What I meant is maybe DTEK 60 batteries all seem have problems after 6 to 10 months because so many are now having problems. So if they just replace same type of battery could we have the same problem again.
    10-02-17 12:26 PM
    "All"?

You only hear about the ones that people have fail yanno....
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-02-17 01:13 PM
    I'm waiting for my 3rd keyone replacement so i can send my DTEK60 for battery problem and digitizer! wrote them a big letter on friday about there product and never got a reply from TCL... great customer care 👿
    10-02-17 02:45 PM
    What I meant is maybe DTEK 60 batteries all seem have problems after 6 to 10 months because so many are now having problems. So if they just replace same type of battery could we have the same problem again.
    Yup. I am one of those people with battery problems. The BlackBerry phone lines are so busy consumers can't get through. The DTEK60 is approaching one year since its launch (November 2016), and everyone is panicking and calling BlackBerry trying to return their phones before the warranty expires.

BlackBerry DTEK60 = timed built-in obsolescence.
    10-02-17 05:14 PM
    They replaced my battery and returned the same device to me -- turn around 2 days.

Same IMEI.
    10-02-17 05:39 PM
    They replaced my battery and returned the same device to me -- turn around 2 days.

Same IMEI.
    After numerous phone calls and emails, all I get is an email asking to send screenshots of my battery performance.

When I sent the screen shots, which confirm a fast battery drain, they ask me to do a factory reset.

I told them I have already done a complete factory reset three times recently with no improvement.

No response; now just silence.

They clearly do no wish to honour their warranty

Time to take legal action against BlackBerry.

Glad I'm a lawyer.

What a useless company
    10-03-17 06:46 AM

Same IMEI.
    How's the battery today? Thanks
    10-03-17 10:27 AM
    Back to normal; they clearly did in fact change it.
    10-03-17 12:15 PM
    I had to do the screen shots and restore and do more screen shots. Now waiting on email with RMA label
    10-03-17 02:33 PM
    After numerous phone calls and emails, all I get is an email asking to send screenshots of my battery performance.

When I sent the screen shots, which confirm a fast battery drain, they ask me to do a factory reset.

I told them I have already done a complete factory reset three times recently with no improvement.

No response; now just silence.

They clearly do no wish to honour their warranty

Time to take legal action against BlackBerry.

Glad I'm a lawyer.

What a useless company
    Funny...everyone is having battery drain problems right before BlackBerry Mobile release the new slab with a 625 or 626 chip with a 4000 mAh battery. Anyone in the market for 2 days of battery life?? Almost as if the Dtek 60 and Priv has been sabotage on purpose to get you to upgrade. Nah...they would never do that...would they???
    10-03-17 09:40 PM
    Funny...everyone is having battery drain problems right before BlackBerry Mobile release the new slab with a 625 or 626 chip with a 4000 mAh battery. Anyone in the market for 2 days of battery life?? Almost as if the Dtek 60 and Priv has been sabotage on purpose to get you to upgrade. Nah...they would never do that...would they???
    Funny, there's articles about apple doing this :http://m.economictimes.com/tech/soft...w/60891954.cms
    10-04-17 06:03 AM
    Nonsense in this case.

Look, I have my fixed DTEK60 back. It came back with the same IMEI and the same firmware that was in it before (September patch level.) However, not only is my experience dramatically different (my QC3.0 charger now can stuff power into it during the "bulk" phase at a 3,000mah rate, which is well beyond what it could with the bad pack) it also no longer has crap battery life and Advanced Battery shows a reasonable correlation between the "installed capacity" and actual capacity based on integrated charge rate over time.

In other words they actually changed the battery in the phone; it's obvious, since it's the same phone (same IMEI going and coming, plus same MAC for both WiFi and Bluetooth -- I looked) and the same firmware I sent it in with, but the battery capacity problem is gone. Ergo, they replaced the battery and returned my handset to me.

Please cut the conspiracy theory nonsense. I had a bad battery in my device, I RMA'd it and they replaced it (in 2 days in their building; the rest was transit both directions.) That's the facts.
    10-04-17 07:25 AM
    Funny, there's articles about apple doing this :http://m.economictimes.com/tech/soft...w/60891954.cms
    Wow...thanks for sharing.
    10-04-17 07:26 AM
    Nonsense in this case.

Look, I have my fixed DTEK60 back. It came back with the same IMEI and the same firmware that was in it before (September patch level.) However, not only is my experience dramatically different (my QC3.0 charger now can stuff power into it during the "bulk" phase at a 3,000mah rate, which is well beyond what it could with the bad pack) it also no longer has crap battery life and Advanced Battery shows a reasonable correlation between the "installed capacity" and actual capacity based on integrated charge rate over time.

In other words they actually changed the battery in the phone; it's obvious, since it's the same phone (same IMEI going and coming, plus same MAC for both WiFi and Bluetooth -- I looked) and the same firmware I sent it in with, but the battery capacity problem is gone. Ergo, they replaced the battery and returned my handset to me.

Please cut the conspiracy theory nonsense. I had a bad battery in my device, I RMA'd it and they replaced it (in 2 days in their building; the rest was transit both directions.) That's the facts.
    Great..they replaced the battery. It is a fair question to ask. I am sure if Priv or Dteks phones had Android N...some folks would hold onto them longer and not buy Keyone or the upcoming slab phone from BlackBerry Mobile
    10-04-17 07:32 AM
    Great..they replaced the battery. It is a fair question to ask. I am sure if Priv or Dteks phones had Android N...some folks would hold onto them longer and not buy Keyone or the upcoming slab phone from BlackBerry Mobile
    So you're saying, they're forcing you to buy the KEYone if you want Nougat???

That's just shocking!!!!

Or.........

That's just business......
    moonflyer likes this.
    10-04-17 07:35 AM
    So you're saying, they're forcing you to buy the KEYone if you want Nougat???

That's just shocking!!!!

Or.........

That's just business......
    Exactly... if you are a content person the Priv and Dteks are good for awhile as long as the security updates keep rolling in. The individual Google Apps update on a weekly basis. I will still grab either that Black edition Keyone or one of the new slabs soon.
    10-04-17 07:48 AM
    In theory, Li-Ion batteries don't have memory effect.

The most troublesome problems with modern batteries, causing it to loose capacity, are overheating and unregulated quick chargers
    Wow, that's a point to consider indeed. As my device came to me used, it might well be the case that a bad quick-charger might have been used with it. Z-z-z-z...

But overheating should not be an issue as there is a temperature monitoring in place.
    10-05-17 04:18 PM
    I called BlackBerry and have to do some screenshots tomorrow and email back. They don't recognize AccuBattery data. One screen shot at 100%, then 50% and finally at 15%. Battery graph, apps and history. Then they will determine the next step
    Can you please share the email of the support crew if you may?
    10-05-17 04:20 PM
    can we just reload os with may update ?
    When I applied autoloader earlier than AAL158 my DTEK60 just got stuck at bootloader during boot - Android did not start at all. Though things repeatedly went back to normal after I returned to AAL158. WTFIGO?
    10-05-17 04:30 PM
    That's a valid point to consider, actually. We knew little about TCL, their production security standards and ways of doing business. This is gonna be a 1st and major challenge. I hope that this issue is actually in software/settings.
    10-05-17 04:46 PM
    Is it just me? Man! Chucky ur shtik is getting old.. People are having issues with their batteries, whatever ur deal is with jumping up someone *** should stop!
    10-05-17 05:25 PM
    Is it just me? Man! Chucky ur shtik is getting old.. People are having issues with their batteries, whatever ur deal is with jumping up someone *** should stop!
    What are you talking about? My comment was to someone complaining about not getting Nougat on PRIV or DTEK and being forced to buy KEYone if wanting Nougat on BlackBerry Mobile device.
    10-05-17 05:42 PM
    What are you talking about? My comment was to someone complaining about not getting Nougat on PRIV or DTEK and being forced to buy KEYone if wanting Nougat on BlackBerry Mobile device.
    All good Chuck, simmer dunnow!
    10-05-17 05:46 PM
    Man! Sorry to hear.. Does anyone know why there is NO ambassador, trusted member, or moderator, responding or giving input? Just curious, seems Dtek is truly abandonedto CB. Don't want to say to much or I might go the way of the Doe Doe myself.. Please keep us updated in your dealing with BB. Few days and Counting...
    I'm a TM. What exactly would you like me or someone else that volunteers here to do regarding a matter like this? Let me know how I can be of help. Seriously.
    10-05-17 05:46 PM
    I'm a TM. What exactly would you like me or someone else that volunteers here to do regarding a matter like this? Let me know how I can be of help. Seriously.
    Again, Chuck trying to start some sh**!
    Really? Now you want to chime in? Please....
    10-05-17 05:49 PM
178 ... 23456 ...