Kinda the same problem here.

Battery draining faster for a couple of weeks.
    Got worst with the January (i think) update which only possible via otafix.

Installed unistalled greenify, accubattery.
    Unistaled facebook related apps (Plus Messenger)
    Nothing changed.

Yesterday let battery go to zero, rest overnight.
    Charged to 100% .
    Did Hard Hard reset (32 s) before starting to use it today.

Strangely before this, spent almost 2 hours with wifi and spotify playing on 2% to get it to zero!!!
    About 1,5 h on battery saving mode.
    Half hour on normal mode. Finally it "dies"

Didnt do factory reset. Dont see the point in my case.

Meanwhile had gsam battery app installed.
    So today after resting with zero % and recharging the problem continues.

On safe mode still battery drop but not so fast.

Gsam is telling me that hub services are the ones eating the most of battery (fast, 30% drop in about 30 minutes).

If on battery saving mode, battery still drops more then a few months ago but much solver than if not on saving mode.
    And gsam is telling me that services are now eating almost no battery (hub and keybord much more than services).

What the h... Is going on?
    You think is software, battery?
    Could be that contact sync problem o read?
    How to disabled contact sync (or better turn it to only once a day or something), is there a way?

We have another DTEK60, younger (6 months, mine is year and a half) at home , all day on stream. No problem.
    The other didnt do the update yet.

Insights please!

Thank you
    More likely a battery issue. Both DTEK showed earlier degradation for me. It seems to be a common report on threads. Should be able to deal as possible warranty. I've read mixed results. I didn't try since I cracked both phone screens also.

Some have recommended using local repair with different results.

Good luck....
    02-10-18 01:09 PM
    This battery issue isn't a software problem of any sort. This phone has a defective battery that degrades very rapidly. I sent my phone in to blackberry twice and still have the issue. I sent them another email saying how my battery still drains and they just keep sending me emails saying they know I still have an open case and to ease be patient or something like that. So frustrating.
    02-26-18 04:56 AM
    Just out of curiosity, is everyone using quick charge?
    I always thought quick charge puts too much stress on a battery (just look how hot the phone gets), so I've never used
    My DTEK60 is one year old already and never had battery issues (except for Google maps checking my location every 5 minutes or so when I bought the phone, disabling it corrected the issue)
    02-26-18 10:47 AM
    This battery issue isn't a software problem of any sort. This phone has a defective battery that degrades very rapidly. I sent my phone in to blackberry twice and still have the issue. I sent them another email saying how my battery still drains and they just keep sending me emails saying they know I still have an open case and to ease be patient or something like that. So frustrating.
    Mine is due to return from the second attempt to repair the phone based on battery issue. I purchased mine in 7/17 so only six months old and it has already has a Motherboard and Battery replaced the first time during the repair and not sure what was done on the second repair. Very frustrating getting any type of good customer service from the "new" Blackberry support. You never get an email on tracking from the service department just shows up one day. You have to call to get an update on what was done during the repair. I can go on and on just very bad support and I'm an BES Enterprise manger for our company and starting to reconsider what we issue as phones moving forward.
    02-28-18 12:13 PM
    my priv has lots of drain. can't fix it (even after factory reset)

starting to Q is android and BlackBerry work well, together 😯

anyway.. after LOADS of help, it's better but not really.

good luck, I hope you get it fixed and let me know what did it!! (so I can fix mine lol)
    02-28-18 12:40 PM
    Don't know what they did in the latest BlackBerry apps update, but I'm definitely noticing battery improvements.
    03-04-18 08:20 AM
    Don't know what they did in the latest BlackBerry apps update, but I'm definitely noticing battery improvements.
    I don't get updates anymore. Haven't had one since Oct-ish/17. I saw a date on the phone for last update and it was a long time ago. I keep checking but I never get them
    moonflyer likes this.
    03-04-18 08:51 AM
    They rolled out a bunch of updates late last month including the launcher and hub+ services. I'm currently at 5% with well over 24 hrs usage, can't remember the last time I've had this.

Where are you from?
    03-04-18 09:19 AM
    I didn't get updates for it, except on GP. If that is what you mean.

I meant, System updates.

Canada
    03-04-18 09:36 AM
    Yeah I meant the updates from GP.
    The last system update I got was also last month, which was the February security update.

Also in Canada
    towngirl likes this.
    03-04-18 11:58 AM
    Yeah I meant the updates from GP.
    The last system update I got was also last month, which was the February security update.

Also in Canada
    Why am I not getting updates?

Is this for priv?
    03-04-18 12:35 PM
    For DTEK60.

The Priv no longer gets updates as they dropped support for it.
    03-04-18 01:22 PM
    DTEK60 purchased 12/2016, massive battery drain accelerating since 11/2017, called Blackberry directly despite being told multiple times that the IMEI of my phone is invalid or not recognized (even after submitting evidence of direct purchase from Blackberry). They setup a case, provided FedEx label at their expense and agreed to repair the device. Sent it back in factory reset condition without SIM and additional memory card. Should have it back this week.
    03-05-18 07:41 PM
    I got my unit Nov 2016. Replacement to my Z10. Happy with the performance, battery life, camera, software updates compared to my Z10. However, battery life is the first to pump in my 1st disappointment after using the d60 for almost 11 months. Didn't realise that is the battery hardware fault am still thinking due to the security updates. Ended research with research, sent my unit the the service centre Brightstar in my country in Feb 2018. After a short diagnosis (less than 2days), Brightstar told me is the motherboard fault not battery. I was so surprised because my unit do not restart automatically, no lag no other symptom of screen failure. Only battery drain. and sometime a little hot after long surf. Took a bet. asked Brightstar not to replace the motherboard and only put me a new battery instead. Brightstar gave all sort of non responsible statement due to the treatment isn't as proposed.
    03-11-18 03:22 AM
    Wakelock detector is showing me 99% awake because of BlackBerry Hub Services. how do I fix it ?
    03-11-18 11:23 PM
    my Dtek60 has terrible battery life, and getting worse. I have been in contact with BBmobile. they claim it is caused by WIFI. There was also a problem with the proximity sensor (screen going black during calls without being near my face).
    They suggested doing a factory reset (ugh), which I finally got talked into doing. What a HUGE job that was.
    Long story short, Proximity sensor fixed, battery still crummy!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    03-13-18 09:11 PM
    Update. Proximity sensor went bad again. Battery so bad I had to switch back to my Dtek50!!
    when I told them I couldn't use the phone anymore, they offered either to repair it or trade it for a refurbished one. I opted for the trade. we'll see how it goes.
    03-16-18 11:09 AM
    Am looking to get a replacement battery for my Blackberry DTEK60, please guide me with the place to buy. Am based out of India, am ready to bear the shipping charges too.
    03-17-18 02:45 AM
    Update. Proximity sensor went bad again. Battery so bad I had to switch back to my Dtek50!!
    when I told them I couldn't use the phone anymore, they offered either to repair it or trade it for a refurbished one. I opted for the trade. we'll see how it goes.
    Update #2
    So, after using my Dtek50 for a week, and finding that it had a better battery than my 60, I was happy to receive my refurbished Dtek60 this week.
    So far it seems fine. Thank you BlackBerry Mobile. It took time and patience, but I'm happy with the service I got from BB Mobile.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    03-24-18 03:39 PM
    Am looking to get a replacement battery for my Blackberry DTEK60, please guide me with the place to buy. Am based out of India, am ready to bear the shipping charges too.
    Do a google search for dtek60 battery and you will find one. Watched one get replaced at my local Tech shop today
    03-24-18 07:47 PM
    Does anyone in this forum know how much Blackberry Mobile charges for an out of warranty battery replacement repair?
    05-02-18 09:58 AM
    it costs around ₹1300 ($20) in India
    05-02-18 12:58 PM
    If I replace the battery myself, does the phone lose any memory during the process or does it get factory reset? Or is it just like removing a phone battery in the old days, and just restarts the phone?
    05-03-18 06:45 AM
    If I replace the battery myself, does the phone lose any memory during the process or does it get factory reset? Or is it just like removing a phone battery in the old days, and just restarts the phone?
    I believe it's just like replacing the old removable ones (minus all the extra work).
    05-09-18 01:51 PM
    I replaced the battery myself using a heat gun, a small flathead screwdriver, and an old credit card. Battery health on accubatt went from 69% to 98%. No memory was lost. It worked well.
    05-09-18 10:21 PM
178 ... 5678