and swore I would not connect to power all day, to see if I could get away with it.

I ran a race in the morning, which is always rough on power because I have a Garmin that is connected all the time for "live tracking" during that, plus I run a set of bluetooth headphones for music during same. And of course there are some pictures that I take before and after, etc. By 0930 I was drinking Irish Wakes at the afterparty and the phone was at 82%.

Then I ran a *second* "race" (actually a hash), did my usual weekend stuff and last night went out on a pub crawl which wound up including my usual fairly heavy use of my phone. So it was a heavy day, all-in.

Last night when I plugged in to charge at midnight I had just hit the 20% remaining mark power mark and clocked over 5 hours SOT.

That's pretty good -- better than my Priv could have accomplished and about what I would have expected out of my Passport for an equivalent day.

Power management and battery life are IMHO excellent.
    Egod101 and Bay 13 like this.
    10-30-16 09:12 AM
    Awesome. Those might be because of Doze for the time the phone is just sitting it your pocket
    10-30-16 09:53 AM
    I got my Dtek60 Friday. Fully charged it and took it off charger at 8pm. Have not had it back on charger since then and it's now Sunday night at 9pm and I still have 17% left ! I hope this continues because this is great! Better than my passport.

Love it so far !
    00stryder and JLOforshort like this.
    10-30-16 09:01 PM
    What kind of use yielded this performance?
    10-30-16 09:14 PM
    I'm getting about 24hrs and 3ish hr SoT. They really should of made the back flush with the camera hump and put some more battery in
    10-30-16 09:27 PM
    What kind of use yielded this performance?
    I spent quite a bit of time downloading and installing apps, BBM, texting, a few phone calls, Facebook, and reading crackberry :-) I don't play games or anything like that .
    10-30-16 09:53 PM
    I find the battery to be amazing compared to the Priv. The only thing that I really find to drain the battery fairly quickly is if I'm using the speakers at full volume. I leave my phone on the counter when I shower, using the YouTube app and can easily loose 10-15% of battery life in 15-20 minutes of use.
    10-31-16 10:54 AM
    Far better than PRIV... Complete other game.
    10-31-16 10:58 AM
    I find the battery to be amazing compared to the Priv. The only thing that I really find to drain the battery fairly quickly is if I'm using the speakers at full volume. I leave my phone on the counter when I shower, using the YouTube app and can easily loose 10-15% of battery life in 15-20 minutes of use.
    I suggest you wash yourself in 10 minutes or less
    Egod101 likes this.
    10-31-16 01:36 PM
    Today was my first full day at work with the Dtek60. Standby battery life has been great. My usage during work days is very little.

- I've made 2 calls, under 5 minutes in legnth
    - Been on WiFi all day
    - Had all push services on
    - Sent about 5 texts
    - Have the phone hooked up to my Gear fit 2 for notifications.

Pulled it off the charger at 8am, currently at 3pm have 92% battery. Really efficient. I did look at the battery app to see what was using the most power and found it was freaking Facebook. I haven't used the app in about 2 days and forced stopped it from running yesterday about 3 times.

I HATE that application. I have restrict backround on and all notifications turned off. Anything else I can do short of uninstalling this piece of crap?
    10-31-16 02:15 PM
    Today was my first full day at work with the Dtek60. Standby battery life has been great. My usage during work days is very little.

- Been on WiFi all day
    - Sent about 5 texts

Pulled it off the charger at 8am, currently at 3pm have 92% battery. Really efficient. I did look at the battery app to see what was using the most power and found it was freaking Facebook. I haven't used the app in about 2 days and forced stopped it from running yesterday about 3 times.

I HATE that application. I have restrict backround on and all notifications turned off. Anything else I can do short of uninstalling this piece of crap?
    Turn location off on Facebook.. And any app that you don't need it. DTEK app will give you all this information.
    10-31-16 02:42 PM
    Turn location off on Facebook.. And any app that you don't need it. DTEK app will give you all this information.
    Thanks. I have all location services turned off on the phone in general. Is it overriding that setting somehow?

I just checked and I have all permissions turned off for FB.
    10-31-16 02:51 PM
    Today was the first chance I had to use my phone for work; off the charger at 6:15 , I sent about 2 dozen emails, a dozen texts, a bunch of calls, Google maps, fb, internet and I used lte discovery to see what band I was using for Tmobile. I also set it up for the BlackBerry beta program. About a typical day. SOT is 3hrs 25 mins.
    I used a tad more power than I used with my s7edge, which usually made it to 9pm
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life-3064.jpg  
    10-31-16 02:59 PM
    I suggest you wash yourself in 10 minutes or less
    Oh it's no worries, I got the Rapid Travel Charger free with the phone. It charges that back in only a few minutes.
    10-31-16 03:05 PM
    Over the last 4 days since keeping track, I get an average of 14 hours with 6hrs SOT.

This is about 10-20% better than my Priv.
    10-31-16 03:29 PM

- Been on WiFi all day
    - Sent about 5 texts

Same problem I've tried everything to stop Facebook from eaing battery life, I've uninstalled it bye Facebook
    10-31-16 03:31 PM
    Over the last 4 days since keeping track, I get an average of 14 hours with 6hrs SOT.

This is about 10-20% better than my Priv.
    Dang! I don't think I've ever had that good of a battery on any of my phones.
    10-31-16 03:34 PM
166 1234 ...