So, the BlackBerry charger that came in the bundle is equivalents to the quick charger 2.0?
    The charger packed in with the phone is not a quick charger.

The charger that is thrown in as a bonus (part number RC1500) is indeed QuickCharge 2.0.
    10-31-16 10:23 AM
    The charger packed in with the phone is not a quick charger.
    You're wrong.

I don't care how it's labeled, it's QC2.0; it is capable of switching to 9V mode and does so when charging the DTEK60.

I have a USB power analyzer......
    10-31-16 10:26 AM
    I agree with tickerguy..
    Last edited by Hidjk; 11-04-16 at 05:57 PM.
    10-31-16 10:29 AM
    You're wrong.

I don't care how it's labeled, it's QC2.0; it is capable of switching to 9V mode and does so when charging the DTEK60.

I have a USB power analyzer......
    I was speaking of the wall wart in the retail package with the phone, not the separately boxed one. The separately boxed one is definitely QC2.0, I think it even has the Qualcomm licensing on the box.
    10-31-16 10:58 AM
    I was speaking of the wall wart in the retail package with the phone, not the separately boxed one. The separately boxed one is definitely QC2.0, I think it even has the Qualcomm licensing on the box.
    So am I.

BOTH come up with 9V when connected to the DTEK60; ergo, both are QC2.0. Oh, and both are approximately equal in charging speed (current and voltage delivered) too. If you look on the side of the little wall wart in the retail package the nameplate rating is [email protected] and 9V @1.87A, which is almost-exactly what it in fact delivers.... that 9V rating is QC2.0.

If you want to get technical about it the secondary included charger is name-plate rated at 1.5A @ 9V, which is actually inferior to the in-box charger!
    10-31-16 12:33 PM
    Wow, I hadn't noticed that. Admittedly, I kind of figured that it was a non-QC charger since it looked about the same as the old pack in chargers that have been used for years.
    10-31-16 12:48 PM
    So am I.

BOTH come up with 9V when connected to the DTEK60; ergo, both are QC2.0. Oh, and both are approximately equal in charging speed (current and voltage delivered) too. If you look on the side of the little wall wart in the retail package the nameplate rating is [email protected] and 9V @1.87A, which is almost-exactly what it in fact delivers.... that 9V rating is QC2.0.

If you want to get technical about it the secondary included charger is name-plate rated at 1.5A @ 9V, which is actually inferior to the in-box charger!
    Just to make sure I understand correctly. The in-box charger AND the rapid charger from the bundle are practically the same?
    11-04-16 05:26 AM
    Correct; and the (smaller physically) in-box charger is in fact slightly more-powerful.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-04-16 08:37 AM
    Correct; and the (smaller physically) in-box charger is in fact slightly more-powerful.
    Whaaatttt???..... Mind blown. Thanks for the confirmation. Will use the in-box charger more frequently now.

I have read the QC3.0 might not be worth getting as there isn't too much of a charge difference overall, is that something you would know about? I would consider this more for the car but am not sure if it will degrade the battery over time with the extra speed of charge.
    11-04-16 08:44 AM
    QC3.0 produces a higher net charge rate and less heating, all other things being equal.

It does so by delivering more amps and fewer volts, which allows the phone to dissipate less heat stepping down the voltage to what is required to actually go into the battery. In other words, lower losses.

QC2.0 can only set the charge voltage to one of 5V, 9V or 12V. QC3.0 is true variable-voltage; my QC3.0 charger in my car negotiates with the phone to deliver 6.x volts @ close to 3A. Yes, it's worth it, especially for a car charger where the potential for the device to have other heat-adding environmental sources is very real (e.g. sunlight through the windshield, etc.)
    00stryder likes this.
    11-04-16 09:28 AM
    QC3.0 produces a higher net charge rate and less heating, all other things being equal.

It does so by delivering more amps and fewer volts, which allows the phone to dissipate less heat stepping down the voltage to what is required to actually go into the battery. In other words, lower losses.

QC2.0 can only set the charge voltage to one of 5V, 9V or 12V. QC3.0 is true variable-voltage; my QC3.0 charger in my car negotiates with the phone to deliver 6.xQC volts @ close to 3A. Yes, it's worth it, especially for a car charger where the potential for the device to have other heat-adding environmental sources is very real (e.g. sunlight through the windshield, etc.)
    Hi friend, do you have any good suggestions for cables, the one I bought doesn't work with my new QC3 chargers... and the one that came with the phone doesn't charge any faster with the new QC3 chargers compared to using it with the supplied BlackBerry charger.
    Last edited by Hidjk; 11-04-16 at 12:22 PM.
    11-04-16 10:20 AM
    I bought a pack of Aukey USB Type-C cables on Amazon and they all appear to work well. I wanted a moderate-length one for the car, a long one for my nightstand and a short one for my portable power bank, so this worked out well.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-USB-C-C...UvbUpU12653297
    11-04-16 10:21 AM
    I bought a pack of Aukey USB Type-C cables on Amazon and they all appear to work well. I wanted a moderate-length one for the car, a long one for my nightstand and a short one for my portable power bank, so this worked out well.

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-USB-C-C...UvbUpU12653338
    Thanks, I think I found them on Amazon. Ca and might give them a try.
    Last edited by Hidjk; 11-04-16 at 12:03 PM.
    11-04-16 10:44 AM
    Took about 55 minutes with the supplied BlackBerry charger... just thought I'd let people who don't have it yet know... I don't think that's to bad either... take care
    That's excellent performance. One of the fastest of most smartphones I've had or heard of so far, outside the OnePlus 3 that is.
    11-04-16 05:18 PM
    That's excellent performance. One of the fastest of most smartphones I've had or heard of so far, outside the OnePlus 3 that is.
    Yes, I thought it was really good too. But I want to see if a QC 3 charger can do it even faster. To bad the cable I bought with the QC3 chargers doesn't work. Hopefully the ones I ordered today will work when I get them...
    11-04-16 05:23 PM

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-USB-C-C...UvbUpU12653944
    Are these Type C to A cords? If so, do they allow full QC 3.0 charging or is that something you're not worried about? I was under the impression they had to be C to C?
    11-04-16 05:40 PM
    A->C cords are fine for QC3.0.

Type C charge negotiation is NOT the same as QC3.0. That requires a straight through cable, and USB Type C on BOTH ends. There's no defined "charge source" or "charge sink" on Type C; in other words either end can be either a source, a sink or (depending on its needs and desires) both. This is NOT true for QC3.0; that's a unidirectional charging protocol.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-04-16 05:49 PM
    So what benefit does Type-C charge offer over QC 3.0?
    11-04-16 05:56 PM
    So what benefit does Type-C charge offer over QC 3.0?
    In a phone context, very little or nothing.

In a different context, maybe quite a lot. For instance, Type C can quite-easily handle charging a laptop with a 14-16v (nominal) multi-cell battery. While QC3.0 can technically handle that, realistically it cannot. QC2.0 can't handle it at all, since it is limited to 12V output. Further, QC3.0 is a unidirectional protocol (charge source -> charge sink) where USB Type C is a bidirectional protocol so if you have two devices, each of which has energy storage capacity, either can transfer power to the other for either operational purposes (just to run said device) or to charge its storage bank. (Typically you'd just want to transfer enough power to run the other device because charging involves two losses to charge and then pull charge to run the device, where running the device only involves one loss.)

Where this gets a bit interesting is when you talk about portable power banks; a Type C connectored unit could power your Type C equipped laptop, as well as charge your phone (although probably not both at once), where the more-typical power bank has no ability to power the laptop at all. The challenge comes if you like using those power banks "like a UPS" such as I prefer; only a few can do it in any event today (RavPower is one of the notable ones designed this way) as it means my power bank is ALWAYS charged whenever I grab it, and I plug into THAT instead of the charger cord.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-04-16 06:21 PM
    So basically, the only time I have to worry about C to C is if I'm using a portable battery pack and want to utilize Type-C charging?
    11-04-16 07:02 PM
    So basically, the only time I have to worry about C to C is if I'm using a portable battery pack and want to utilize Type-C charging?
    Right, but if you have a portable power bank and it supports QC2 or QC3 they'll give you nearly the same charge rate, so it's not that big of a deal.

Where it will suddenly start to matter is when USB Type C connections start showing up on things like laptops that have large power adapters that can be plugged into them. Right now my laptop will "AC" charge when off (1A rate) but only charge at a 500ma rate when in use. That sort of bites. Having a Type C socket on the laptop would be, for me, a reason to buy a new one because then I could charge the phone off the laptop when in use and on AC power, and it would charge rapidly. Even better it can do USB-linked "hotspot" at the same time, so I no longer have to stick a wireless signal in the air, it's faster (since it's a cable link) AND it charges the phone fast at the same time.
    00stryder likes this.
    11-04-16 09:22 PM
    I have qc 2.0 and 3.0 for my 50, the 3.0 is noticeablely faster and it doesn't get as warm while charging. 0-80% is about ten mins faster. Anything after 90 is a lot slower. That's where 2.0 vs 3.0 isn't as noticeable, better, but not dramatically.

Will be interested to test the differences with the 60 as the 820 is better optimized for 3.0 than the 617 which is 3.0 capable as per Qualcomm and there is a difference.
    11-05-16 12:48 AM
    What's the total wattage of the one that comes with the bundle?
    11-05-16 12:49 AM
    Took about 55 minutes with the supplied BlackBerry charger... just thought I'd let people who don't have it yet know... I don't think that's to bad either... take care
    Yes, I thought it was really good too. But I want to see if a QC 3 charger can do it even faster. To bad the cable I bought with the QC3 chargers doesn't work. Hopefully the ones I ordered today will work when I get them...
    Welp, that's the fastest I've heard of from any Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 enabled smartphone.
    11-05-16 01:48 PM
49 12