I'll just just shut up and sit in the corner before I get kicked...
    10-05-17 05:51 PM
    Again, Chuck trying to start some sh**!
    Really? Now you want to chime in? Please....
    Relax, I'm a volunteer and I wasn't logged on. Is there something I can do?
    10-05-17 05:58 PM
    All chalaxed here, thank you sir for service.
    10-05-17 05:59 PM
    All chalaxed here, thank you sir for service.
    10-05-17 06:10 PM
    I'm a TM. What exactly would you like me or someone else that volunteers here to do regarding a matter like this? Let me know how I can be of help. Seriously.
    As a volunteer you are doing enough. It would be nice to have someone from BBry/TCL commenting on the issue or better suggesting working ways to solve it.
    10-05-17 06:35 PM
    After multiple phone calls and emails to Crackberry and BlackBerry support, I have sent my DTEK60 to BlackBerry's repair centre here in Canada to either replace the battery, or to replace the device entirely. Fortunately it's stillness under warranty.
    10-05-17 09:23 PM
    Wow, that's a point to consider indeed. As my device came to me used, it might well be the case that a bad quick-charger might have been used with it. Z-z-z-z...

But overheating should not be an issue as there is a temperature monitoring in place.
    About overheating, I meant it in a broader meaning, not only the battery itself overheating. Although batteries do have a temperature monitoring, external factors can cause the phone to heat, increasing the temperature of the battery as well, since phones don't have coolers.

Usually, GPS apps like waze drastically increases processor usage and causes the phone to overheat, as other apps also. The problem with GPS apps is that we usually put the phone somewhere in the dashboard of the car, exposed directly to sunlight, increasing even more the temperature

My DTEK60 always had problems with overheating, especially around the camera lens area in the back, and I already tried factory reseting it, with no noticeable change

I read somewhere in the forum about some people having problems with SD cards dying on DTEK60's, I wonder if it's not because of the temperature, since the slot sits directly where the phone shows most heating.. But that's just speculation on my part
    Hphv likes this.
    10-06-17 11:45 AM
    Battery life quality on my DTEk was fading too but not draining. With just a few photos or videos and maybe 10 emails and some Google I was getting around 10 hours before it shut down. I took someone's advice here and stopped most of my notifications, just kept the ones I really wanted and I rebooted and now today I have had so far I have had 9 hours of use with around 70 percent battery life remaining. I switched off WiFi while I am out and about. I do find commuting on a train drains the battery as it constantly looks for a signal.
    10-06-17 11:56 AM
    Watching the tread for info.

I was avoiding factory resetting my priv. So much battery drain it's not work having it anymore. Not sure it would really help to factory reset.

As far as I am concerned, it was a June-ish update that messed it up. Two priv and one dtek50, have gone crap. Battery drains, sticking ect.. Two new battery's for me and it has don't nothing. All I know is we all got the same problems after updating and that was just before the Long Weekend in Canada July 1-3.
    10-06-17 12:09 PM
    Also I took the case off the phone to stop it getting hot - it's slippy though without it. Been in the train an hour and lost 12 percent so I am thinking this is the major problem
    10-06-17 12:31 PM
    Watching the tread for info.

I was avoiding factory resetting my priv. So much battery drain it's not work having it anymore. Not sure it would really help to factory reset.

As far as I am concerned, it was a June-ish update that messed it up. Two priv and one dtek50, have gone crap. Battery drains, sticking ect.. Two new battery's for me and it has don't nothing. All I know is we all got the same problems after updating and that was just before the Long Weekend in Canada July 1-3.
    Lately people are jumping to the conclusion that a factory reset solves all battery problems..

Personally, I think that any given Android based phone can show signs of excessive battery drain and most of the time a factory reset does solve the problem, but it's often overkill

Have you checked if apps running in the background aren't the cause? Which ones are consuming too much juice? Tried disabling unnecessary permissions to apps, especially for accessing your location? Adjusted the screen brightness?
    10-07-17 08:39 AM
    Lately people are jumping to the conclusion that a factory reset solves all battery problems..

Personally, I think that any given Android based phone can show signs of excessive battery drain and most of the time a factory reset does solve the problem, but it's often overkill

Have you checked if apps running in the background aren't the cause? Which ones are consuming too much juice? Tried disabling unnecessary permissions to apps, especially for accessing your location? Adjusted the screen brightness?
    I have checked and there is not much runinng. Screen I have tuned up and down. I have done anything to make it behave the way it is behaving
    10-07-17 09:21 AM
    I have checked and there is not much runinng. Screen I have tuned up and down. I have done anything to make it behave the way it is behaving
    Factory reset did not solve my battery problems. Battery still drained within two hours. Phone shut down at 15% charge. Battery saver did not help. Waiting for phone to come back from Alcatel-BlackBerry Repair Centre.
    Last edited by tonythecanuck; 10-22-17 at 10:06 AM.
    towngirl likes this.
    10-07-17 08:23 PM
    Well, I guess I won't try that lol
    10-07-17 08:24 PM
    Has anyone been given a reason to why this is happening now, and so wide spread? Seems a little strange, after the September patch, and close to the announcement of their new slab? Just sayin..
    10-07-17 10:10 PM
    I don't know about "wide spread"..

Mine doesn't have any problems battery wise so far, and I'm on the September patch. I did have problems with an app accessing my location every 5 minutes or so, draining my battery, but the DTEK app caught it and I solved by canceling it's locations permissions (but that has nothing to do with the phone)
    10-08-17 08:23 PM
    I tried the reset and it didn't help..... I purchased mine through Best Buy back in April of this year so I have only had it just under 6 months. I purchased a Geek Squad warranty with it, and called them today. My option is I can turn the phone in and get a full credit (purchase price plus tax) and use that towards another phone. I'm debating using it to get the Pixel 2 XL but they only sell the Verizon version (I'm on AT&T) They say it is not "locked" to Verizon and I can use it with AT&T. I'm conflicted because I actually really love the Dtek60, and had planned on using it for as long as it works. I know I can use most of the BB apps on the Pixel, except for the actual detek security app and the keyboard (love the BB VKB). Of course the Pixel 2 XL black & white phone probably won't be available until Dec due to demand....... so I guess I have time to think about what I want to do..... while I charge my phone a couple times a day..... The Pixel has my attention since it is stock android AND will get timely updates AND upgrades.
    10-08-17 09:02 PM
    Basically I should kill my dtek60 order? Seems like it is not worth it

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 10:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    That will depend on what you expect/need from a phone.. The monthly updates for DTEK60 have been delayed lately and it probably won't get Nougat.

Aside from that, it's a BlackBerry (with it's qualities and limitations), and a pretty good one in my opinion.

The only reason I wouldn't buy it again it's because, coming from a Passport and other pkb phones before, I still miss my buttons when typing and didn't quite adapted to an all touch phone
    10-08-17 10:17 PM
    That will depend on what you expect/need from a phone.. The monthly updates for DTEK60 have been delayed lately and it probably won't get Nougat.

Aside from that, it's a BlackBerry (with it's qualities and limitations), and a pretty good one in my opinion.

The only reason I wouldn't buy it again it's because, coming from a Passport and other pkb phones before, I still miss my buttons when typing and didn't quite adapted to an all touch phone
    Too many complaints about the battery failure I was hoping from switching from z10 to the dtek60 maybe I will wait for the krypton....
    And why the heck they are not updating the OS like all other android phones?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 10:22 PM
    @Sebyoo Honestly, by now, it makes sense to wait a little longer for the Motion (aka Krypton), since it has overall better specs and already run Nougat

Regarding the delay on the monthly security patches for the DTEK60, I don't think any official note has been issued, but a lot has been said here on the forums
    10-08-17 10:29 PM
    I still really like my 60.... they replaced the battery and it's back to normal.... it's not a power sipper like the Motion will be so that's the trade - off somewhat slower processor but a monster battery.
    10-09-17 07:01 PM
    I tried the reset and it didn't help..... I purchased mine through Best Buy back in April of this year so I have only had it just under 6 months. I purchased a Geek Squad warranty with it, and called them today. My option is I can turn the phone in and get a full credit (purchase price plus tax) and use that towards another phone. I'm debating using it to get the Pixel 2 XL but they only sell the Verizon version (I'm on AT&T) They say it is not "locked" to Verizon and I can use it with AT&T. I'm conflicted because I actually really love the Dtek60, and had planned on using it for as long as it works. I know I can use most of the BB apps on the Pixel, except for the actual detek security app and the keyboard (love the BB VKB). Of course the Pixel 2 XL black & white phone probably won't be available until Dec due to demand....... so I guess I have time to think about what I want to do..... while I charge my phone a couple times a day..... The Pixel has my attention since it is stock android AND will get timely updates AND upgrades.
    I had battery problems after 10 months. Sent mine back to BlackBerry Repair Centre. Still waiting for device.

Suggestion : Get the new "OnePlus 5." Best Android device on the market for the money.
    10-10-17 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Kill the order. Many consumers have experienced battery problems with the DTEK60.

I had battery problems after 10 months. Sent mine back to BlackBerry Repair Centre. Still waiting for device.

Suggestion : Get the new "OnePlus 5." Best Android device on the market for the money.
    10-10-17 01:59 PM
    Kill the order. Many consumers have experienced battery problems with the DTEK60.

OK I did cancel the order thanks
    Doing my homework for the one plus but still looking and open for the blackberry motion

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 02:35 PM
178 ... 34567 ...