Just as the title says. I've been an avid BBM user for few years now. So naturally I'd be using it on this phone as well. What I noticed when I first set this phone up with BBM was that I would barely make it through the day. But recently I've decided to not use BBM so much and use SMS as a means of communication. Results? Over 4 hours of screen time and still battery left for few more hours. BBM is a battery killer in Android phones.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery is AMAZING w/o BBM-5197.jpg  
    12-11-16 04:48 AM
    I use BBM on my DTEK60 all day long and get over 8 hours of SOT. Strange the variation of user experiences.
    12-11-16 07:19 AM
    I use BBM on my DTEK60 all day long and get over 8 hours of SOT. Strange the variation of user experiences.
    Wow. 8 hours of SOT. I am pulling in over 4 and I thought I was doing well.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    12-11-16 07:24 AM
    Wow. 8 hours of SOT. I am pulling in over 4 and I thought I was doing well.
    Yes. It can be done.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery is AMAZING w/o BBM-83279.jpg  
    Uzi and 00stryder like this.
    12-11-16 08:57 AM
    How are you pulling in that much?? Do you use any apps such as Facebook or other social media apps? Also, do you use the hub? I heard the hub is a battery killer as well.
    12-11-16 11:55 AM
    FaceBook is a non starter for me in my life period, and yes I realized early that non-BlackBerry BBM unfortunately is a power hog. I have it installed on my BB10 device only.

Maybe it's just an optical illusion but the dtek60 battery stays at 100% for at least 3-4 hours from a fresh charge if on standby, then it just trickles away in very small drips under easy to moderate usage. The battery "appears" to be the best one in my fleet.
    12-11-16 12:06 PM
    How are you pulling in that much?? Do you use any apps such as Facebook or other social media apps? Also, do you use the hub? I heard the hub is a battery killer as well.
    I use hub. Have 3 EAS and 3 IMAP accounts attached to it. Use the whole BlackBerry suite of apps. Have 1 EAS contact list and 3 EAS calendars. Also bbm and text (via textra) frequently.

Social apps? Twitter, linked in, and reddit is fun. No Facebook. I don't use it.
    Last edited by Centerman66; 12-11-16 at 01:35 PM.
    12-11-16 12:15 PM
    I hse hub. Have 3 EAS and 3 IMAP accounts attached to it. Use the whole BlackBerry suite of apps. Have 1 EAS contact list and 3 EAS calendars. Also bbm and text (via textra) frequently.

Social apps? Twitter, linked in, and reddit is fun. No Facebook. I don't use it.
    Sounds almost the same as me. Except I have 1 EAS and 1 imap account. Google and EAS calendar. No Facebook either.

Still getting 4 hours SOT. Whatever your doing something is going right with your phone and set up.
    12-11-16 12:45 PM
    Sounds almost the same as me. Except I have 1 EAS and 1 imap account. Google and EAS calendar. No Facebook either.

Still getting 4 hours SOT. Whatever your doing something is going right with your phone and set up.
    I also keep screen brightness pretty low. I don't like it shining into my skull.
    12-11-16 01:36 PM
    I also keep screen brightness pretty low. I don't like it shining into my skull.
    Do you use the phone with battery saver on all the time? Also do you use mostly WiFi or cellular data? I'm still amazed as to how you're pulling 8 hours of screen time
    12-11-16 05:21 PM
    Do you use the phone with battery saver on all the time? Also do you use mostly WiFi or cellular data? I'm still amazed as to how you're pulling 8 hours of screen time
    I've never used battery saver mode. I am on wifi probably 80% of the day.
    12-11-16 07:11 PM
    I've never used battery saver mode. I am on wifi probably 80% of the day.
    This is a huge contributing factor, devices heat up and expend more battery the more it has to work to pull in a cellular signal.
    stlabrat likes this.
    12-11-16 07:36 PM
    This is a huge contributing factor, devices heat up and expend more battery the more it has to work to pull in a cellular signal.
    That makes a lot of sense.
    12-11-16 07:53 PM
    This makes a lot of sense.
    12-11-16 07:54 PM
    The other thing I would add is I used my Priv in exactly the same way under the same circumstances as my DTEK60 and I never got more than 5.5 hours SOT. So in short, the DTEK60 is materially more power efficient than the Priv.
    12-11-16 08:19 PM
    The other thing I would add is I used my Priv in exactly the same way under the same circumstances as my DTEK60 and I never got more than 5.5 hours SOT. So in short, the DTEK60 is materially more power efficient than the Priv.
    SD820 vs 808 efficiency right there.
    12-11-16 08:22 PM
    It is kind of crazy, I have noticed better battery life on cellular only. I am in a particularly strong coverage area where the device is never having to search much at all. I get 4 bars sitting in my home office and 5 bars sitting in my real office 10 miles away.

This is still a surprise for me... not sure what the cause might be, but this is definitely unique to the DTEK60.

I do still connect to WiFi at home, but not anywhere else. I guess I could try to go cellular only as I do have unlimited data, but I haven't yet for any great amount of time.
    12-11-16 08:28 PM
    It is kind of crazy, I have noticed better battery life on cellular only. I am in a particularly strong coverage area where the device is never having to search much at all. I get 4 bars sitting in my home office and 5 bars sitting in my real office 10 miles away.

This is still a surprise for me... not sure what the cause might be, but this is definitely unique to the DTEK60.

I do still connect to WiFi at home, but not anywhere else. I guess I could try to go cellular only as I do have unlimited data, but I haven't yet for any great amount of time.
    If you get a good signal and the strength is fairly consistent you're not going to see battery drain like someone who hovers on the 3G/4G crossover, if the signal is satisfactorily strong enough the device isn't going to actively work to stay connected whereas a poor connection will cause constant searching for stronger towers, and use battery doing so.
    12-11-16 08:36 PM
    If you get a good signal and the strength is fairly consistent you're not going to see battery drain like someone who hovers on the 3G/4G crossover, if the signal is satisfactorily strong enough the device isn't going to actively work to stay connected whereas a poor connection will cause constant searching for stronger towers, and use battery doing so.
    I agree with this explanation.
    12-11-16 09:58 PM
    Just as the title says. I've been an avid BBM user for few years now. So naturally I'd be using it on this phone as well. What I noticed when I first set this phone up with BBM was that I would barely make it through the day. But recently I've decided to not use BBM so much and use SMS as a means of communication. Results? Over 4 hours of screen time and still battery left for few more hours. BBM is a battery killer in Android phones.
    My DTEK60 battery life has been phenomenal. Better than the priv and the battery is smaller, harder to make sense of that. I can't say I use BBM often though. It's just another half decent instant messaging app to me. No where near as good as it was on OS7. Whatsapp is much better
    12-12-16 12:54 AM
    I find the battery amazing on the dtek60. I use BBM, WhatsApp, Flickr and sms. I also have four email accounts. Not to mention constant phone calls. I get a good eight hours during the day before a quick charge. On weekends I would say 18 to 20 hours
    12-12-16 04:15 AM
    You'll have to post a screenshot of you getting 8 hours of SOT. I don't know any phone that can do that while using all those services.

Please post the screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 05:09 AM
    You'll have to post a screenshot of you getting 8 hours of SOT. I don't know any phone that can do that while using all those services.

Please post the screenshot.

Posted via CB10
    I did post a screen shot
    12-12-16 06:35 AM
    I've gotten 7 hrs before. BBM does use a lot on standby tho.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery is AMAZING w/o BBM-1366.jpg  
    12-12-16 09:05 AM
    I did post a screen shot
    I think we are getting confused as to the actual SOT. The area at the bottom that shows 8hrs where screen on I don't believe is the actual amount of time the screen was on.

The part towards the middle that shows screen right under the phone is the actual amount of minutes and hours the screen was lit for.

I downloaded GSam yesterday as well and the amount at the bottom where screen is showed almost 7 hours as well. But my phone screen was not on for 7 hours.

Not sure what the bottom section showing screen is referring to. The actual SOT is under the screen settings towards the middle.
    12-12-16 09:06 AM
29 12