OK I did cancel the order thanks
    Doing my homework for the one plus but still looking and open for the blackberry motion

Posted via CB10
    OK, but for the price of the new BlackBerry "Motion" you can get a better Android phone with better specs. The "Oneplus 5" is an excellent example.

The fact that the "Motion" has a big 4000 mAh battery may be meaningless if it is defective like the one in the DTEK60.
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-10-17 04:29 PM
    OK, but for the price of the new BlackBerry "Motion" you can get a better Android phone with better specs. The "Oneplus 5" is an excellent example.

The fact that the "Motion" has a big 4000 mAh battery may be meaningless if it is defective like the one in the DTEK60.
    True matter of fact very true

how can I run BB keyboard and hub on the OP5...?

Writing you on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 05:12 PM
    Meh on the OnePlus.

You're buying a chineesium phone with no US support. BlackBerry has US support. IF you have a problem with the OnePlus you just threw your entire investment away.

Yes, I had a battery problem. Yes, BlackBerry fixed it, under warranty, in 2 days and paid shipping both directions.

Will OnePlus if the same thing happens? Nope. You now own a brick.

Choose.
    10-10-17 08:23 PM
    True matter of fact very true

how can I run BB keyboard and hub on the OP5...?

Writing you on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    You can buy the BlackBerry suite of apps (like the HUB) separately.
    10-10-17 09:38 PM
    Meh on the OnePlus.

You're buying a chineesium phone with no US support. BlackBerry has US support. IF you have a problem with the OnePlus you just threw your entire investment away.

Yes, I had a battery problem. Yes, BlackBerry fixed it, under warranty, in 2 days and paid shipping both directions.

Will OnePlus if the same thing happens? Nope. You now own a brick.

Choose.
    Here in Canada, we do not have "US support." The battery in my DTEK60 drained in two hours after ten months of use.

I had to call a variety of phone numbers and send numerous emails before I finally obtained "BlackBerry support." I then had to perform tests to prove my DTEK60 battery was defective.

I was then abandoned, and had to call back and harass BlackBerry support to get them to send me Fedex label so I could send the device to the BlackBerry Repair Centre.

I am still waiting to see what comes back.

So right now my DTEK60 is a "brick."

There are better options available now than the Dtek60 or the Motion.
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-10-17 09:42 PM
    Here in Canada, we do not have "US support." The battery in my DTEK60 drained in two hours after ten months of use.

I had to call a variety of phone numbers and send numerous emails before I finally obtained "BlackBerry support." I then had to perform tests to prove my DTEK60 battery was defective.

I was then abandoned, and had to call back and harass BlackBerry support to get them to send me Fedex label so I could send the device to the BlackBerry Repair Centre.

So basically blackberry hardwaregate any phone That can run the BB app suite except a real Blac
    kberry

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 10:15 PM

You had a bad experience (although you DID get the RMA number, you DID get a prepaid label, you WILL get your phone back and it will probably be 100% "as new" when you do.)

It sounds like you ran into someone's either incompetence or internal routing accident (e.g. the RMA wasn't issued when it was supposed to be, and wasn't properly followed up either) which is not an excuse, and you have every reason to be pissed.

But there is a process for it that's supposed to work, while for these other Chineesium phones there isn't.

There are non-Chineesium phones with NA distribution and warranty systems. Motorola, for example. Yes, built in China at least in part (they all are, including Apple) but with a North American distribution and warranty infrastructure.

But you give up quite a bit going that way. You also pay less but the old adage applies: Nothing is actually free. The Moto G5s series looks, at first blush, to be comparable in terms of SOC and OS support -- except it really isn't. Reviews say the camera bites, it has a 3,000mah battery (instead of 4,000) and no NFC. The lower-spec version has 3Gb instead of 4Gb of RAM. It also has no formal water-resistance rating -- at all. Yes, it's cheaper than the Motion, but it ought to be cheaper as it's a lesser device.

Samsung has some offerings in that same area of price as well but they too have the same basic issues. Go back a couple of generations and you can find their older 8xx series handsets at a comparable price, but now we're REALLY stretching, as those older series handsets are going to come with older-series power consumption budgets, and will not be all-day duration units, say much less 2-day. If you're willing to do that why not buy a Priv, which you can still get by the way, and at a pretty nice price too for an 8xx series CPU unit.

My DTEK-60 had a battery issue; BlackBerry RMA'd it, had it for 2 days, paid shipping both directions (2 day shipping) and I got it back as expected. They replaced the battery in it, and post-swap it's been back to 100%. I get the same battery life out of it now that I did when it was new and the IMEI and MAC addresses didn't change, so their claim that they fixed it (rather than sending me a refurb) appears to be correct. The job was done competently, correctly and as it was in-warranty it was zero-cost. In the meantime I was using my (old, and cracked-screen but still working) Priv, which made me miss my DTEK quite badly.....

So why would I be interested in a Motion? Better camera and much greater battery life without much if any compromise in other areas. The water resistance is also a relatively large bonus for me -- I like to spend days at a time in the backcountry, and not having to keep my phone in a plastic bag to avoid a potential $500 loss should I get nailed by a downpour or slip while fording a stream is a nice bonus.

I don't throw money around like water and I've looked at the other competitive offerings in the market. All the devices being touted as "better" on a price/performance basis are chineesium with all the risks that are attendant in those -- no real warranty support at all, some are missing RF bands that matter in North America making them worthless outright, some have a history of compromised OSs from the factory and more. Among other issues, for example, are that since I'm on T-Mobile both Band 12 and WiFi calling are important to me; the latter means I get crystal-clear and reliable cell service anywhere I have WiFi, even deep in a building or where there is zero actual cell service. Without Band 12 the device is useless over a huge part of the US and without WiFi calling I give up my nice, crystal-clear phone service in my house.

I'm buying a package, not a brand, and both the Priv before it and the DTEK60 now have been great devices -- and I've tested the warranty service with satisfactory results as well.

So yeah, I'm a Motion customer and will be recommending it to others who don't want a PKB. For those who do the KeyONE is the obvious choice.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 10-11-17 at 08:12 AM.
    10-11-17 07:59 AM

I'm buying a package, not a brand, and both the Priv before it and the DTEK60 now have been great devices -- and I've tested the warranty service with satisfactory results as well.

So yeah, I'm a Motion customer and will be recommending it to others who don't want a PKB. For those who do the KeyONE is the obvious choice.
    Ok a good read....

Regardless of the blackberry handset where and how can one get a warranty coverage for 1 or 2 years

Amazon ?
    Ebay?
    Blackberry.com?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 09:48 AM
    One year comes with the BlackBerry device (and any other NA-centered device, for the most part.) You can typically buy a 2nd year, but it's a poor investment as the cost will exceed that of an out-of-warranty battery exchange, which is (by far) the most-likely covered repair for a warranty.
    10-11-17 09:59 AM
    Hey guys between Nokia 6 and Huawei honor 6x both 200$us with 3gb that can run both stock Android and blackberry suites which one should I choose?

Huawei has it own tweaked os emui

Posted via CB10
    10-14-17 04:13 PM
    I still really like my 60.... they replaced the battery and it's back to normal.... it's not a power sipper like the Motion will be so that's the trade - off somewhat slower processor but a monster battery.
    Why will motion be a power sipper?
    10-15-17 10:47 AM
    It has a much-lower power consumption CPU. Look at the KeyOne .vs. the DTEK60; the KeyOne has a somewhat bigger battery but it is VASTLY superior in power use. I can get 2 days out of it, where that's impossible on the DTEK.
    10-15-17 02:01 PM
    Hi All, my DTEK60 has started experiencing battery drain. I am trying to avoid a factory reset so is there anyway to identify apps that i have installed which are NOT from the play store, so i can start by removing them only ? Or any other thoughts to perhaps stop apps running in the back ground ?
    I also have battery drain issue on my DTEK60. I am looking at USB OTG as the possible cause of the issue. If you still have the issue and by chance use USB-C Flash Drive or USB Hub, can you please confirm if they work as you expect them to? On my device OTG do not work at all.
    10-15-17 03:35 PM
    Mine work as expected and do not drain the battery (well, not any more than expected when blasting a big file somewhere.)
    10-15-17 07:28 PM
    My DTEK60 had been getting horrible battery life..4 hours tops.
    A few days ago, I went through the apps in dtek app and removed permission for location on several apps that were showing accessing the location more than 10K times in a week. I also noticed Facebook was sluggish which I uninstalled, rebooted phone and reinstalled. My phone now feels brand new with much improved battery life. Today it's been off charger for 3 hours and I'm at 83% after streaming music and typical browsing. The battery is now estimated to go another 11 hours. Hope this helps someone.
    10-24-17 09:19 AM
    Hi All, my DTEK60 has started experiencing battery drain. I am trying to avoid a factory reset so is there anyway to identify apps that i have installed which are NOT from the play store, so i can start by removing them only ? Or any other thoughts to perhaps stop apps running in the back ground ?
    No solution; If under warranty, you must contact BlackBerry Mobile (Alcatel) in your country and obtain a mailing label to send the device to your country's authorized Alcatel Repair Centre.
    11-16-17 08:33 PM
    Just wanted to share with this group that today after 7 weeks of waiting I received what it seems like a brand new DTEK60. PRD-63040-039 with a September date on a sticker. I doubt it is when it was manufactured. But maybe I'm wrong. My previous one was -038 version. I am yet to test it out.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-17 04:15 PM
    Just wanted to share with this group that today after 7 weeks of waiting I received what it seems like a brand new DTEK60. PRD-63040-039 with a September date on a sticker. I doubt it is when it was manufactured. But maybe I'm wrong. My previous one was -038 version. I am yet to test it out.

Posted via CB10
    Interested in hearing how this "new" DTEK60 performs. I have sent mine in TWICE to the Alcatel Repair Centre (SBE Canada), and they do nothing to honour the warranty.

I sent my Dtek60 in to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre the first time in October. The held it for 3 weeks, and they claimed they did a "Software upgrade", which was a LIE since the Android version remained 6.0.1. They didn't even bother to load the latest monthly patch.

I sent it in again in November, they kept it for 4 weeks, and again did nothing.

The Better Business Bureau has given them an "F" for Fail since they do nothing to honour warranties.
    12-20-17 06:44 PM
    I have had the same problem with my Dtek60 with I purchased 15th November 2016, it started shutting down at 15% in around start of October 17 after a slow degradation of the battery life.
    I called BlackBerry Mobile (who have taken over the support on a somewhat limited scale) here in the UK and they opened an RMA case for me.

The phone was sent off to SBE UK in Ashford and 5 days later it was returned with a new back on it along with the dust / dirt cleaned out of the bottom speaker grill but no new battery, there was no mention of the battery on the repair report sheet.

So I called BlackBerry Mobile again who were very apologetic and reopened the RMA, I sent it of again and about 4 days later got it back with a new battery.
    I've read the SBE Google reviews and it's not a positive picture...
    However BlackBerry Mobile did get the battery replaced and followed all emails up.

I had though after reading on here I may have some trouble getting the Dtek60 repaired so I brought a Motion before I sent the Dtek60 off...
    To be honest, I've not been bothered to go back to the Dtek60 and all its specs above the Motion because the Motions battery life along with everything else about it just works and works very well!

I did enjoy having the Dtek60 at my daily driver and the main thing I miss is the speakers, but going from a phone that in the end would only last 2-5 hrs to one that I don't worry about charging for 2 days is a game changer.

Now that the battery has been replaced I know it will be better but my wife can have the Dtek60 (upgrade her from the Dtek50) and hopefully we are both happy.
    Last edited by acecard; 12-24-17 at 01:22 AM.
    12-24-17 01:11 AM
    I have the same problem... The dtek60 is one year old. No way to contact tech support. Probably is a factory problem and bb is doing nothing. It is my last bb device because they dont have any support. Very bad, but they dont care.
    moonflyer likes this.
    12-31-17 05:48 AM
    Interested in hearing how this "new" DTEK60 performs. I have sent mine in TWICE to the Alcatel Repair Centre (SBE Canada), and they do nothing to honour the warranty.

I sent my Dtek60 in to the Canadian Alcatel Repair Centre the first time in October. The held it for 3 weeks, and they claimed they did a "Software upgrade", which was a LIE since the Android version remained 6.0.1. They didn't even bother to load the latest monthly patch.

I sent it in again in November, they kept it for 4 weeks, and again did nothing.

The Better Business Bureau has given them an "F" for Fail since they do nothing to honour warranties.

Been playing with the device since I got it. It's back to normal battery-wise. Though they solved it this was my last BlackBerry.
    Hopefully all of those remaining defective batteries out there will be replaced!
    12-31-17 07:16 AM
    I have the same problem... The dtek60 is one year old. No way to contact tech support. Probably is a factory problem and bb is doing nothing. It is my last bb device because they dont have any support. Very bad, but they dont care.
    I agree. I am in Canada, Alcatel refuses to repair DTEK60's, even if under warranty.
    12-31-17 08:30 AM
    Well, I no longer have my Dtek. I purchased it through BestBuy with a GeekSquad replacement warranty and back in October I took it in to see about replacing the battery. Their option was to replace the phone (which they couldn't since they don't have any) or return it and get a full refund. Optionally I could have contacted BB to see if they would replace the battery.

I really thought about what I wanted to do because I didn't want just another Android phone, I really like Blackberry's flavor of Android and the security is a big thing, and I don't trust some of the phones out there. So..... my husband made a deal with me...... switch back to the iPhone, he had a 7 plus he wasn't using - (he uses a few phones for work) That I could have, and he would give me his Apple watch series 2 and then use the refund so that he could get the series 3 watch (with 4G)..........so I'm back to Apple. Honestly the only things I miss from Android are the Blackberry apps. Now I actually have to try to drain the battery - I don't even keep a charger with me at work! And the watch is awesome. I had a Samsung Gear S3 when I was using my S7 Edge (until it frustrated me to the point where I got the BB Dtek60) and the battery life sucked on it, the Apple watch battery can go about a day and a half easily where the Gear would be dead by evening.

I never used an original BB, but I can understand why so many people are reluctant to leave it. I really did like the Dtek, and I really liked the BB apps but their half in/half out approach to support of their newer devices is really sad. I did see the article where the KeyOne exceeded their expectations, that's great news as I think there should be an alternative style device but if they want to keep that momentum they better step up the support.

Not going to lie, when we go to Best Buy I give the KeyOne on display a little pat! I'm not a PKB person but I think its a really cool phone!
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-10-18 12:38 PM
    Just had to follow up my last post...... I had an opportunity to get a KeyOne thru AT&T (the all black one) and I really really like it. I decided to use it as my work phone and it's perfect! the sound quality is awesome and I actually am getting used to the PKB. I keep my personal stuff on the iPhone (health stuff that syncs with the watch etc) and keep the KeyOne with me when I go to meetings etc......The battery on it is amazing. The longest I have gone between charges is 6 days!
    02-05-18 08:04 AM
    Kinda the same problem here.

Battery draining faster for a couple of weeks.
    Got worst with the January (i think) update which only possible via otafix.

Installed unistalled greenify, accubattery.
    Unistaled facebook related apps (Plus Messenger)
    Nothing changed.

Yesterday let battery go to zero, rest overnight.
    Charged to 100% .
    Did Hard Hard reset (32 s) before starting to use it today.

Strangely before this, spent almost 2 hours with wifi and spotify playing on 2% to get it to zero!!!
    About 1,5 h on battery saving mode.
    Half hour on normal mode. Finally it "dies"

Didnt do factory reset. Dont see the point in my case.

Meanwhile had gsam battery app installed.
    So today after resting with zero % and recharging the problem continues.

On safe mode still battery drop but not so fast.

Gsam is telling me that hub services are the ones eating the most of battery (fast, 30% drop in about 30 minutes).

If on battery saving mode, battery still drops more then a few months ago but much solver than if not on saving mode.
    And gsam is telling me that services are now eating almost no battery (hub and keybord much more than services).

What the h... Is going on?
    You think is software, battery?
    Could be that contact sync problem o read?
    How to disabled contact sync (or better turn it to only once a day or something), is there a way?

We have another DTEK60, younger (6 months, mine is year and a half) at home , all day on stream. No problem.
    The other didnt do the update yet.

Insights please!

Thank you
    02-10-18 10:24 AM
178 ... 45678