Folks,

I have been getting a "Battery control system" message where "Flashlight has been turned off due to low battery power". First of all my flashlight is off, and what the heck is going on??

Hope it's not a spy snooping on my phone lol. Help appreciated as it could also be draining my battery....
    01-30-18 03:42 PM
    DTEK60: Battery Control System Flashlight message??-screenshot_20180128-113414.jpg

Help?
    01-30-18 05:11 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180128-113414.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	433883

Help?
    I had the same issue. Many DTEK60 owners have experienced this problem, as well as sudden power-offs and an inability to hold charges.

I have sent my DTEK60 in to the authorized Alcatel Repair Centre (SBE Canada) three times. They claim to have performed software upgrades, but this is a lie since the Android version remains 6.0.1.

They also claim to have changed the battery, but problems persist.

Some consumers have had their phones replaced entirely, and others have seen improvement with a new battery.
    01-30-18 05:38 PM
    So what was your solution? Battery or...? I know you've been copying and pasting...
    01-30-18 05:50 PM
    I had the same problem until I sent the phone in for repairs and they replaced the battery. No issues now. Just the lack of a security update.
    01-30-18 06:06 PM
    Your battery is dead and requires replacement from the symptoms you are describing.
    moonflyer likes this.
    01-30-18 07:48 PM
    Your battery is dead and requires replacement from the symptoms you are describing.
    Update: I've called Blackberry Support, they've told me to do a(nother) factory reset. To not install any third-party apps (which I didn't) and watch the battery levels. The battery went from 70% to 0 in a matter of 45 minutes.
    02-02-18 04:09 AM
    It's dead and requires replacement.
    02-02-18 08:16 PM
    I've had the same problems with the battery. I took it to a repair shop in a mall where they plugged it into some diagnostic software and they told me that the motherboard was faulty. I sent it into Blackberry and had the main system board replaced for $99 CAD. (They claimed my phone was bent which voided the warranty but I don't see any bending on the phone). Once the phone was returned I charged it for 2 hours( it took 2 hours to reach 100%) before I turned it on. Once I did that, the battery showed 54% charge and all the problems with the battery were there as if no work was done on the phone. I sent it back again but I'm worried that I'm stuck with a phone that will never work again. It's a pity because I was really happy with this phone when I first bought it and I thought this was a great deal. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping they fix it this time however upon reading that people have had to send their phone in a third time, I'm wondering if maybe I should be shopping for a new phone.
    02-12-18 07:11 PM
    Just get a battery and replace it. Seriously, we're talking $30 and a half-hour of your time (or someone else's); I'll bet the "some diagnostic software" game at the mall store was total crap (they didn't want to open it up, probably because they didn't have the replacement battery in stock.)
    02-13-18 10:19 AM
    I've also had the same issues. Noticed the battery died quickly, had this notification pop up on my screen when it was fully charged overnight, and also had the phone turn off randomly at different percentages (15, 2, 47). Sent it in to blackberry repair; they replaced the motherboard but still seems to have the same issues. I'm going to contact them again and see what can be done about replacing the actual battery.
    04-10-18 06:38 AM
    I had similar problems with my Dtek60. Spent several weeks emailing back and forth with BB Mobile. The battery would go down quickly, then when it hit 30% it would shut off. Did factory reset, turned off wifi etc etc.
    Finally BB Mobile gave me 2 choices: send it in for repair (two weeks without the phone), or they send me a refurbished one and I send mine back within 5 days. I chose the latter and couldn't be happier. Hopefully this one keeps working well for a while.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Gomark75 likes this.
    04-11-18 07:30 AM