Oooh, where'd you get the pic?

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    10-12-16 05:33 PM
    That's nice, just need the logo on the front

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-16 05:36 PM
    Oooh, where'd you get the pic?

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.2.2474
    It was on BH preorder page but it's taken down now.
    10-12-16 05:51 PM
    Pic was taken from Android Police on October 11 and now I see it on CrackBerry.

10-12-16 05:54 PM
    From the initial look at it ..That picture looked like it had a glass back ,but I took a better look at picture of it and it looks like it has the same rubber back as the Dtek50. So I would expect it to be identical but little bit bigger. Still like it but sometimes pictures can be deceiving .

10-12-16 06:03 PM
    From the initial look at it ..That picture looked like it had a glass back ,but I took a better look at picture of it and it looks like it has the same rubber back as the Dtek50. So I would expect it to be identical but little bit bigger. Still like it but sometimes pictures can be deceiving .

As stated by Blaze1 in another thread, its a glass back and by the picture it looks like glass.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 07:55 PM
    I'm Sold!!! On It. What a Beauty BB...

That's a fine looking device. It looks sweet.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 409943
    10-12-16 07:57 PM
    Honestly Didn't see that thread . Don't follow all threads just to many to follow..Kinda shows some people are on same page yet in a different book same story . If you know what I mean. I am not really surprised cause when I watch Upstream podcast most of the time I agree with Bla1ze 95%.
    Sorry for repeating .

10-12-16 08:10 PM
    Honestly Didn't see that thread . Don't follow all threads just to many to follow..Kinda shows some people are on same page yet in a different book same story . If you know what I mean. I am not really surprised cause when I watch Upstream podcast most of the time I agree with Bla1ze 95%.
    Sorry for repeating .

No worries my friend. Here is the thread. See page 2 towards middle of page approx. Glass backing as stated by Blaze1.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1088435

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 10:19 PM
    Thanks, my first impressions was glass ,but then I took a picture and blew it up and sometimes most often the picture gets grainy and that's why I second guessed myself. You start to over analyze things.
    Maybe it could be a shiny Grey leather so it shows the reflections of other phone too.
    That's funny eh.
    Blackberry ,Expect the Unexpected, Keep us wondering what the next move is.
    Just love it.

10-12-16 11:29 PM
    Love the look of this phone. Gorgeous. Can we change the name of this thread finally.

10-12-16 11:33 PM
    Maybe "Look of Love Dtek60" by BlackBerry.. Maybe Dianna Krall will sing it on a commercial.

10-12-16 11:43 PM
    To be honest all of their phones have been overpriced since bb10. Sad but true.

"PKB"
    10-13-16 07:48 AM
    To be honest all of their phones have been overpriced since bb10. Sad but true.

"PKB"
    $499 is not over priced given the Specs

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-13-16 10:07 AM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    It should be free you know, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-13-16 10:19 AM

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    I guess only when there are others cheaper with similar specs and let's not even start with name reputation. BlackBerry just can't demand that price. Remember the VW photon? Nope no one does because no one in the US was going to pay 60000 for a VW branded car. Audi, BMW, Benz... yes but not VW. Apple, Samsung, Google, those are the names and even others that can command that price for hardware.

"PKB"
    10-13-16 11:27 AM
    and the fact that it was a 12 cylinder and a hog and competed directly with it's audi brand? why would they continue it or even produce it? they are competing with themselves.
    10-13-16 12:02 PM
    I guess only when there are others cheaper with similar specs and let's not even start with name reputation. BlackBerry just can't demand that price. Remember the VW photon? Nope no one does because no one in the US was going to pay 60000 for a VW branded car. Audi, BMW, Benz... yes but not VW. Apple, Samsung, Google, those are the names and even others that can command that price for hardware.

"PKB"
    When I tell people I use a blackberry, they usually cringe AND VOMIT. No one really understands how damaged the BlackBerry name is to the general consumer. They literally puke when they hear the name. And nobody knows the new blackberry phones run android. WHICH IS WHY I CREATED THIS THREAD! Sell it for $399 and maybe, just maybe, some people other than the people on this site will buy it. At$499, it's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-13-16 12:13 PM
    Sell it for $399 and maybe, just maybe, some people other than the people on this site will buy it. At$499, it's DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Then so be it. If Blackberry can't make a profit off the device, they won't do it anymore.
    10-13-16 12:20 PM
    Wow cheap phone yet everyone complains!

10-13-16 01:38 PM

Totally agree. For what you're getting its actually priced aggressively compared to other phones. People always want to compare it OnePlus3, Umi etc. But little do they realize, these OEM'S Don't offer security patch updates like BlackBerry does on a monthly basis. Your lucky if you get one 1 per year.

Are you willing to stay compromised and vulnerable to hacks for $100 less? And not to mention the lousy customer service as well. Good luck if your phone breaks down under warranty. I've seen a lot of forums of people complaining that it's not worth it and they would have gone for a more expensive phone to avoid these headaches.

BlackBerry knows software, these Chinese OEM'S Don't, plain and simple.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 01:53 PM

Not cheap when you're a Canadian. There's a thing called foreign currency exchange rates. BlackBerry sells it in USD because of critical mass. $499 becomes $620 CAD. Imagine how much it would drive away people in BlackBerry's home turf because it would pinch their wallets if they got one. Even one's responsible parents (who are the typical consumer) would cry "expensive". $500 CAD is borderline to a lot of people.

But that's just my two cents.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 02:02 PM
    Not cheap when you're a Canadian. There's a thing called foreign currency exchange rates. BlackBerry sells it in USD because of critical mass. $499 becomes $620 CAD. Imagine how much it would drive away people in BlackBerry's home turf because it would pinch their wallets if they got one. Even one's responsible parents (who are the typical consumer) would cry "expensive". $500 CAD is borderline to a lot of people.

Posted via CB10
    if oil is 90 dollar and your CAD would be much better purchasing power (don't get me wrong, i am in the same boat suffer from the low dollar and still missing the promised job boom from our gov)... the spec looks wonderful... the dollar is your problem... Google Pixel vs BlackBerry DTEK60 Compare Mobile Phones - MobileSMSPK.net
    10-13-16 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually as of Today's exchange its $658. Electronics are always cheaper in the US, Canadian get raped big time because of the exchange. But I do agree that Blackberry should do something for the Canadians with the price of the DTEK60, it is after all a Canadian company.
    10-13-16 02:33 PM
278 ... 89101112